Reviews for After the Storm
That moment when I am like what the FUCK did I just read? But it's really good at the same time... I'm so... I read the first part to this story too... It's really weirdly good... But so... Messed up... I am confused and continuing to chapter two... Thanks...
Lexie4MP chapter 4 . 11/30/2014
Awwww Emily is a mommy now
nooni19 chapter 4 . 1/2/2014
nooni19 chapter 3 . 1/2/2014
Garcia is absolutely hilarious
nooni19 chapter 2 . 1/2/2014
Aw him calling his Mama soo cute
nooni19 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Such a great first chapter
Little-Angry-Kitten chapter 4 . 1/13/2013
For someone that didn't want the baby Emily sure has come a long way! I'm happy that little Addy is going finally home and I love the fact of how suportive the team is to Emily!
Little-Angry-Kitten chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
I see Derek stuck around! That's nice! :) And I wouldn't be thrilled with a doctor over me either! Though it was a nice touch that her mother was happy for the baby! As for the father still an asshole! You can't make a little human and then pretend they don't exist!
Little-Angry-Kitten chapter 2 . 1/13/2013
Someone stayed back! I wonder why! ;) You are setting up the mood for what I hope will be a Demily happy ending! Loved the interaction between them on the second part of the story, I could see that happening if that was the case on the show. Emily seems to be taking her job as a mom pretty well if you ask me, still a little scared but I have a feeling that she will get through it. Also can I get a big fat 'Aww" on the last part? You just melt my heart when I read the scene with Derek and the baby! And let's not start with the ending line, "Hi Mama, I just held the tiniest baby...", you know that feeling you get when you see or read something so cute that's what happened to me with this line!
Little-Angry-Kitten chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Poor Emily, I have no idea what I would do if I was in her shoes! Loved the small team moments though, it's like watching an actuall episode minus the serial killers! Moving on to the next chapter! :)
shad75 chapter 5 . 1/20/2012
Excellent. Shall read this tomorrow.

Btw, regarding the previous chapter, I have never heard of babies eye color changing - probably cos they don't change here. So caucasian babies are who have brown eyes are usually born with blue eyes? I can't fathom my head around the genetics of that. I know that siamese cats are born fully white and then develop their markings due to a gene-environment interaction but I didn't know that worked for eye color too. Must research.
shad75 chapter 4 . 1/20/2012
Absolutely adorable chapter. Really enjoyed all the team scenes in this one. The team shouting 'congratulations' when she walked in through the door with the baby and she telling them it was lucky she wasn't armed! Garcia saying that the caterer set things up super fast when she made his parking tickets disappear (ha ha) and JJ saying she was terrified the first night she brought Henry home thinking she'll screw up. Actually, I can imagine how exactly new mums will feel and I am glad I am not going to be one cos seriously, I get so stressed even if a student in my class is unwell or if my dog is unwell so I think I'll go bananas if my child is unwell and I'll probably be up checking on its breathing and what not.

Btw, I sent you a PM with my facebook details.

In this chapter, super cute how Morgan held the baby and also when he offered to do the nursery for Em and also when Em asked him to stay the night with her.

So today, I had the afternoon/evening free (1st time since school started on the 4th). I usually work extra every afternoon since the money we get from school is just not enough. Anyway, today I had a break and it was lovely cos I decided to do a mini marathon of 'Lauren' and 'It takes a village' of course plus 'proof' and 'dorado falls' which are also absolutely excellent episodes. I love the cooking scene at the end of 'proof' and of course, 'Lauren' was the episode that made me fall in love with the show and I have to watch 'It takes a village' right after cos otherwise, I feel really tense. My dad asked me if I don't know them by heart! LOL!

So what did you think of the new ep? It wasn't one of my favorites for the season although I must watch it again to make an assessment. I did love the Prentiss-Reid scenes and the birthday party at the end.
shad75 chapter 3 . 1/18/2012
Absolutely great chapter.

My favorite line, Garcia saying that she doesn't want to have kids cos she wants to save the BAU extra work in the future in case the child turns out to be a serial killer! Ha, I relate to her I think. Certainly don't want kids of my own.

