Reviews for Smothering
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
What a wonderful story.

I loved that you visited the first season. It is so nice to have the brothers just be worried about the YED and Sam's visions, no angels, demons or death yet.

The suspense in this story was great. I just kept reading and trying to remember to breath. Would have loved to have seen this one on the screen.

Nice twist having Sam be linked with Mandy while she was dying so he had breathing problems too. You definitely worried big brother Dean in this story.

The ending was sad, Mandy dying, I didn't expect that, but was glad that Sam found her and was with her as she died. I was surprised when Sam was walled up by the ghost and you showed us how desperate he was to get out.

Dean was great in this story. Even though he was worried about letting Sam go find Mandy on his own, they are a team and he trusted his brother to find her and knew he could handle himself. Of course Dean finding Sam in the house was an awesome moment.

Sam's thought about his brother as he drove off to find Mandy,

'God, he loved that jerk' - wonderful.

I miss the brothers of the first season. Thanks for sharing your story with us and reminding me why I fell in love with this show. It is about the brothers.

Until next time, take care.
Landwing chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Wow. This brought back some things I thought I'd made my peace with. I had a patient like Mandy, only on a ventilator and not trapped by a ghost and took longer. At the end of one shift, I left a happy patient I was expecting to extubate the next day. When I got back the next day, the patient had passed away from a hidden DVT overnight. I was close to giving that patient a better life, and then an unseen killer came in the night. It was worse back then since I was a brand new RT, trying to think if there were any signs I'd missed, anything I could've done. Took a few weeks to come to grips with that and to believe the other RTs and the nurses who said there wasn't anything I'd missed that they hadn't. So I really felt for Sam. All that struggle with his visions to save Mandy, and then the ghost of her dead husband kills her right in front of him. And on top of it, all the crap from Azazel to deal with, too. The visions dragging Sam into what another of the chosen kids experiences is new. Kind of alarming, too. A very good thing Dean was right there to help him out, but Dean had to be going mildly crazy from having to watch Sam get pulled into Mandy's predicament. I'd be interested to hear why you think that would happen, if you are disposed to explain. Anyway, well done. But I think I'm going to go hunt up some chocolate.
Ciya chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Two husbands named Steve, neat little red herring with Steve #2 - thought he was a shapeshifter until Dean brought up Steve #1. Great story.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I swear Dean would have been a boy scout if a normal life had been in the cards. Mary Poppins has nothing on Dean when he starts just seemingly pulling whatever Sam needs out of the air, Advil, water, whatever. As tragic as Mandy's death was so close to being saved, it makes sense that the boys can't always make the rescue on time but at least they can offer the comfort of a caring presence for the victim and family. Lovely as always.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
This was great. Very intense. Love me some Sammy buried alive.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
OHMY GOD!

AHHHH! how one arth did you know! HOW! HOW! :L)

I LOVE THIS! OH MY WORD! I LOVE IT!

choking AND vision Sam

You. Are. A . God x
Keerawa chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Fabulous case fic! The tension of those days really came through. A vision that literally is killing Sam, both of them struggling to save people as best they can with this unknown breathing down their necks. Dean doing everything he can to look after Sam, but having to let him go to try and find Mandy because they can't just leave her to die.

Sam laughed, weak and wobbly but honest-to-God survivor relief because sometimes that was all there was left, that and Dean.

Yeah - just like that.
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Sometimes I feel like your fingers are hardwired to my soul.

This is everything I ever want in a fic. You even discovered my secret desire from some trapped!claustraphobic!Sam. How do you do that?

I am not worthy. I AM NOT WORTHY.

You made a crappy day 19345729672929476260x better.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I really enjoyed this story, although I'm sad they couldn't save the girl. Still, considering she was another of the demon-children like Sam, I understand why she had to die. I thought that this was set up excellently, and I really liked the way the brotherly moments between the boys were written.

Great job!
ariex04 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
This story is really good. Sam's not breathing and living it was a really good touch. I'm glad Sam was able to help Mandy a little bit, even if she did still die. This story felt like it was pulling me in; it was very intense. Awesome job with this!
cold kagome chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
wow.. poor sammy... awwwe dean is awesome

hate steve.. he a asshole... 0,0

love it
SalchanTheWitch chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
You are SO hands down one of my favorite writers! You capture their voices, emotions and actions so well. Write more soon!
Zaphire chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I always enjoy stories that are tied to season 1, my favorite season. Its always interesting to see how season 1 could of been or and or chapters that tie in to the overall plot.
aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Wow-you weren't kidding! What an excellent piece! Lol-I shamelessly read it while rounding with the physicians...all my notes look the same, right? ;-) Really enjoyed the Sam and his "superimposing vision effect."

Loved:

"...yeah, thanks, I saw the instant replay."

Classic. Beautifully written per your usual. Loved how you really did worried Dean without over-doing worried Dean (hence the "smothering"-which is just more proof that you are absolutely amazing). Un-subtly subtle (if that makes any sense)

Made my morning! Hands downs a frequent flyer mile read!
JediMagnet09 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010