Reviews for Pride Goes Before the Apprentice
mille libri chapter 3 . 2/8/2011
Very nicely done! I really like the insight into a young Wynne, and her characterization is completely believable.
mutive chapter 3 . 12/3/2010
Oooh, what a sad ending. Poor Wynne. We know all of this from the game, but you really do bring it to life and make the tragedy just that much more compelling.
mutive chapter 2 . 12/3/2010
Oooh, I rather like seeing the bossy, impatient Wynne. You can definitely see why Aneirin was a bit flustered, poor guy.
Prisoner 24601 chapter 3 . 8/24/2010
oooh I love the subject of this fic. Wynne is such an interesting character and the mistakes she made with her first apprentice makes for such great story material. It's excellent to see this part of Dragon Age explored, since we almost never get to see stories about Wynne and Irving's past.
Windchime68 chapter 3 . 7/30/2010
A lovely story. Wynne learned a lesson from Aneirin after all, although one assumes that wasn't quite what Irving had in mind! Very nicely done.
soucyq chapter 3 . 7/29/2010
I teared up towards then end. Well done.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 3 . 7/29/2010
That was a very nice little vignette of life in the Tower. Very enjoyable. And Wynne learned a slew of important lessons from it!
USAF713 chapter 3 . 7/29/2010
Oo, that Knight Commander is an ass, lol. But I liked how Irving was, as well as Wynne. Good story, Pic, and, poor Anerin :(.
Ladyamesindy chapter 3 . 7/29/2010
SUCH a wonderful story! Well, well done, my friend! And now we know Wynne so much better than before - a complete understanding of the woman, if you will! D I've always liked her!

[snort] De-hadification indeed! D
soucyq chapter 2 . 7/28/2010
Well done! I am enjoying this story about Wynne. I look forward to more.
Windchime68 chapter 2 . 7/28/2010
Lovely character interaction here. I feel sorry for Wynne and Aneirin both, and also feel like shaking them both as well. :) Keep up the good work!
Ladyamesindy chapter 2 . 7/28/2010
Ahhhhh ... the trials and tribulations of being a teacher ... I remember all too well! I like how you portrayed Wynne here ... first, suddenly remembering to remind Aneirin to get himself food as well, then digging out information from him and then (unfortunately) the confrontation. I don't think any teacher has not gone through something like this at some sort of level. I know I did when I first started! Well done, my friend, well done!
USAF713 chapter 2 . 7/28/2010
Alright, for the record and anyone who reads the reviews, you can disregard my negativity with the last one. I thought this was a one-shot, lol. Once again, sorry Pic.

Anyway, I do like this, it's a great background fic and I think it's interesting to find a little bit more about a rather enigmatic character we don't learn a ton about. I love the portayal of Wynne, and am waiting for the third chapter :). Good job, Pic.
bioncafemme chapter 2 . 7/28/2010
Aww, poor Aneirin.(
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 2 . 7/28/2010
Great chapter! I love the idea of a greenhouse attached to the tower. It would be the only green in the mages' lives. No wonder Aneirin wanted to be there. And your young Wynne is so good: so very "I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much. Why can't everyone be like me?"