Reviews for John and Delenn in Raising David
Arose Anna chapter 6 . 9/9/2014
That was really funny. In fact, I have never laughed so much at a fanfic,
RosyK chapter 6 . 2/9/2012
This was interesting & good.
NHPW chapter 6 . 10/17/2010
A good ending - though maybe a bit rushed. The emotion is there, but it's kind of jolting - "You should not be having sex in my house!... Also, I'm about to die." But then maybe that's what you were going for, because that's probably the shock that David would have felt. A great story overall. Thanks for sharing.
Nyt Yanse chapter 6 . 10/17/2010
I am sad that there will be no more Raising David :( But at least it goes out on a powerful ending. It feels somehow appropraite that, one of the last times they see each other is when David is performing what you might call the 'act of life'. Change and transition, etc. A poignant read.
Nyt Yanse chapter 5 . 9/9/2010
This is a wonderful chapter- I like that David's accident saves him from Londo's manipulated machinations later. Though I'm not sure if canon Delenn would react that way to David becoming a Ranger- she'd probablty be more fatalistic, but it certainly made for interesting and realistic reading. And David's reactions to the thought of his parents having sex was hilarious!
dlmullan chapter 5 . 9/8/2010
Well done, I could see these conversations happening. Good characterization.
Danielle chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
This is really good. I laughed out loud at Chapter 3, and then you confidently and smoothly shifted the mood to very moving in Chapter 4. Characterisations are very in-keeping with the series for John & Delenn and, of course, David is something of a blank slate, for whom you have captured an engaging mischieveousness. I look forward to reading further chapters.
Nyt Yanse chapter 4 . 8/20/2010
I cried at the last bit, very realistic...

Templebook?
NHPW chapter 4 . 8/20/2010
All through Part 1, I was thinking, "You know, maybe this isn't the conversation I think they're having. Maybe they're discussing when is the right time to have the birds-and-bees discussion." But I knew deep down it wasn't, and that's what made this so sad :( The if/when/how of telling David the truth can be spun any number of ways, but I don't think any of them are without pain, and you do a good job of capturing that emotion here.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 2 . 8/4/2010
Lovely.
NHPW chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
This is good so far; it captures some moments that are very real for some parents and gives another dimension to the characters of John and Delenn. I especially like the general lack of "puppies and rainbows" storyline; there were things about parenting that sucked for them, and they're not perfect. I'll be curious to see what else we get to see as David grows, whether or not his relationship with his father in particular will take a more serious turn as he ages due to the approaching 20-year mark, and whether or not you address the issue of the Keeper as a teen.

I must admit I had a hard time picturing John Sheridan talking dirty. Then I remembered this YouTube video I've seen of several members of the cast at a convention, and one topic of conversation was the vast amount of sexual harrassment that went on on the set and something about Bruce claiming to have an enormous you-know-what, and then I LOL'd, and it made it easier to see that scene in my mind. I still don't know if I could picture those words coming out of *the character John Sheridan's* mouth, but they have the same face, so it's all good.
Nyt Yanse chapter 2 . 8/1/2010
Oh my god... That was horrible (In the funny way). I can't believe you could write that bit with David coming in, I could barely read it I was so mortified on their behalf! ;P The bits around it were not only readable but very sweet and funny! Overall I love it, but that bit on the 'infamous' couch was PAINFUL ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2010