Reviews for Mobile Fighter Evangelion
deathelk chapter 32 . 6/15
this has got to be one of the best fanfictions I've ever read, in almost every way possible. the progression is beautiful. I laughed. I cried. I loved with each of the characters. your wonderful interpretation of each of the characters of Evangelion, along with your introduction of original characters, is truly magnificent. character development happened so seamlessly, so flawlessly. your versions of Gendo and Asuka are so...pure, in a way, and I wish the two had been portrayed in the actual anime like they are here. I must also say that your interpretation of the Angels was absolutely magnificent. their speech patterns and interactions borne from the true genius that is your mind is something I don't think I'll ever find in another story. there's so much more that I want to say, but I'm not sure that I can really put my love for this story into words. thank you for writing this.
Duriel chapter 7 . 6/15
Normally I’m not a fan of not total douche bag Gendo, but you managed to play him as my favorite kind of evil. He knowns how bad he is, he hates how bad he is, he accepts how bad he is and get on with it.
Greensword101 chapter 1 . 5/2
Loved how you set up the story, made it feel episodic.

I completely missed the Hologram of Gendo the first time reading through it. Now I think it is hilarious. Along with almost everything else Gendo had done, including the light switch trick. Everything else just shows his caring side towards Shinji and Yui and channeling his energy into something positive.

Loved the blowhorn on Rei. Why hasn't anyone drawn more fanart of this?!

Loved how you made this based solely on the ad you saw as a kid. Very misleading indeed. You made it work really well!
Ic3pup543 chapter 17 . 4/6
You have quite the penchant for dramatic moments, and I gotta say I'm loving it. So that which begun with a summation of the bare bones of this timeline, with the leadup in the years before impact all the way to the tenth angel, and ended with an understanding of the mindsets of our characters at this junction. Happy, tentative, recovering, beginning to explore, innocent. Most all good feelings. We touched on some of the less titular but still important characters, revisited certain things, established a few more, and hinted at certain others. All in all, not a bad thing. I liked it.
Ic3pup543 chapter 16 . 4/4
Your chapters have always had much happening in them, so to repeat this sentiment each time I write one of these up would be both pointless and childish, perhaps even somewhat insulting if one were to look at it from a certain viewpoint. You wrote it, you know there's a lot happening, I mean. Still, I think it bears saying each time, for we only have so much time, that MAN. STUFF WENT DOWN HERE. GOOD GRIEF.

It was a wild ride, from start to finish. I criticized the Ninth Angel for being anticlimactic, but this made up for that well. I wouldn't say this holds any moments of true lows, though I believe that has more to do with the nature of the players than anything else. These are not the all-too-human, all-too-broken characters of the original world; they have (d)evolved into ideals. Never say die. Ideals don't make very good humans though. Excellent weirdos, but mostly, broken pieces. That has never been more evident than in Gendo's loss of control. I had been wondering what changed his mindset so readily, that all this could be possible, if we were even really going to find that out, or have it be left in the darkness. I can certainly see the man coming all-too-close to snapping, and Gendo wearing a bulletproof vest is paranoia I can easily see. And now, we see just a little bit more of the Plan. The bare bones, so to speak. It truly makes me wonder the things that these people had to believe in, that had to have gone through their minds at times... And what is in Unit 00.

So the Angel couldn't help but beat on everyone in range, wailing away in hatred for its kin, even as it disdained kin of the other kind. It does make me wonder if these are working alone, or coordinating by another Angel. Hatred for the Lilim drove it to drive into one who might become one, given the chance. At least now we know where the vehemence came from. I do wonder how it managed to switch positioning with Shinji without anyone noticing, since the required level of AT field would likely have set off every sensor in the fortress-city. Other than choice of targets and unwillingness to simply end things, however, Iruel's plan was excellent. Then again, intelligence isn't really an asset worth having, sometimes. That Pen-pen has equal will to an Angel though, that is definitely interesting. Add that to the weird flipper and his ability to recognize Shinji even under influence of and AT field... I have to wonder exactly what this penguin really is. It's not like it truly matters, in the end. Kaworu is becoming stranger each day, and Gendo has a Plan.

And we saw some more family dynamics, too. Ikari hates Ikari nee Rokubungi. All things have gone well. Rin explained what Anima Overdrive was, what it meant to Shinji. I wonder though, if her extended break will have much an effect here. Gendo really does give a good speech, too. I got shivers mate. Also, can I say how much I love that Katsuragi has a contingency plan for the Gundams being taken over by an enemy force? Because I really loved that. Speaking of love... We're having some cute moments here! It's been foreshadowed for a little while now, but it's been a bit overshadowed by all the craziness that happens in their lives, so I can see why it took so long. Still, here's hoping things don't go all to hell right from the get go.
Ic3pup543 chapter 15 . 4/4
Yeah, you weren't kidding. All kinds of nonsense went down here, from freaks to geeks and everyone inbetween. It's funny; our pilots, brought up so high on their pedestal for so long, have been unable to do anything but for one Angel for some time now. The seventh is still out there, waiting. Lurking. The eighth was crushed by Kaworu. The ninth was rather anticlimactic, more cementing what we already knew than anything else, and providing more background into the whys for our other... friends. Yeah, space, yeah, death, but for the most part, nothing was really lost much. It's a good thing, that so little is gone here, but at the same time... And now, they ended up stuck nude in the Geofront, with crazed cultists all around. Those are new too, actually, and I have to wonder exactly where they're going to drop their crazy. And when, always when.

