Reviews for One Last Spark
Ryan chapter 55 . 2/12
Bravo, bravo and well done! Not sure if I reviewed the first two books, but just in case I didn't: this whole trilogy is wonderful! For some reason, EnvyxOC fics seem to be really well written, and I don't know if that holds in general, but it certainly holds for you! Sure, there were a few typos here and there, but the OC's were so well-written and interesting, and the canon characters were so spot-on, that a few spelling and grammar issues are a very minor demerit.

Also, I love how you mixed in some Brotherhood elements, like the Briggs reference and Truth. Especially Truth, he/she/it is awesome!

Easily one of my favorite FMA fics thus far. And a trilogy at that! And Dante finally gets what's coming to her. Good riddance!

Awesome characters, awesome story. I laughed, I cried, I shook my fists and ground my teeth. It takes talent to evoke such emotions from me in a story, but you have definitely succeeded. Thanks for such a wonderful experience! Cheers!
OK sorry this is not a review I just have a few questions. U seem pretty in depth with this fan fiction stuff but I was wanting to create a fully original piece, do u know a website I can do that on bcuz idk if this is a site just for spin offs. Also do u have any pointers on the creating an anime?
Lady Elvira chapter 55 . 11/19/2014
Well, out of all your Lightning Strike series, this on is my absolute favorite! The other parts of that series are great, too, but then again, I prefer to get surprised by
a – to me completely unknown – plot; like it was the case with this. The plot is absolutely great!
New homunculi, who only serve to set up a trap due to ritual murders in order to satisfy Dante's cravings for revenge … That's indeed quite a smashing idea and I was captivated from the very first chapter.
By that, I am also quite fond with the homunculi themselves; that they only get along with each other partially and that Dante's keen on avoiding any friendship between them. Yet their portrayal's just great; not too nice since some of them are real bad-ass but just right!
Fear, for example, was my favourite amongst them. Always quick to give an ironic remark and being gifted by quite a cool ability as a homunculus. Her ability to let other ones see their greatest fears and also being able to morph her arm into "scary" things is really thoughtful! As well as giving her some very profound weaknesses, along with her remains …
But I also like the abilities of the other homunculus. And even though they were set up quite well, their origin surely was obvious, at least if one was paying attention. Due to that, the human part of Judgment, Spite and Arrogance were identified quite easily. Not that this did affect the reading by any means …
However, Desire, Regret, Arrogance and Malice were not so bad themselves. Desire did really live up to his name; it was a shame that we didn't get to know more about him.
Regret, on the other hand, well, let's just say, I was as good as convinced that he's Timmy. But that was long before Judgment mentioned him to be "like a father" to her. Everything was clear then.
I was just wondering why he – back as Maes Hughes - didn't try to profit from the fact that the other homunculi thought he was still Regret. Couldn't he have gained an effort by that?
Anyway, Arrogance surely was manipulating. But someone as annoying as him only could have been suspect … and then again, he did resemble Pride quite a lot. I am still fascinated how you manage to use his seeming clumsiness to create the transmutation circle that would destroy homunculi … and thereby poor Greed. The latter one seems to have a thing in falling for that, mhm?
Malice … well … he surely did appear like a mystery to me and that almost till the very end. At is was a real shock! Especially since I've almost given up hope back then to hear from Timmy ever again … but his presence surely explained Lori's doings back then …
Correct me if I am wrong: Malice was the one who could perform teleport, no? Why didn’t he use that while fighting Wrath and Envy? It is not like any of his remains would have slowed him down back there …
While reading the first and the second fanfictions of yours I came to like the idea of Envy being fascinated by a mere human girl – Kristen. Thereby, I was quite thrilled to see "Spite" in action – her comeback surely made him brood a lot. At the beginning, it was quite interesting to see how much alike to Liz she was. But after some time, it became the tiniest bit annoying. She even had daggers like Liz! Luckily, Liz did confront Envy about my sorrows and his reassurance that he liked Liz for herself – and just for herself – was completely sweet . I was melting, literally. Also nice to see that you've gave reference to Envy's sin – might be a good idea to make him an expert in jealousy ;)
It is quite an extraordinary idea that you've came up with an idea for changing homunculi back to human-beings … by simply continuing the transmutation circle. There you think it cannot get better and then you think of something like THAT. Seriously. Where do you take those ideas from? They are brilliant!
