Reviews for A Heartbeat
jme77 chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
The simple but complex intimacy of Erik holding Christine's hands against both their hearts is the most perfect imagery of their relationship, of two truly musical souls. Erik is right in knowing that they're bound together permanently and it's hard to believe the Vicomte could tear them both apart.
emeraldphan chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
This is such a well written, intelligent piece and I loved Erik's perspectives on music, the importance of silence and the creepy effect of his music. There is so much chemistry between the two of them here and the way you have written Erik's attempts to suppress his strong emotions is just brilliant. You have not just captured Erik's sensuality but Christine's innocence and the vast contrast between them. And yet, as Erik admits, they are somehow fated to be together, united by their music.
Mini Nicka chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Excellent
Samonia chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Awww this is bittersweet. All your work is phenominal and tasteful, I have not read one story of yours that I didn't find beautiful and captivating. You are truley an artist.
Anyways, this story is sad because it's what he couldn't have but maybe could have. It illustrates Christine's innocence and pure devotion for her teacher. It's something you dont see done right in a lot of phics. It shows Erik's desire but his love as well, his adoration for her. In his eyes, she's perfection in an ugly world, the one shining beacon in a black abyss.
I'm always satisfied reading your stories, thank you for writing them and being extrodinary at it.
Sarah Crawford chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Sweet, sad little AU interlude. I’ve wanted to read this ever since I read “A Lesson in Desire” a few days ago. You write Erik’s POV very well. I love the first paragraph where he talks about watching Christine and her being the other half of his soul. Erik’s musings on music and heartbeat are also touching. Really, the whole story is well written, with a lovely, bittersweet ending. This story doesn’t seem to fit into the timeline of either the book or the musical, since it is set after the unmasking but before Christine meets Raoul. But I can forgive that; AU can mess with time sequence and still be good.
Scarlett Raine chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
I absolutely adore this fic! The sensuousness can be felt, and your portrayal of Erik and Christine is amazing! Just wow. Everything about this is just fabulous.
Alouette chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
This was beautiful. This was a very realistic portrayal of what Erik must have felt when Christine first asked about his magnum opus. Marvelous writing!
Sakura Neko 13 chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I believe you actually referenced this story in one of your others... anyway, I wanted to let you know that this is... well, I don't even really know how to say it. Beautiful seems to be an understatement. It's undoubtably my favorite so far, I simple love how he explains the origins of music.
AngelxPhoenix chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Oh my goodness...oh wow...

I can't even put into words what I'm thinking right now! That was just pure poetry, and that ending almost broke my heart! Though it is strange I should choose to read this particular story today... ;) Beautiful, beautiful work!
pendras cornielius chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
my only comment for this is DAMN. when i can fully regain my ability to string words together, i will PM you. for now i give you the satisfaction that as of this moment my jaw in on the floor and it will be a while until it returns to its proper place.

-Pendras C.
wwwwwwwwwWwwwwww chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Regardless of the number of times I read your work I remain stunned by your talent. One of your most strikingly beautiful pieces I think. Amazing

As always x
xredthreadsx chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
again, you bring me to tears (in the best way) with your fics.

the bit at the end made me damn near wail out loud irl. XD

so of course, BRAVO and i look forward to your upcoming workk3
ACE Albert chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
So touching - and so true about the essence and power of music. It was both accurate and brilliant how you portrayed music as the central piece of the eternal bond linking Erik and Christine. A gorgeous, if tragic, masterpiece. Thankfully, I can follow in SKIDDY's footsteps and pretend one of your other magnificent works is the sequel to this. ;) Brava again and thanks for sharing this!
Caramelchan chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Lovely, as always. x
Mominator124 chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Oh, so sad. Darn that Raoul de Chagny!

;D

You've done a great job of portraying Erik's emotions, and I was quite amused by Christine's reaction to his music.

This one's definitely a keeper, even if it DOESN'T turn out the way we E/C shippers would like. ;D

Barb