Reviews for A Year of Seasons
Slytherinfangirl chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
Awww lve them! They are my new OTP
Sara chapter 4 . 3/20/2011
Heartbreaking in parts but I loved it. Beautiful story.
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 4 . 12/10/2010
Aw! I love Lucissa now! These were so sweet - especially the spring and summer ones...

I had to gulp when I realised Cissy had lost her child. She would have loved a daughter, I think, and I'm going to pretend that that baby she lost would have been a little girl.

I'm not surprised she shut herself off - she was grieving, after all, but I did feel for Lucius. It's not his fault and he was only trying to help.

Great job on the whole series.
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
"Winter" - This one is just heartbreaking. A very accurate description of grief though, and Cissy's withdrawal is unsurprising, really . . . though I feel so sorry for Lucius here. (The note about how he couldn't sleep without her was especially sad - it's the little things that break them down, or that hurt the most, somehow.)

"Snow" - This one was lovely. The little details - it wasn't the first snowfall, but the first Narcissa noticed - really make the piece, and manage to show you how strong her grief was, while still giving you hope she'll recover. "Progress, she was coming back to him". *FAVE LINE*

"Barren" - :'(

"Ice" - Oh, this one was just gorgeous. I love the image of the ice-skating, because it echoes how precarious things were that winter, how close they came to cracking. And I really love the image of Cissy getting up and looking out on her own - it's a positive closing image, in a season that's been filled with tragedy. It seems important that she has that moment of solitude, and proves her own strength. Lucius has carried her a lot, but she's strong in herself too, and this is a perfect way to show us that she needs his support, but she's not weak herself. (And we know that one day she'll be strong enough to carry their entire family, ofc.)

This was wonderful! Thank you so much! :D :D :D

*squishes*
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 3 . 7/26/2010
"Fall" - Oh, lol. I am so not American . . . when I saw that prompt I thought of "fall", as in the verb. But then you said autumn, and I got it. *facepalm* Though actually, I like the use of it here, because it's got that dual meaning - the season, ofc, and to actually "fall" - pregnant, in Cissy's case. Nice! And "it was going to be a very good autumn" . . . :'(

"Chill" - Oh that is just ADORABLE. *smiles best shipper-y smile* :D

"Apples" - I love this! Cissy is very sweet and childlike in this one, and it's just too cute, really. I want a picture of this now! :)

"Life / Death" - I always envisioned this happening to Cissy too, unfortunately . . . again, we alarm me slightly. (;D)

But this is just so simply put, and so tragic. The last sentence is nice and bare, it just states the insurmountable fact of loss. Poor Cissy . . . . :'(
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 2 . 7/26/2010
"Summer" - "She hated summer." Says it all really . . . simple but perfectly powerful. I love it. :)

"Heat" - Lol. Silly thing. We don't mind if you overshoot slightly . . . . :D

Awww .. . . . (Okay, I tried to think of something non-sleazy and non "aw" to say here, and somehow I failed . . . *coughs*. But I THINK you get it. ;D)

"Sunshine" - *bursts out laughing*

Rofl! I love that Lucissa go for a picnic, and eating is completely beside the point. Perfection.

"Swimming" - Haha! I love that Lucius "doesn't remind her" of the heat, so naturally, lol, it's his fault that Italy is so hot.

And Lucissa go on a holiday, where holidaying is once again . . . completely beside the point.

Loved it! xD
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I love this! And it's such a nice idea too, the seasons prompt. I don't know if it was a specific Lucissa prompt (maybe we're just Lucissa-obsessed, lol) but either way, it's the perfect device to chronicle something like a marriage. And it gives rise to some really lovely imagery too. :)

"Spring" - I love the idea of new beginnings, and the change in seasons .. . and it is just so Cissy, to sneak off beforehand and have a look at everything she's going to own! Hehe.

"Flowers" - I love the image of the raindrops on the flowers, it's so fresh and delicate somehow . . . :)

"Rain" - Awwww .. . .

"Rainbow" - Aw! (Again, lol.) That was a really lovely note to end it on, the break in the rain and the clearing of her thoughts. The rainbow image breaks the tension of the rain and her husband's absences nicely, and echoes the hope of the first part, the idea of new beginnings, and a world that's just their's for the taking. It's lovely. :D
xoxLewrahxox chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
I liked the opening line in 'Winter' as it portrays this idea that Narcissa is absolutely devastated which anyone would have been. I guess it doesn't help that much because in how I imagine the pureblood society to be, everyone would be looking down on Narcissa thinking that it was somehow her fault.

I like the metaphor of: "everything was dead' as it shows this idea that her miscarriage has had an effect on everything.

I like how the relationship between Lucius and Narcissa seems to be coming back.

The last line was great: "Spring would be a new beginning, she was sure of it." as it relates to the general intepretation of the season "spring' with lambs being born.. you know?

Great fic Hanna, I have really enjoyed reading XD
xoxLewrahxox chapter 3 . 7/26/2010
I loved the juxtaposition in this chapters as things are still sweet between Narcissa and Lucius, but she loses her baby which would have been really horrible for her (well anyone really.) Poor Narcissa! -hugs-

Great work!
xoxLewrahxox chapter 2 . 7/26/2010
I love the repetition that you had in the first section.. I always find it so effective and it enhances the mood. I also loved the sense of Lucissa! :D

I loved the sweetness in ' Heat' and how she was pleased to have him home. Was he with Voldemort and that is why she was looking to see whether he was harmed?

Yet again, another bundle of sweetness.. I love it!
xoxLewrahxox chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I love this!

I like the great portrayal of the relationship between Narcissa and Lucius. It is really really sweet.

My favourite part was when Lucius gave her the flowers.

Incredibly sweet! XD
TuesdayNovember chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
That was really...nice. Honestly, it could have been about anyone, which is good, because it means everything was realistic. Wonderful job! )
Inkfire chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
This was so, so, so BEAUTIFUL!
Inkfire chapter 3 . 7/26/2010