Reviews for To Kill a King
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
A great story. Very good.
Thristle chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
A very interesting idea, very well executed. I've recently seen two stagings of 'Macbeth' (we had a Shakespearian Festival in the city) and it now came to me that you never see the murder on the stage. What You did was lifting the curtains, showing the audience the whole cruelty and gruesomeness of the act of killing. On the stage we only see the 'before' and 'after'. I really like what You did.
Auntie Barb chapter 1 . 3/12/2002
This narrative helps the reader to understand what the Macbeths may have been feeling during the murder. Although Shakespeare tells us fairly explicitly, how they are later affected by their guilt, he doesn't explain theemotions that enable them to carry through on their plan. This description makes the Macbeth's both more human and more beastly. It also takes some of the blame away from Lady Macbeth. It has always been my impression that Lady Macbeth was the evil woman leading her husband astray, but Macbeth's enjoyment of the murder in this narrative, seems to place the blame more firmly where it belongs. Although Lady Macbeth may have come too late to the realization of what they were doing, she at least did not take part. There may be those who will maintain that she should have stopped the murder if she really felt that it was wrong. By the time she realized it however, stopping her husband would have created such a stir that Macbeth would have been discovered in a compromosing position that would have led to charges of treason.