Reviews for Portraits of an Illusionist
the yellow submarine chapter 8 . 5/20/2011
I loved this story so much :) Thank you for writing it.
autumnrhythm30 chapter 3 . 3/10/2011
That last line a homage to 500 Days of Summer? :D I liked this chapter.
autumnrhythm30 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
The ending to this chapter was lovely. :D
Glee Plane chapter 8 . 2/6/2011
This story was so beautiful yet heartbreaking. I definitely enjoyed reading this from start to finish!
aliceparker88 chapter 9 . 1/22/2011
please keep writing. maybe you could get Arthur to save her and they finish the job and she tells him she's pregnant. then Cobb has to do another job and Arthur helps. Ariadne then has to help Arthur and so she does the job. the job goes wrong and in the real world their lives are threatened. Cobb and Arthur have to protect her from the people that are trying to kill her.
Lina Trinch chapter 9 . 1/22/2011
... Oh, wow, I can't believe you actually killed her. That was incredible. And Arthur's reaction to her death. Oh, wow. Wow. Geez, wow.

I love stories like this, but it always breaks my heart to write them. One time, I wrote a fiction for a pairing and the woman died, but I couldn't stand it and, a few chaps later, she was back. XD

I would love another story following this one . And now, I'm off to your profile to see if it's around or not.
teals chapter 9 . 1/12/2011
pls keep going i love this couple
Epic-Azn-Failure chapter 9 . 1/12/2011
I would love to see you continue.
Kats02980416 chapter 7 . 1/12/2011
Wow, to see Arthur display such strong emotions and let it be known. Ariadne makes Arthur out of control and he'll risk everything for the girl he loves and jump in the depths of limbo but what a cliffhanger, pulled away from her from that kick.
Kats02980416 chapter 6 . 1/12/2011
Oh no Ariadne's worries, come into fruition on the job. Ariadne is gonna head to limbo. Poor Arthur, he's in a tragic state because of Ariadne got injured. Cant wait to see what will transpire.
Kats02980416 chapter 5 . 1/12/2011
I love that they finally embraced and acknowledged their strong feelings for another and took a chance at a relationship together. Very secretive, the pointman and architect hiding it from the team. I love the honesty and the communication and the trust and understanding that Ariadne and Arthur have with each other. Their connection is amazing and their chemistry intense. Its like they can be themselves with each other, no masks no pretense, no more secrets, just being real Ariadne and Arthur against the world together.
Kats02980416 chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
You can tell that Ariadne would be afraid of her feelings for Arthur, had peaked from where she had stored them, deep levels of her subconscious. Coming from her background, with her broken parents from their divorce, had affected her to not place a value on love and its existence. After this electrifying second kiss, her feelings that she had buried for Arthur especially after that first inception job, have come rushing back through and this time, she can feel Arthur's intense feelings for her and wanted to run from them, run from him. That was some confrontation in the dream. I can see all the tension just rocking the dream level they were both on from facing each other and the truth.
Kats02980416 chapter 3 . 1/12/2011
Oh very becoming. So caught in the moment the two, huddled so close together sharing Arthur's jacket in a snowstorm. Its like fate really put the two together on purpose and brought them ever so close. At first the tension, seemed to be more on Arthur's end, like he was the one to be nervous around her and to be cautious about his feelings, charading it with his point man facade. But being so near her, he's so elated, peaceful, together which ignited Ariadne's feelings for Arthur too. A second, smoking kiss. What are Ariadne's thoughts on this? Does she think she's dreaming? I could picture the smirk on Arthur's face getting to kiss her. The kiss still lingers on his lips, and you know's he's addicted. He wants more. She's become his addiction, his drive for life. Before, its all about the job and himself, but for her, she's become important to him.
Kats02980416 chapter 2 . 1/12/2011
Ok, his curiosity got the better of him spying on Ariadne and prying in her innermost thoughts. She's got Arthur hooked on her and I dont think she even is aware the affect she has on him. I dont think Arthur has met someone to match his level in the dream business, let alone, connect so well, that challenges his very being, keeping him on his toes or let alone be in absorbed in someone and want to know all about them. There's a part of Arthur thats afraid to let his feelings be known to Ariadne, because maybe of rejection or that its dangerous to be in a relationship because of what happened to Dom and Mal, or scared to truly give himself to someone because in the past, he really never invested in his past relationships because he was not really in love. Thanks to Ariadne, he's found the ability to dream again and see within her dreams. Very sneaky that Arthur.
Kats02980416 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Oh,this story is really fantastic.I love how fascinated Ariadne is with the creation of dreams. Being an architect in dreams,the world is hers to mold even fantasies she cant come to terms to act on them in the real world. It seems behind her dreams of fantasy and imagination, lies the real truth in hand, the hidden subconscious which is Arthur who is smitten with Ariadne completely, but Ariadne, is blinded or in denial to see truth, or that Arthur would have any feelings for her, since they work together and him being point man, the all together perfectionist. This is good. cant wait to see what will happen.