Reviews for Genesis
C.S.Y. Shadows chapter 1 . 2/3
This is... beautiful. (Darkly beautiful? Beautifully Dark? ...Both?) It's perfect.
LadyCapuccino chapter 1 . 1/17
This was fantastic.
tiara324542 chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Wow, just.. wow.
That was so amazingly well-written. You should get a standing ovation for that!
It kinda had a very soft feeling, as if you could feel the atmosphere between his mother and him. I love his relationship between him and his mom, and I love how you wrote out his mother's personality. She knew what was best for the both of them, and became strong so he could be too. SO ADMIRABLE /cries
The last line is also the most amazing part. Who would have thought he would get his name like that?
"Reborn." He says as the man turns the engine. "I am Reborn." He really is.
Thank you for making my day and writing such an awesome past of Reborn's :D 3!
Lotus1st chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Congratulations.
Your story just made the list of stories that made me cry.
Reborn...
This is a dark story. But it fits Reborn perfectly.
midorchi chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Well written. I love how you describe the mother's hair and how it just screams 'Reborn' in a suttle way. Reborn falling on his ass the first time he shoots makes him all the more human. I like that. It also makes go down memory lane I first shot with a gun for the first time. Heavy and scary as hell. But I actually find it pretty calming since it allows a person to focus solely one one point and then all the tension gets released in a single loud bang. But that's just my take on it. And I only used a tree for target practice. XD

And I love how that last line just tied it all together. Reborn for reborned so to speak.

I really love this fic. Good job! :-)
TsukiRiver chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
That was incredible, it was well written and it portrayed everyone's favorite tutor perfectly.
Greece chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I am glad that stories like this one exist. It was well-written, mature and elegant in its cruelty. It takes Reborn's teaching methods and explains them and it takes his own cruelty (because he IS cruel) and gives reasons for it. Last, but not least, it takes his name and makes it a symbol.

Good job.
Varia no Shizue chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
This is amazing. It definitely could have happened this way.
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
That is pretty damn tragic. Though now it's so understandable where his name comes from... Great work.
animepie chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
This is a powerful piece illustrating Reborn's past. It's beautifully dark but within it is a love between a son and his mother. I love how his mother taught him how to fire a gun and the harsh yet loving way in which she does so. I suppose that's how Reborn got his tutoring style, no? I enjoy your writing. It feels real, the characters feel real, it's not always a pretty world that you're describing but it's beautiful how there are still flickers of light amidst the sadness. What a bittersweet ending.
9E-tan chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Amazing. I don't understand, where's the love for this oneshot?

You just took my breath away; imagine, Reborn being such a dark character. His past makes so much sense; it wouldn't be surprising if this was Reborn's past. In the manga, that is.

You've integrated facts into fiction very well; great job on that. I hope you'll write something else that will reflect upon the character's unknown pasts as well. :D
midnight.wolf62 chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
I'm speechless.
fiendies chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
I find that this was really well written.

Reborn is perhaps my favorite character in this series and I'm quite in love with this portrayal of his past. I love how it was his mother who taught him to fire a gun and how authentic the relationship between Reborn and his mother seemed, especially when she whacks him upside the head for his foul language. I smiled at that despite myself.

I have to say I liked the ending best, it was both open and closed at the same time, if you get what I mean (no? Okay).

Over all a beautiful piece. Nice job. :)
kimikoshine chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
WOW this was amazing. You could clearly see this happening in the original manga. Wonderful story.
puretsubasa chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
OMG! This story is amazing! The perfect back story to Reborn's start in the mafia world. I can see this happening.

The way his mother taught him would explain why he teaches Tsuna in such a hands on method. And after reading this story, the name "Reborn" make more sense. It symbolizes so much in regards to what made (forced) Reborn into a hitman.

Ah! I love it! Great job!