Reviews for Let the Ghosts lie Still
YouCan'tSeeWhatIsn'tThere chapter 9 . 3/10/2016
This is addicting in its melancholy. I started reading at the beginning of a rather long train ride and almost missed getting off at the right station because I was so fascinated. Well done, love the portrayal of the characters!
Halastarr chapter 9 . 8/30/2014
Gosh, i guess i always knew that the Wraith would eventually make it to earth & decimate the population, & i liked very much how you gave the survivors a more positive outcome, less crime & such, perhaps that is what it would really take to change our selfish way of life now. A much better prospect than turning into a Mad Max type of apocalypse.
Of course our favourite Wraith Todd would have survived, it's that old 'Friendship' with John that kept him there guarding Atlantis...& he would have know what had happened to them, he always does. Good to know he kept the faith & didn't go with the Earth attack...in Todd we trust. He didnt fare so well physically though, but old age comes to us all, even Wraith.
Now to John the clone...I felt it right from the start his horror of what he was & the struggle that was to follow, he never would have been comfortable knowing he wasn't real. I knew he would not survive this & i'm glad he was given the choice to make his own decision...sad though it was; I've always believed that we as humans should be entitled to have that choice in serious sickness, it's up to each human how they choose, but to have the option is something i am for.
I cried for John a lot during this story, it was sooooo moving, so beautifully written & i am sooooo in awe of your writing it took my breath away.
I also loved that you give us hope with the 'Light', hope in such a sad story...Priceless !

Keep writing, just keep writing...
Best wishes, Hala.
nightwatchman707 chapter 9 . 4/1/2014
That was just ...heartbreaking.

Please write more Atlantis fics. You do it extremely well. *sniffle*
Anais in the afternoon chapter 9 . 6/3/2012
Amazing story, but so, so sad. You actually managed to make me cry, which does not happen a whole lot when reading fanfic. The feeling that it was all for nothing, kind of, though it also kind of wasn't, and poor Todd seeming all...hollowed out, and everything and everyone being gone. :(
ClaMiAl chapter 9 . 5/13/2012
This is a really good story. I like your depiction if a future earth, that you made it different but not too sci-fi-ish. And you did a great job showing John's perspective of this new, different society that he just can't believe is the right place for him. And the ending...that had me in tears. So sad. I have one question, though. Why did Earth's axis change? I just don't get that.
Vivian Street chapter 9 . 4/20/2011
Great fic! You did an excellent job at letting me feel what John was feeling...every time I think of it I can feel the melancholy, the heaviness. Awwww.

I read it all in one sitting.
lizlou57 chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
Wonderful story, really original idea, evocatively written and so so sad! could hardly see the scren for the tears at the end!

Really felt for John, in this place where he felt he so didn't belong.

Poor Todd too - immortality is not always such a wonderful thing!

So glad John got to go back to the light, and be safe and loved and at peace.
sagey chapter 9 . 8/22/2010
just read this story..sad sad and ...have to say I am glad john went back to the others ands was at peace..

thanks and loved todd in this too

hugs
Vi-Violence chapter 9 . 8/18/2010
Why do I keep running into fic's that make me cry tonight?
Domino chapter 9 . 8/13/2010
This was such an amazing fic. Very unexpected, but so original plot idea. Very well written and I believe you show promise of more great works. I have loved everything you've written.

Thank you for writing it!
Silfrvarg chapter 9 . 8/12/2010
That was an amazing story! It actually made me cry, which hasn't happened for a long time. Thankyou!
Ragnelle chapter 7 . 8/12/2010
I really like the feel in this story, and the shifts between John's POV and the reports, creating a mixture of distance and closeness.

I do not remember if I mentioned it, but I have a strong suspicion that they did ascend, or something close to it, and perhaps Daniel takes it better because he has been through it before in a way.

And I really would like to be able to say something more, or be able to describe the feel, the mood, that comes across in your writing, but I can't, other than to say that you create some strange distance that still draw us in. And it is curious, and very well done.
Mel chapter 9 . 8/12/2010
Somehow it is still a sad end. Even through Sheppard is again in "heaven".

It would have been interesting to see an alive clone in that future world. If Atlantis would have revived again, when they would have repaired it and Sheppard would be on it.
shepsgirl72 chapter 9 . 8/11/2010
Well, you succeeded in writing a deathfic where I feel relief that John has gone...probably because it isn't really the end for him. He's back where he feels wanted and he feels he belongs. And I like that John was given the power to end things himself. Death under his own terms seems justified since life was thrust upon him.

I feel sorry for Daniel, though I think he will manage to make a life for himself in this future world. I also feel sorry for Atlantis, because that connection John briefly awakened in her is lost again. But the overall emotion I'm left with is relief for JOhn, which can only be a good thing.

Thanks for a well-written and thought provoking story. :)
Endgame65 chapter 9 . 8/11/2010
Pretty good ending. I will say the that fourth line from the end is a bit cheesy, but good story over all. I'm looking forward to seeing what you write next.