Reviews for Arrangements Shall Be Made
The Laughing Swordsman chapter 7 . 11/28/2010
Nice little Teaser. Personally, I vote for the Consecraters, Team Gurren, and the Shadows of the Night to appear next chapter.

Also, a couple of questions. First, is Souji Seta anywhere around here? Two, where did Yousuke (P4) go? He's in the recap, and he makes a few comments on the sidelines, but he's not on a team anywhere.
Have a Little Feith chapter 7 . 11/28/2010
Good. Maybe Arisoto should show up in the next chapter.
Patcheresu chapter 7 . 11/28/2010
Excellent work. The epic has been toned down to levels that make sense.
Heraklinios chapter 7 . 11/28/2010
Mmm...

I think the Consecraters need to appear in the next. I wonder what the Doctor will do next. How would Kyon snark about it? Hehehe...do it man. You know you want to...
Aoirann chapter 7 . 11/28/2010
You need to have 'The Stig' somewhere in here.
barkspawn chapter 6 . 11/23/2010
As awesome as this is I would also love to see someone do a story like Shinji40K but replace the 40K with Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan. That would be awesome almost as awesome as this story.
sandbar chapter 6 . 11/20/2010
I had a thougth what about Naraku or Miroku? Or Ketaro Urishima or Yusuke Urameshi. The Toguro Brothers? Tsukune Aono from Rosario Vampire? Happosai Jiraiya Ataru Carrot on a team? Thrall? Tasselhof Burrfoot from Dragonlance. Ryo Ohki? Nuku Nuku? Snape. Ranma, John Sheppard, Daniel Jackson, Thor (SG1) Pen Pen.
dusty chapter 6 . 11/19/2010
I had a thought for more characters Xelloss would be awesome and Charles zi Brittania. After all Shinji's not the only child who hates his father. Lina Inverse could be fun. What about Buggy the Clown or hell Krusty the Clown. Akainu, Garp, or maybe Viral. Nathan Splosion or Willaim Murderface from Metalocalypse. That would be hilarious. Or Kharne the Betrayer 'He's an awesome guy" How about Artemis or Luna from Sailor Moon. What about Garfield or Charley Brown or Snoopey or Snoop Dog. How about John Sheppard from Mass Effect or Urdnot Wrex? How about Chicken Chaser or Sparrow from Fable1-2 respectivly? Altrouge Brunestud from Tsukihime? Or Archer from Fate/Stay Night or Shinji from Fate Stay Night as a Butt Monkey or something. I would love to see a Shinji vs Shinji vs Shinji fight. Shinji Ikari "NGE" vs Shinji Matou "FSN" vs Shinji Hirako "Bleach" winner take all. That could get confusing thought.
sammich chapter 6 . 11/18/2010
For more chapters I would love to see a few Master and Servants from Fate/Stay Night or characters from Tsukihime. Maybe Laxus Natsu and Erza from Fairy Tail. Maybe Kharne from 40K or Voldemort. Hum Louise and her cohort from Familiar of Zero. Maybe Mister Morden from Babylon5 or maybe Galen the Technomage, or putting Londo Mollari and G'Kar on the same team would be fun like Batman and Joker. RepliCarter and one of the BioCylons. Ranma and Ryouga would fit right in, Maybe put Ranma on a team with all girls called The Sisters of Battle. what about Dark Shneider(sp?) What about Elminster or Fizban from Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance respectivly? That is all I can think of off the top of my head that arent OC's or from Fanfiction. I really would love to see Shinji's from Thousand Shinji and Shinji40K fight. That would be epic add in the Ree from Nobody Dies awesome.
colin chapter 5 . 11/18/2010
I am sorry but GOD DAMN even having read this chapter before I still think this is one of the most single AWESOME chapters ever. God I laughed so hard. Just Epic man.
nevear chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Awesome just pure awesome.
The Laughing Swordsman chapter 6 . 11/6/2010
Alright, lets look at your work.

Writing technique: Very good. You're good at "show, don't tell", the dialogue feels natural, and you've got a strong command of third person narration. As for what you could work on...the first thing that comes to mind is juggling all your plotlines. Jumping rapidly from team to team is a good way to keep up the pace and energy of the narrative, but it can get scattered and confusing, the abruptness of your transitions damn disorienting at times. The technical quality of the work and the sheer over-the-top awesomeness is enough to carry the story, but it's pretty for the reader to get lost in the places with the rapid perspective jumps. The biggest way this hurts you is that it's damn hard to keep track of where everybody is, and what they're doing. Chapter six, for example. Gendo and Shinji got in a fight, and the Elric brothers started a bar brawl. However, keeping track of which fight was which, and who was involved in each fight, was damn near impossible. By the time Cthuluhu showed up I had only the vaguest idea of what was going on. The big cause of the confusion is the fact that you're chaning narrator's so often- even when you're going back to the same events, it's hard to tell. My suggestion is to choose three, for, maybe five different characters to act as narrators for a chapter- no more than one or characters per plot thread. Thus, when you change scenes, it's clear to the reader where the story is. You don't have to only use the central narrators- changing the reader's perspective during the scene for dramatic effect is perfectly fine. It's also good if you're doing a single 'throw-away' scene to introduce a new character, or peak in on another team. Just don't overdo it. Also, you don't have to mention all the characters in every chapter.

Also, may I suggest Harry Dresden (from The Dresden Files), a snarky modern day wizard, and Tavi (from Codex Alera), a heroic fantasy protagonist who uses cunning and cleverness to defeat his opponents. Both series are written by Jim Butcher.

Characterization: Done quite well, and considering the sheer volume of characters you've got here that's nothing short of miraculous.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/5/2010
very very nice but is the minato in this the one naoki fears or the one who can be reasoned with
Have a Little Feith chapter 6 . 11/3/2010
You should throw Arisoto in as an Assist Trophy. Y'know, just to screw with the characters. Maybe in a battle with Arisato in it. That'd be hilarious.
Deep Space Cowgirl chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
How did I miss this chapter? ;_; But I did, sorry. So I went back and read it and, well...

You know when something's funny when you don't know who half the characters are and you're *still* laughing hysterically.

Now as good as this was, I do have one nitpic. I wasn't really a fan of the scenes with Asuka reading fanfic. I admit that I skimmed them to get on to the rest of the chapter. It's just really hard to do that sort of thing well. As good as Shinji and Warhammer 40k was... well, if you made this massive crossover work, I'm sure it'll work out well in the end. (And I'm sorry if that sounded annoying, it's just that you said you wanted some constructive critisim, and that was the only thing I could see that I didn't absolutely love. Great job!)
90 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »