Reviews for The Great Awakening
chineseneon chapter 46 . 9/24/2014
Your propensity for character-centered drama should have taken center stage here. You'd have a shorter, better tale to tell.

I liked everything with Aphrodite. From being an emotional foil to Athena, to being a terrible mother for the goddess of love, to being a pathetic wreck, to being a hugely entertaining deus (dea?) ex machina, she was probably your most entertaining portrayal. I also liked Athena's, as well as Zeus'. I also liked that I hated every single one of them.

The dynamic they had was rich, baked fine. Even considering that you had a whole millennia-old mythology at your disposal.

Your story is problematic, though. Writers have to be able to understand when suspension of disbelief isn't going to work anymore. When the massacre began, I was appalled. It was simply not working. The 4,000,000,000 dead, other gods being called "false" by other gods that make a lot less sense than them, the writing, the very concept, the 4,000,000,000 dead - it left a very bad impression.

The way you handled the story was inconsistent, like actual Greek mythology. Thing is, that's because it was composed by different writers spread out through the centuries.

The writing can sometimes work for the story, sometimes not. You also made the surprising deviation of having a comical climax - was it supposed to be funny? Or was it just so awesome I couldn't help but laugh? Maybe both? Whatever - bad or fantastic on your part, I loved it.

The end was kinda disappointing. It seems a little cliche. I like how you left Olympus, but the mortal world was really a problem, especially with suspension of disbelief flagging. I get that you're trying to put us in the position of the Olympians, but it seems a little much, considering that, as another reviewer pointed out, we can barely relate to these people.

I liked some of your story, but disliked some of it as well. For me, it just didn't work as well as your simpler ventures - even in the story.
Halcyon2Days chapter 46 . 8/29/2013
This deserves far more reviews then it has.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
MissBlueSunglasses chapter 46 . 2/24/2013
I started this story last night and could not stop reading it. You wrote the gods and goddesses so well. I could actually imagine them in front of me arguing, in battle, joking, etc. I will not forget this story. It was really great. You did an amazing job.

PS- I love Zeus/Hera, Hades/Persephone, and Aphrodite/Hephaestus stories. Do you think you coukd write some one shots for me? Please? Thank you.
Hermes Salazar Snape chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Your idea of the Gods in hibernation was ... chilling. It almost seems true!

You have given a character to each and every Olympian and you have done it perfectly! Not one line seemed out of character.
LOVED ur story!
Fallen Maiar of cookies chapter 46 . 3/23/2012
If you ever write a sequel, post it, please make one, please!
ummiuno011 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
yes,the question we ALL (ok,just me) want to know *derp face*

! #$%&*~Kay Em Zee
segrccgg chapter 46 . 1/26/2012
Finished the story. It has been a wonderful ride! Thanks so much for sharing, it was a real treat!
segrccgg chapter 29 . 1/25/2012
I love your characterisation of Hestia, she has so often been overlooked and you have brought her to life...

And... err, you got me crying with Hera here :')
segrccgg chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
I am really enjoying this story thus far. Zeus and Hera are tearing my heart apart. Very touching and wonderfully written
GreekGodsRule chapter 46 . 1/8/2012
Aww... brilliant ending
Menolly chapter 46 . 1/2/2012
O.O If you publish this, I will definitely buy it! I love the way you finished this. It ties into the title very fluidly. Lovely work! I can't wait to see what you do with this. ~_*
Lalala chapter 45 . 12/6/2011
Yeah! This is such an awesome story! Your an amazing writer!
Lady Greenbrier chapter 44 . 11/28/2011
You're very talented. To try to write in the language that they would have used in ancient Greece (to clarify, I don't mean Greek itself - I mean the way they would have spoken had they spoken English) is very difficult, but as your story uses the same characters, but in the modern day, you completely bypassed that hurdle. Your descriptions and characterizations are excellent as well. I particularly admire how you write the battle scenes. That is a weakness of mine and your ability to write it SO well increases my admiration.

However, to all this good, I must note one downside: grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors. Nothing that is unfit able without a beta, but, as you are so far in the story, you may not wish to get a beta now. I would enjoy looking over it however, so you can message me should you become interested.

I do hope you haven't stopped writing. I am fairly sure I shall explode if you do not finish this story. Therefore, I beg you - continuer, s'il vous plaƮt!
GreekGodsRule chapter 44 . 11/6/2011