Anyway, Ritsuko did good this time. Really freaking good. Not only did she match wits with a continually evolving engine of destruction, that which had already matched and surpassed the best efforts of her mother and all of her creations, after transforming her thoughts and will into literal code, she did so just in time. Her mother, for all that Naoko scoffs, was proud. And I loved the interface between the Magi. That was fantastic. It also seems the Lieutenant part of the twins' title isn't just from being in a paramilitary organization. I should have figured as much by now, really. The pilots are experiencing their own troubles, too. Of course Asuka would jump straight into the thick of things, and poor Shinji has no idea what's happening. Rei probably has about the same, give or take a few margins. As for Mana... all I can say is that she was far more lenient than I would have been, given her chance. That child would have vanished from the face of the earth, inside his own home. His venom is somewhat surprising, honestly though, but I have to wonder what it has to do with onions in China.

I'm still trying to decipher the dynamic between Naoko, Gendo, and Yui. Exactly how much did one hate another? What happened with 00? Who's soul is really in there? Is it Lilith, or a fraction of her? It is not one of the founders of project E, certainly. Stuff and things.
Ic3pup543 chapter 14 . 4/4
I've been reading this story for a while now, and I have to say I love it more and more with every chapter. I love your Gendo, for the way he never does anything without a reason but sometimes has the most bizarre logic, but still inspires greatly. For the way he truly loves his son, just as much as he loves humanity and would have them survive. I love your Shinji, flashes of smoke and fire on the horizon, who does strange, impossible things with great belief. He's so used to his father's ridiculousness, and fondly exasperated, but he's sworn to himself that it will never be necessary that he act that way in the future. Perhaps of boredom... The hidden things between the two. The honesty. Rei Ayanami. Nephilim, and unafraid to let it be known. She stands tall, with great purpose and pride, though with comical lack of social graces. The army detail, and the elaboration of the Impact Wars. Asuka, who loves with an open heart, who considers everything she sees to be a wonder and a grace, instead of a failure she can now never attain. Her sync ratio... Her sister. Her father. The twins. Mana, who either believes herself or humanity to be unnecessary, brash and strong on the outside but hates to be useless. Mayumi, who would wish for nothing more than a chance to be anything but what she is. A dreamer. Their gundam, and the team which built it. (Gotta ask though, weren't Gendo and Fuyutsuki looking for someone who 'stole' tech from them, not people whom they gave something to?) Misato, the lunatic on a flying motorbike. Crazy-ass, but speaking more to people than to ghosts these days. Her team helps with that. Pen-pen. Maya and Miyato, and boy wasn't that a surprise. Dr. Akagi, one more soul irrevocably fractured and reformed the only way it could to survive in the enormity of this world. Still, she is broken less than another, who doomed her world as she raised it. Kaworu, and his sister, and the insights we have seen with them. I love the ways you've changed these angels, even in only slight ways. I loved the originality with Ramiel, and the communication among these. And the deviations to plan, the way these Angels seem to feel that Adam was their god, that they have all inherited pieces of him. The camaraderie of the pilots, the true friendship they have built together. I wonder at the point it would take for them to grow further, however... The lance and the sword. Terminal Dogma. Seele. Some things never change.
Blitzstrahl chapter 2 . 3/3
Well like Anno himself said of Evangelion means "Messager Bringing a joyous message" (humanity's rebirth) then the color scheme foreshadows Unit 1s true purpose, and Yui's secret plan for herself perfectly, . Purple the color of royalty, and grandeur. Indigo the color of spiritual realization. Orange the color of joy and creativity, and Green the color of immortality. Black the color of isolation.
chunnin33 chapter 32 . 10/15/2017
Well damn.

I can't say that I'm a fan on a personal level of the conclusion to this saga; but on a professional level I have to applaud your writing skills and congratulate your ability to drive home a serious and well thought-out ending.

I am certainly glad that I passed over this fic several years ago on my last Evangelion spree and that I found it again now in a complete form.

Thank you for your gift to fanfiction.
chunnin33 chapter 20 . 10/14/2017
KATHERINE YEAH BUDDY
Cataclyptic chapter 32 . 10/12/2017
A masterpiece of a story through and through. I still wish that Shinji had more focus, but the character development was amazing for each one so I won’t complain. Th final battle with ADAM was intense and amazing, a culmination of everything that humanity had to deal with solidified in a single moment (assuming time was working properly during the battle!). I commend you for creating this favorite fanfiction of mine.
Genomaxis2005 chapter 32 . 9/28/2017
That was a really good story.
Epic in scale with so much going on.
The story drew me in and I kept reading till finish.
I'm glad that you finished this story.
I enjoyed that ending and the positive feeling.
Anyway thanks for sharing this great story.
COBRASTEVE chapter 16 . 8/28/2017
This is NOT criticism, but wow, there is so much going on together so fast it's easy to get lost in the dealings! I really love this story though. And only halfway!
COBRASTEVE chapter 14 . 8/22/2017
I hope there is more involvement with Misato and the kids coming up, but very good story! Comedic mix with robot combat...alright!
Vontar chapter 31 . 7/29/2017
RIP clicking the Post Review button before it's finished
Anywho, yeah, references, backstories, etc. all served to create a world that, frankly, I enjoyed more than the original canon, though that may also be partially due to the fact that this story ended happily (not a big fan of sad endings).
I would like to see maybe some extra material of the time between 2016 and 2027 and the relationship progression between all of the characters (not to mention more detailed trials, that would be hilarious), but this story, by itself, is more than enough.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and good luck with your future stories.