Reviews for Before We Danced With Shadows
shadowsamurai83 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
That was a great story, especially the ending. It was bad enough watching that episode, which was full of emotion, but after reading this...well, all I can say is wow. You're right, people forget that Anna wasn't always evil, and that she didn't have a choice in the matter, much like Morden. This certainly made us see a different side to the story. Thanks for sharing. :)
Danielle chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This is excellent. I loved the way you built up to the end moment, by alternating between John's past with Anna, and his present with Delenn, with echoes of Anna also still present. It made the end of the chapter - with the identity of John's visitor unspoken, but of course, we know who it is - so haunting. And you're right that John's past happiness with Anna seems to get overlooked, with the focus only on "evil Anna", and John's journey from that back to Delenn's side. It's good to see your well-written, fresh angle on that story.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
So far, you have been laying this out excellently. I'm impressed and will be watching for the rest. I'm one of those who really isn't sure what I think of Anna. But I have read the book you mentioned, and even I will admit I don't know what I would have chosen in that situation. On the other hand if I had been aware of what lay ahead, I think I would have preferred to die than live as little better than a weapon. Who's to say? The character did open herself to judgment in some ways.

Starfire201 (act. acct.)
NWHS chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I'm not sure if this is a oneshot or simply chapter 1, but it is very well done. I like the way you organized the story with the flashbacks mixed in with the present day. I also think the points you made in your author notes are dead on.
kungfuwaynewho chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
This is lovely. I was a little disappointed by the way Anna's return was dealt with on the show - my favorite part of it is that fight Delenn and Sheridan have, when he confesses how hard it was for him to allow himself to have feelings for her when a part of him still loved his wife. It was very real, and I think you tap into that here very well.

Also, if I've already developed a B5 fic kink, it's the watching ritual. Love your take on it, with a dance before he goes to sleep; it's intimate, romantic. (Although I always wonder, watching the end of that episode, why Delenn's in a robe...)
Nyt Yanse chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
A haunting tale, very well written and descriptive.