Reviews for Bubbly
thecolorofmagic chapter 4 . 8/10/2013
Get Better! I know from experience that it is hard, but possible. And for this being your first 2nd person fic it's pretty good. I couldn't have done it better because I could never wright in 2nd person.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/4/2013
this is just lovely and perfect and expresses everything i feel better than i ever could. don't ever stop writing.
SocietalFlub chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
Beautiful and poetic story you've got; I absolutely adore it! I like the format of the first 3 chapters where it's a long paragraph then a single statement/question and so on. I hope this isn't the end, it's truly beautiful, prose-like, writing. Well done, you!
TheLittleDarkFox chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
I really love your imagery of Ginny as an autumn leaf, it fits her so well and you write so beautifully. I really do adore this fic, I'm so happy you're still adding to it.

Don't worry about the time between updates, I think they're worth waiting for... And I can relate to creativity going hand in hand with not being in a good place mentally, that happens to me too.
When you do write a new chapter for this however, I'll still be here to read it.
Casson chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
thank you for this.

it was so well done. you express things i've always been unable to in the most graceful way-

'It's funny how you can make yourself forget. You can spin around to music or watch the stars and turn of your brain for a moment. Only a moment, nothing more permanent than that. Perhaps you can live like that for the rest of your life, on stolen moments of silence and bubbles in your head'

'Eating is funny, food covers you in some kind of goo that slips and seeps all over your thoughts, dulling the colours until you don't feel real at all. When you are hungry it feels like bubbles are popping in your brain and behind your eyeballs, creating a kind of clarity that makes the growing and shrinking thoughts less scary'

'You silently recite anecdotes, working on your facial expressions and slight quirks that would make you more interesting to watch. It sounds mad when you think about it, so you try not to. You just continue your stories until morning comes and you have something to distract you.'

and so much more.

i still struggle with food, so this was especially stunning for me. it was so breathtaking to read. poetic and subtly scary.

best of luck with any other writing.
Echo Vanity chapter 3 . 4/2/2012
Oh wow so somehow when I reviewed before I failed to notice there was a third chapter...so ignore bits of my last review. This is amazing. The darkness and desperation and horror is there and I feel so sorry for Ginny because it's so awful to feel like that. This is haunting and wonderful and awful. Again, please continue!
Echo Vanity chapter 2 . 4/2/2012
This is amazing. I have non-purge type bulimia and on the days I fast, I feel like this. Not so extreme, but when I'm in the high of hunger this is what it feels like. I like that you incorporate some bits of how hard it is, like with Ginny feeling like she's fake, or Luna saying she pretends it's because she chooses not to eat, not because she can't...becuae I've felt that way so often. One of the lines that struck me was: "...could need to stop eating to fix her brain." Because I feel that every time I fast. Like if I make it three days or more, something will flip in my heaad and things will start going right again. And it doesn't, of course but you think it will. I think this fic is brilliant, the only criticism I have is it needs a touch more of the negativity...you mentioned it a little, but a touch more may make it more realistic. But obviously that's your choice to make. It'd be awesome if you could continue it, it's so well written. Beautiful work.
jade isabelle chapter 3 . 3/16/2012
This is beautiful...I don't have other words for it.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/18/2011
I don't understand why you would take two wonderful, /happy/ characters from a beloved series and make them have anorexia.

Anorexia sucks. I know. Do you understand how awful it is not being able to eat anything without hating yourself? I can't remember what it's like to just eat and not /think/ about what I'll have to do to make up for it, how many calories it is, if I deserve it. It isn't something you should take lightly, like, 'Oh I'll write something about eating disorders today!'
LingeringLuminosity chapter 3 . 10/11/2011
This is so different so beautifully written that i was well and truly sucked in. Utterly fantastic, really.
bevverly chapter 2 . 7/2/2011
This fic is very well written, and the second person narrative is done particularly skillfully. Your insight into Luna and Ginny's minds is impressive, as is your vocabulary. The words flow beautifully. I think you should continue this fic, though perhaps in alternating points of view.

What I mean is, maybe a few chapters in 3rd person omnicient, and a few in 2nd person? It may show how anorexia takes it's toll on the minds of the two girls and provide a contrast, while better expressing the plot? Whatever you think is best.

Anyhow, I would love to read more of this :D
TheLittleDarkFox chapter 2 . 5/12/2011
I think that this is rapidly becoming one of my favourite fics on here, I just love how different it is; there are so many stories centred around eating disorders and a lot of them start to feel very similar, but this one just seems to stand out to me. I think your use of language plays a big part in that, I find it to be both intelligent and emotive and the way you write is very appealing. It's excellent.

I really liked that you wrote from Luna's perspective in this chapter, it really helped to flesh out her character more and was a nice balance to the previous chapter focusing on Ginny.

In regards to Evanna Lynch, personally I don't think it's disrespectful to post this chapter as I don't think your story makes light of the illness or glamorises it. I'm actually glad you decided to post, I really enjoyed reading it. I hope you add more to this.
Abnab chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Using second person narrative its tricky to pull off well, and I think you've managed it. I think your fic is strong enough to expand it with more chapters, and If you do I would Love to see what you do with Luna.
xXBlueDazeXx chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I would honestly love to read more. If you made this into a multichapter that would be amazing :D
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
wow this is good! please write more!