Reviews for Immortal, Not by Choice
roseflorintine chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
so sad... have u ever thought about creating a fanfic where it's kelsier's point of view throughout the whole book?
Krypticmessage chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
This is really good! I wish more people would write Mistborn fanfictions! (Hint, hint) :)

I loved this story; I think it really captured the spirit of the character.

-Kryptic
sliz225 chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
poor tensoon. he always was my favorite. i love this little insight into his life!
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I like this backstory for TenSoon. Nice work. :)
Chocochino11 chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
great story!... sad and violent, but great D
Flamefeather Pen chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Whoa. This is vivid stuff. The one thing that bugs me is that a Kandra would never take this kind of abuse. They may be servants, but they're not slaves. It's a professional arrangement.

It may undermine the story, but this bugged me a lot.

Also, there doesn't seem to be much plot, just makes you feel sorry for TenSoon. Poor guy.
UKSpiritStormDragon chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Intresting concept, reading it over a few times so I could understand it. Just a few things, like it was said before, Zane had put TenSoon on OreSeur after the whole event in the first book. Another was that TenSoon was well aware of who OreSeur was since he was a fellow third. The last thing was even though it doesn't matter that much but Kendra are unable to kill any human regardless. I think that followed the first contract. Anyway it made a good sense of how things were for the Kendra, it actually surprises me TenSoon had never been told to try a wolfhound body before Vin. Also maybe one typo but in the end good writing. It also helps people understand how TenSoon was the fastest kendra to switch bodies, if he had to get used to his treatment.
Tomoyo Kinomoto chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
This is an interesting idea, but it's a little short. Try giving more than one example of a bad master before he finally sets on the paths towards happiness.

Nice job!
sylvie-morose chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
This is a very well-written story compared to others that I've seen. Aside from a few typos ('what ever' should be one word, and it should be 'Everyone' instead of 'Ever one', but those are the only two I noticed) the spelling and grammar are a delight.

Then again I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, so of course I would notice that.

As for story, it doesn't seem like one you'd continue on. It's a great one shot, though... I've never thought of masters who would abuse the kandra, but I suppose it could happen, the way you see it. I guess what I'm wondering is, why would a person who's so afraid of the kandra hire one in the first place?

But then I think of Zane and Straff Venture, and it all makes a bit more sense.

Also. TenSoon replaced OreSeur AFTER Kelsier's death, but I get how confusing the whole timeline thing can get.

Overall, you made me ponder something I never thought of before, and for that, I congratulate you. :)
Dawnstar08 chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Hey, look! I can review my own story!

I had a lot of fun writing this one-shot. I had a great time describing how TenSoon got beat up. Poor TenSoon... I have to say, I think he's one of my favorite characters in the entire series.