Reviews for She Could Do Better
Awesome story
krotoxo chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Awwww :)) great job
Midnight' Dragon Conqueror chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I vote for Astrid to have Hiccup! Anyone else?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
good story
zoe alice chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
I love this so much. I'm not sure why exactly, just kind of ALL of it.
Opaul chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
adorable, I can see it going down that way.

Wonderful cute litte oneshot -faves-
keep-me-posted chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Another amazing story by you! Loved it. I love stories that are, in a sense, in Ruffnut's point of view, because she is extremely fascinating to read, just as much as she is to write, lol.

I love the idea of Ruffnut and Astrid both liking the same boy [As they said, Hiccup of all people :P] and actually being civilized about it. I mean, they ARE vikings, after all; so you might have expected a cat fight to break out between them. But no, they're better than that. And I loved that.

I adored Ruffnut bumping into Astrid after her flight with Hiccup. And I like that you can actually see that fitting into the storyline somehow. No lines had to be skipped or replaced. It could just fit in there perfectly.

And finally, the icing on the cake; the ending. Ruffnut stepping aside and actually letting Astrid go for it with Hiccup. It's gold. This story is amazing! Keep up the great work! :]

Also, I always forget to add my favorite line until the last minute, lol: "I like Hiccup because he'll be a great dragon killer and he's not horrible to look at." "Dragon killer." Now it was Astrid's turn to laugh uncontrollably while Ruffnut stared on in amazement. :P
Hopelessly Unromantic chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
[He was future husband material for sure.] Agreed.

LOVE IT![:
The Mad shoe1 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I really liked this fic, you made the female Viking the way they shoould be, tough and hardcore but still had a small shred of feminenity in them.

There are sadly so many authors that always turn kickass females into weeping drama damsels, it's like they belive all a woman is good for is to cry and being protected by a big hairy man, i am so glad to see that you are not one of them.
Backroads chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Y'know, I've always tried to pinpoint the girls' relationship. I mean, they seem very comfortable with each other: Astrid putting her hand on Ruff's mouth to quiet her during dragon training, grabbing and dragging Ruff by the braid with Ruff looking "I totally expected her to do that." And I imagine there would have to be some girls-stick-together thing here, but like you put it Ruff seemed so close with her brother and Astrid is just there to win it. So this was an interesting look at the dynamic as well as the whole little "crush" thing Ruff had on Hiccup. Nice getting into their heads.
QuixoticQuest chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Long awaited conversation indeed. Ha, ha. That was great. No, seriously, I loved this fic.

I think you timed it really well and the summary leading into the conversation was just the right amount of information and I think you captured the actual reactions of what Ruff and Astrid would actually say to one another if they had had this conversation in the film.

I like the bit about the girls having it harder and then that both Ruff and Astrid never actually thought about it. I think you tapped into a new part of both their characters. I think you should do more shots like this. I'd read them for one reason. ) That and you really got to the core of the mentalities of both girls leading up to the battle with the Green Death.

This fic feels like a missing moment between the battle in th ring and the battle with the Green Death.

Awesome work!

Best,

-Don "QuixoticQuest" _
Calico chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
That was sweet. I like giddy post-kiss Astrid. Poor Ruff though. She was a good sport :)