Reviews for Black Coffee
Cypher DS chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
A bittersweet story, just like that black coffee.

I really admired your reflections on how Michael and Robin view the world, as well as your descriptions of Robin as an "old soul in a child's body". It's such an apt summary. I was also struck by the intimate little things Michael noticed about Robin - the shape of her chin, the indent of her lip - they aren't things one would immediately identify in another and it shows just how carefully he's observed Robin.
Panthera lupus chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Great job! You kept them in character, and I loved the interaction! Also like how you kept it open; will Robin fall for Michael or stay watching Amon's back? Will Michael continue to pine for Robin or stay friends? Is Amon more interested in Robin than he lets on? Just makes the story have that many more interpretations.

Also, my morbid curiosity is making me google ox tongue ice cream T_T...
fringeperson chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
That's sweet, and juust a little painful. Poor Michael. I want him to be the one who ends up with Robin, I really do.
TheSilentMan chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
I really enjoyed this.

The friendship between Robin and Michael seems comfortable and awkward at the same time, but also bitter-sweet.

I find the scene with Amon and the ribbon quite sad really and not just because of what Michael may be feeling. Amon comes across as very petty - like he's depriving Michael of one of the few pleasures he has and that doesn't seem to bother him. On the contrary.

I like Michaels defiant attitude towards the end.

When I finished reading, it felt like he'd made a step forward somehow. Some good to go with the bad.

Love the title.

Cheers.
LaaDee chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Amazing, I really love this, its really sweet.
RebbieChan chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
This story was reaaly good! I always enjoy a fic with michael in it even though they always end up bittersweet like this. loved the tension between Amon and Micheal. _ In some parts you switched from present to past tense but overall it was pretty good!
Mycha chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Cute! I especially like that as you go further, the details about how Michael and Robin interact become more specific, finally ending up with him detailing how Robin looked after following Amon into the office and what he did to make her happier. It's interesting that you threw in that bit of interaction with Amon; other than to emphasize what Michael can't have, it struck me as a bit odd. Maybe you see something in a similar vein from Amon's standpoint and this little bit is there to link the two together? Or maybe it was just to emphasize the last sentence. Regardless, I liked it.