Yet it occurred me while neither Liz nor one of her clique tries to reverse any of the "evil" homunculi.
I get it while Envy was voting for Maes back then; his motivations surely got vivid. In relation to that it is a marvelous extra that Truth had a proper amount of screen-time in there. He did change everything for the better - isn't that awesome?
Not only did he re-awaken the "old" homunculi but due to him Liz was able to use alchemy without a transmutation circle, getting back her strength by him removing her scar and ultimately defeating Dante. What a showdown! Especially since it involved an attack on behalf of Drachma ... Hui. Nicely done.
Envy, as the self-claimed homunculi leader, however, really had an interesting price to pay. A price that would continue to bring him into conflict with his actions – mainly Hughes. Not only that, but Envy was able to show compassion to one we would have most probably not expected him to – Hohenheim. Envy's research about the new transmutation circle involved his father quite an awful lot and you’ve made it very vividly how much this infected both the Elric brothers as well as Envy himself . Wonderful input :) Especially since they were obviously able to finally close this chapter …
Like I've said: It got comprehensible why Envy was trying to bring Hughes back. But why not the other homunculi as well? Was the hatred against them that big? Fear killed Thomas, after all … and Malice was far from ever being close to Liz' little sweet brother again. Spite would have only caused havoc to Liz and Envy's relationship; and Arrogance and Desire would have also only invoked chaos. Putting it this way, I see your point. But what about Nina? She was way too nice to be true, even as a homunculus …
It was sad, of course, that so many of the characters had to leave so soon – yet, you've managed to handle to problem of "character population" quite well, haven't you?
So as sad as it was; it only proved well for the plot afterwards. Furthermore, I like it that you have distinguished so nicely between the deaths of the good guys and the bad guys. Enough tears and grudges for the first ones to make it sound realistic, enough careless attitudes to let the second one appear justified.
And you really had a lot of characters – and oddly enough, I sympathized with almost everyone!
Even – or rather especially – your OCs. Brandon and Kendra appear to be very sweet and Lucy's just hilarious! The perfect match for sweet not-so-innocent-anymore Al! Speaking of Al: He was really in character. And so were Ed and Winry. It was just obvious that Liz had to play Amor for those two … lucky us!
My most favourite OC scene with the not-alchemists-and-not-homunculi-either's was the birth of baby Thomas. Brandon fading, Envy and Wrath gone into hiding, Liz shaking … and only Lucy and Lust to deal with it. Wonderful!
Apropos Thomas: My, oh, my.
You gave Liz a very detailed background and I appreciate that you've take so much notice of handling her revenge-day's so appropriate. Then again, it was obvious that she wasn't put into the world like that; sure she must have got family and friends somewhere.
Not only is she the niece of Izumi(!) out of all people, but the cousin to Thomas. He seems to be genuinely sweet and I highly approved your regard to the Drachma-incident-textbook-scene regarding his final demise. That was the cherry on top.
Lori's part wasn't as much heroic as Thomas' – not in the slightest. Then again, her character was swaying between compassion and dislike on my part, even though I admired her complexity. Death was probably the best for her.
Before I totally lost myself into rambling and being thrilled I'll switch to my new OTP now: Envy and Liz. I am so glad you've decided to write a spin-off! It's already on my to-read list!
Envy and Liz' relationship was probably one of the most complex ones around. And you've done really impressive by turning former arch-enemies into lovers …
There was not a single moment where this pairing did appear unrealistic. Moreover, they are complementing each other so perfectly! Due to Liz, Envy was finally able to acknowledge his past and his emotions and to show compassion.
And due to Envy, Liz was finally able to let go of her self-blaming.
It was just terribly lovely to see how fierce Envy was when it came to prevent Liz from any danger – and vice versa. Save for the fact that I couldn't stop squealing when they were kissing _
But overall, the greatest proof of love on behalf of Envy was the fact that he wants to get human – for her. You can imagine my fangirling now, can you? That was just the perfect idea to let them stay together forever … and luckily, none of them ever get too cheesy when being around each other. It's more likely for them to be constantly involved in bickering – that's what I probably like best about them.
And you’ve also bring Lust back – as a human that is. And she has even started to date Havoc … Aww :3

