Reviews for Alcohol Stained Dreams
FlubberyFlobberworms chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Nooooooo! How could you, Alice, HOW?

But you made it seem very realistic. I especially loved this line:

"Because morals aside, this is James Potter, and drunk or not, this may be her one chance – the one chance to make James see that Lily is not the only girl in all of Hogwarts." and your last sentence :)
TheDarkSideDoesItBetter chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Hello,

I was so excited when i heard that you love Alice/James pairings because i do too!

But there aren't many of them..

and all i want is a james/alice story that ISNT a one-shot

do you agree? anyway ur story is really good and ur great at writing!

From,

Alice Hayes
meib chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Loved it! James/Alice is such a lovely pairing, I wish there were more fics of these two.
sheriff stilinski chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Awww, I love Alice/James. Such a great pairing for angst! :)
icedintheveins chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
That was slightly confusing, but I REALLY loved it. Amazing.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Ah, this was lovely! Alice's reactions seemed realistic and were explained subtly enough that they made sense, without the explanations being too obvious. I particularly liked the lines "Because she's imagined this moment before, – what girl hasn't? – but the scent of him now is a stark contrast to the one that she's imagined." "The alcohol fills her nose, her mind, and she would swear that she's drowning in it." The last paragraph was also lovely, and it seems realistic that she would hope that she might somehow make James see there are girls besides Lily in Hogwarts, but that James wouldn't be changed. Overall, good one-shot!
SoUsay234 chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
WOW. Simply, wow... seriously this story is amazing. The title, and the sentence you end it with and how you wrote every girl wished, dreamed that - it's amazing. Seriously, I'm speechless 0.o
Phoebe Caulfield 16 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Wow, this was great! I wasn't sure about a pairing of these two, but the way you wrote it made it seem very realistic and I found it really well written as well. Brilliant job!
ACCT REMOVED chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
So Alice is one of my fav. characters and James one of my least favorite and yet, I really loved this story. there was just something about it, I think it was the pairing or maybe your writing. Well it was good and I enjoyed it :)
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
That was very well written, and I felt sorry for Alice more than I did James. You showed Alice's feelings for him in a believable light, and I loved your characterisation of her. It was very telling that James couldn't forget Lily, and that she was willing to ignore that fact demonstrated perfectly the depth of her longing. They were more than characters - they were people who behaved like human beings. Great job!
in sync chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I loved this!

The way that Alice knew it was wrong, but than goes to do it anyway in her own selfishness was fantastic.

You make me want to read more Alice/James stories. ;)

~Mystii
PenonPaperFingersonKeys chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
*SQUEALS* Alice/James is my favourite couple - putting it out there. I think they're amazing, and it is just a perfect example of humanities flaws. So, I overall love Alice/James. They make me feel sad and I love writing them.

I thought that everybody else wrote Alice/James for challenges but I find this and am pleasantly shocked. Yay!

I thought this was amazing - at first she turns away thinking that she can't do this. Then she gives into her own desires (selfishness) and she knows that James is just using her because of Lily's rejection. I love Alice for this way (in fics such as these) because she gives her whole life - and probably cheats on Frank - because she's in love with James. A/J also shows that James wasn't perfect in seventh year as many authors place him to be. He's human and makes mistakes!

*Sighs* So, can you tell I love A/J and your story?
Capstar chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I would have never have thought to read this pairing before but I'm glad I did! It was wonderful and everything was in character and I've never really had the obvious thought that they were really just normaly teenagers - but then again, I can be slow at times - but this sort of just made me think of it like that :)

Over all it was a wonderful little fic :)
Muffled Chimes chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
All I have to say about this is WOW. I've always loved the idea of Alice/James, and this was just... perfect. I love the voice you had for James - it was spot on, and he was very in-character. As was Lily, although she wasn't directly in the fic, of course. Alice was great, especially with her trying to resist~ If I could give a more in depth review, I would, but as it's nearly 3:30 am, I think at the moment my gibbering fangirl has been switched into the 'on' position. Great job! :)