I find it strange that a counsellor came and visited Em. Is that practice in hospitals there? Here, they will be available but only if you ask. Many people won't cos counselling is not really a very accepted thing to do here. I have a bit of OCD and I think if I lived in England (where I went to uni), I would actually be in a healthy relationship with someone but I never got any counselling here so...

Btw, I wasn't sure what color Garcia's natural hair is cos she gives it so many different colors so nice to know she's a redhead. Is that like Addison in Grey's?

Morgan asking Emily if she was alright 6 times before he left was hilarious!

I really loved the conversation between JJ, Emily and Garcia. Its so nice that they get on well on the show as well as outside it. I think even the NCIS cast get on really well although I don't think they socialize outside work like I have heard the CM cast do (I know all of them probably don't but TG and JM play golf together and in the behind the scenes for Lauren, Paget said that Matthew comes to her house to hang out).

Emily's conversation with her mom was interesting and hilarious. By the way, my dad worked in Oman for 10 years and I went to visit him. We went to Dubai too and stopped over in Bahrain.

Emily's conversation with her ex lover was also very interesting.
shad75 chapter 2 . 1/17/2012
Very nice chapter. Golly, so the guy she was seeing reconciled with his wife! I like the Morgan-Prentiss bonding. Very naturally and well done. I also like the name Adelyn. Never heard it before. Closest I have come is Addison from Grey's. By the way, I didn't like Private Practice. I liked Addison so much that I tried watching it but I just didn't like the other characters at all. Charlotte was alright. Didn't connect to any of the others.

I knew that there were rumors floating around that Patrick and Ellen were thinking of leaving Grey's but I didn't know for sure. Do you know that one of my students met the guy who plays Avery in Italy? Apparently, she and her friends were the only ones who recognized him. He was visiting some site with his wife. Anyway, when asked about the show, he had said that its going to be about Lexie so they had assumed both Meredith and Derek were leaving. Gosh, what would happen if Derek left and Meredith didn't? Would they have him die or something? Really, I won't care much cos like I told you, Grey's is a show I love and I adore the interactions of the characters but I am really not too worried about the characters. BUT, having said that, after watching it for 5 years (yes, alot longer than I've watched NCIS or Criminal Minds), I'll be a tad unhappy if it ended like that! I wish though that all shows were like Grey's and I didn't have to spend time wondering if Paget is going to get a new contract this year or not. In Grey's and Desperate housewives, as much as I like the characters and the plots, I am not worried whether they come back or not.

I am not surprised that X files is your favorite show up to date. The only reason I was not so into it as I am into others nowadays is cos at the time I watched it, I had no access to dvds or internet. I don't even own the dvds now. So I've seen each ep only once. It was very popular here though. Much more than other shows I've mentioned. My favorite show is still Star Trek Voyager. I absolutely loved it and the characters.

I have read and reviewed both Profilers at Play and Fearless. Fearless I remember was about the cockroach. Profilers at play I don't remember very well but I remember there was a scene when Strauss came out of the office and Prentiss and Morgan were playing around and bumped into her. Or maybe it was Prentiss and Reid. I did really like them both though.

Sorry you are sick. Hope you are better now. I admire you for working with 2 year olds. I don't think I'll have the patience. I'll send you a private msg now with my fb details.
shad75 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Excellent chapter. I must say I am not very into babies. The only one I have interacted with is my niece but even then, I didn't interact much when she was a baby. I get on much better with her now. She's 9! I am not even sure I held her very often! When coworkers bring babies to work, I don't tend to go coo around them as others do! But I do love the originality of this story. A mother totally unprepared! Its not every day that one reads something like that. And of course it has Emily and Derek in it (and the rest of the team) and I'll just about be happy to read anything with them. It was hilarious when Hotch asked if he could call the bf! And when the Doctor came and asked which of them was the proud papa and when Morgan charmed the nurse and Garcia said he could probably charm a convent!

I forgot to say when I reviewed the story 'so are you' that I absolutely adored the Emily-Derek conversation at the end in that she kept reassuring him that he didn't fail them and he thought he did cos he let a man with a gun enter their home. But like she said, it can happen to anyone.

Shall read the other chapters of this during the week.