To cut a long story short: I love almost everything about this series! Be it Liz' sympathetic character, the titles you've chosen, Dante's portrayal, the authoress' notes involving the talkative characters, the romance or the fact that you didn't make Liz too perfect but "took" her alchemy as Envy stabbed her … I could continue this on and on …

In short: You've got a new fan :)

Hopefully, I will have the time to read from you soon!
Elvira
just saying chapter 37 . 11/7/2014
HUGHES IS BETTER AT BEING A HOMUNCULUS THAN A LIVING BEING
KatieKaboom713 chapter 30 . 9/27/2014
Aaaand I was right. Godammit. *bangs head on table*
KatieKaboom713 chapter 29 . 9/27/2014
I think I know who Regret is. Can I just say...WHAT. IN THE /HEEELLLLL/. IS WRONG. WITH. YOU.
Also I'm freaking loving this series!
mayyyter chapter 20 . 7/8/2014
this is the first time I have seen my name anywhere that doesn't include being Dumbledore's mother, so thanks you
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 2 . 5/3/2014
How Ed and Al survives seeing their teacher again is beyond me but then again this is fanfiction, of course, which makes nearly anything possible!
Mr. E chapter 43 . 4/2/2014
YAY! Hughes is back you're my favoritest person ever !
Psychedelic Daydream chapter 30 . 3/26/2014
I called that...
Psychedelic Daydream chapter 29 . 3/26/2014
... Regret is Hughes isn't he?
Robinfyre chapter 55 . 3/15/2014
Ahhhh. Finishing this series was like eating a really good pie. It was very satisfying, and I'm glad that you spent so much time on it, it turned out amazing! It was like one of those fuzzy movie endings! :3 Thank you for all your hard work, I really appreciated the end result. The plot was actually pretty intriguing, and the climax rocked. Again, thank you!
MeiTenshiDarkAngel chapter 55 . 8/13/2013
Dear god no! It's over!
This story was just so...so...*tears up*
Damnit I'm so sad it's over!
It was such an excellent story! You are amazing!
I'm almost crying now, it's so good.
Also I've gotta say, my favourite bit through the whole series is when Alphonse accidentally called Envy "Brother"
I squeeled so loud my parents in the other side of the house thought someone had broken in.
LizXEnvy is so great! When he "Comforted" her after Nina/Judgement died i yelled out "BOUT DAMN TIME"
Want LizXEnvy babies, they would be the cutest babies of all time.
Also, Lust had red eyes when she turned human, did Envy change back to his original form and keep his Envy mind or does he look like a palm tree still?
I was thinking about this and I suddenly imagined him as the palm tree but with golden eyes. It was a little creepy but then I thought of the Elric brothers being 3 instead of 2 and squeeled again.
lol sorry this is so long, i'm just so excited but also really sad.
Imma go read your other stories now! :D
Thanks for everything!
Yaoi-Beloved chapter 46 . 7/10/2013
Aw, I would have loved to see what Envy's reaction to the 'Baby Madness' would have been xD
Yaoi-Beloved chapter 45 . 7/10/2013
Okay...I am curious...WHO THE HELL IS MALICE?!