Reviews for Lies of Reflected Glass
ZeldaRubix chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This is just...I can't even begin to tell you how wonderfully written this tale is. It is so beautiful, and so tragic. It's one of the best I've ever read. Why don't your stories have more reviews? This is just criminal that more people don't relish your sheer talent. Keep writing, I am a fan.
Gloria chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I can't believe in all this time I've never read this story... it was amazing. Well done.
Insane. Certifiably chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
gorgeous. One of the best Zelda one-shots I've read. You depicted everything so beautifully. It felt fractured, but that flowed with the feel of the story very well. Amazingly done.
hhiihhii8 chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Was just checking through my old bookmarks when I stumbled on to this old favorite. I noticed that absolutely no one has review it yet; what a travesty!

I really loved this piece. Seriously, it's in the running for the best one-shot that I've ever read. The way you draw the parallels between post-OOT!Link and Greek mythology fits so well and just gives the story a little more 'oomph' than it would have had otherwise.

The way the story is structured makes it feel disjointed (but in a good way), so it's as if the reader is quickly viewing snippets of the characters, heightening the effect each one of the passages. I especially liked how you made use of the bits in the parentheses; they each added something poignant and powerful to the sentence they were in.

You seem to have a talent for imagery and symbolism that I haven't seen in many pieces of fiction. Tying Link's blue eyes into his loss of innocence was masterfully done. His

In particular, there are two passages that stand out for me:

The first is when Link uses his ocarina and he "expected it to rain." It really showcased how bitter and resigned Link was and that was when I thought "Yep, this is exactly how I think Link would act after being sent back in time." It just... summed up everything that could be going through his mind at that moment.

The second was the final section. Everything about it just came alive, from Elysium when I read it. It seemed a very suitable way for Link's departure from the last part of his childhood and to actually end the story.

All in all, very good stuff.

Sorry for not reviewing sooner!