Reviews for Have You Ever Seen The Rain
XtremeFalPal chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
Omg please please I beg you pleaseee Continue the story of what happened after the lights went out please! Continue...
Arihimew chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
I love the light moment betweeb these two here! Thanks for sharing this! :)
xRDJ603 chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Hey i really liked this story! you should write more! Really cute!
Burnnoticegirl30157 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
You should continue the story
RomanceDoneWrite chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Love. Truly beautiful.
CrazyKatChan07 chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
...What can one do in the dark? Especially when one of the people involved is an electronics genius? I can feel the up-and-coming tension. But there is a nightlight, at least.

You could lengthen it, give it a little more mental depth, or even the smallest ruffle of a shirt. The little details are normally the most interesting.
ShellyStark chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
OH NOES! no power, what are they going to do? :) can't wait for more!
StarkObsessed chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
i really like this. its perfect pepperony. keep up the good work.
Winteroses chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
AW! This was very sweet:):)
The Smoose chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Ooh are you going to continue this? Please do.

Smoose.
saichick-Anna-Erishkigal chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I loved your story, especially how you made the reader almost flinch along with Pepper every time the thunder struck. I like both how you portray Tony's concern about her well-being, but also love how you point out he's not used to having a close friend who confides deep personal fears to him and isn't sure how to react (and the fact Pepper understands he's doing the best he can to be supportive).

If I were to suggest a way to improve the story, it would be to draw a bit more on all 5 senses as the storm approaches to foreshadow Peppers emotional state and the sharing of this very painful incident from her past. A thunder storm can be a powerful metaphor for something ominous to come.

It's not just the fact that it rains hard, is loud, or that the power goes out, but the build up to the storm itself which makes thunderstorms a force majeur. The air is thick, heavy, and stifling before the storm comes. Then the horizon darkens and an eerie stillness permeates the air. The birds become silent. The sky turns an eerie shade of gray and the leaves momentarily cease rustling on the trees (or in the case of the Stark mansion, the surf momentarily quiets below as the wind dies down and you can clearly hear the waves breaking on the rocks). The scent of ozone fills your nostrils as you hear the distant sound of thunder and the hair stands up on the back of your neck as you feel, not just see, the increase in electrical charge in the atmosphere.

As black clouds roil closer, the wind begins to pick up. Microbursts randomly blow the trees hither-tither in opposing directions (perhaps a good metaphoric lead-in to the way your portray Pepper is feeling?) The sky turns black and it becomes hard to see inside the mansion (perhaps at this point would be when Tony starts to channel-surf?). The thunder doesn't just register in your ears, but you feel it rumbling in your body as the storm draws closer. The surf picks up with the wind below and, on a mansion built right on the water, you would feel (not just hear) the increasingly pounding waves as it vibrates through the rocks below up to the mansion perched on the cliff above.
thatpersonwhoisthatperson chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Awesome start! :D I do hope you update soon, please. (: When I'm imagining Pepperony in my head I always make Pepper scared of thunderstorms, so I'm already loving this! I wonder what'll happen with the power outage? (:

-Person
whenyoucall chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Please continue. This could get fun!
thatsyou chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
MORE! :D
Adgie chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
oooh. do we get more? this was only your first fic you said? you di a wonderful job. I can't wait to you go with this if you decide to continue... even just another chapter.