Reviews for Crawl from the Chasm
narellew68 chapter 1 . 2/21
Amazing ... wonderful ... beautiful ... touching!
You did them proud, so thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
I know you haven't posted in a long time, AkamaiMom, but seriously, this story is one of the BEST S/J fics I've read. Anytime you want to write a sequel where Jack doesn't let Sam drive off... I've read this story several times and each time I notice something new. This time it was how the dew drops are almost a separate character, silently mirroring the feelings of Sam and Jack. You are such a talented writer! I will be thrilled if you post anything new.
DDSG-1Fan chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Every time I read this story, I want to tell you how much I love it! Angst and ship perfectly executed. I can see the wet grass, hear the jogger and her dog, see the moonlight glinting... You are so talented with your writing and you capture Sam and Jack perfectly. I always wanted a sequel to this one. Do you think you could write a sequel sometime soon? :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Must have sequel! AkamaiMom, you rule with this story! The characters are spot on. The dialogue is perfect. The imagery brings the reader right in to the setting. I can hear the jogger jingling and feel the wetness from the dewdrops. Can't you have a sequel (or a second chapter?) wherein Sam doesn't drive off but instead turns around and goes back to Jack? Or where Jack doesn't let her drive off after all? I just love your stories and this one is so well written. Thanks for writing!
sci-figirly chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Whoa... I agree with everything DeltaLutra said. Definitely had to remember to breathe a couple times. Fantastic!
DeltaLutra chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
This absolutely took my breath away. The tension was incredibly tangible the whole way through. You used some very clever dialogue, that really rang true to the characters, and the whole thing was just a delight to read :)
majorsal chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
oh... so, so beautiful and poetic!

sequel!

bring them together!

*shippy sighs*

thank you and well done! ;)
SaraBahama chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
That. was. awesome!

Thanks Aka! Oh the overwhelming angstyness! Twisted my heart...but the resolution was sweet. Carry on.
Zeki Young chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
There are a lot of post-Abyss pieces out there. This is probably hands-down the most honest to the characters I've come across so far. While I've enjoyed other fics that have had them find more physical comfort with one another, your portrayal of possible events to my mind feels real. The dialogue is right on, and as always with these two, so much is said in a hug.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece of writing!
taichi9 chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I love this story, it's so perfectly them. I'm sitting in my office getting teary eyed. I can actually picture them on his front step awkward in only the Jack/Sam way that they can be. Just deliciously angsty and perfect. Please write more!
DDSG1Fan chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Really enjoyed your story! Well-written and great characterizations.
Hockey17 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Oh so angsty bit oh so good
musical-aven chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Hi! Love your angst fanfictions! You should write more of those hehe ;)
LaraSGCLena chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Wow, really loved this one. Just because you have this ability to make them both human within their faults and their oddness towards each other. I loved the last part where they're "running" from the intimacy. Funny thing, happened to me a couple of weeks ago...I'm dating him now - it's complicated but it really made me smile reading this story :) Thanks!
Moosepath01 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
You did this very well. Angst can be hard to write, and sometimes hard to read. Some stretch it too far and the story borders on ridiculous. But this felt right. Both characters are hurting and in that state inadvertently hurt the other. Thank goodness for the the two passersby that forced our couple to "count to 10" before they lost the situation.

Your descriptions made me feel I was there, feet wet in the grass, hearing the padding of the overweight lab. Well done!