Reviews for Smothering
Great story! Love it! :)
iris254 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Loooovvveed it!
FoxFyre33 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Great fic. Wow, don't we all miss the days of the early seasons before *somebody* went crackers and forgot what the show was all about? Here's hoping that next season will be like those wonderful early seasons. In the meantime, thanks for such great writing.

"He was okay, safe. With his brother, and sometimes Sam thought that was the only place he could really breathe." What a great line. :)

It was so sadly touching to see the similarities between Sam and Mandy (parental death, always feeling out of place, always struggling, doomed - it would seem - to have a harsh and unhappy life). However, I still maintain hope for Sam because, in spite of all the similarities, he has what none of the other "special" kids had... Dean, of course, and their brotherly bond and their relationship that truly defies all words.

We know that as long as they are together, they will be okay. That is something that your writing acknowledges so beautifully. Great fic in so many ways. Nice job. :)
Dragonflysoul chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Oh, I SO loved this!
mamapranayama chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Great story. I really enjoyed it. :D
AuthoressCrest chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I had a nice review all planned out and wrote up and then ate it. :( But I don't need to write another long winded review just to tell you how emotional and awesome this story was. This is one of the best case-fics I think I have ever read it was just like reading an episode! And the ending was just made of awesome, lol! :D
shinizero chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
And this is exactly, exactly why you're one of my favorite authors in this fandom. This story has everything that I love best about your work. And with how nostalgic I am for this time in Sam's and Dean's story and how much I miss the way they were back then, this gives me exactly what I crave to read most. I can't tell you how much I look forward to the days I know you're going to be uploading new work.
Hunnique chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
He knew when Dean reached the M&Ms when a smile flitted across his brother's face.

"Peanuts are a symbol of purity," Sam said, rubbing his throbbing temple.

Dean's head shot up. "Really?"

C'était une excellente histoire, qui m'a gardée concentrée sur elle plutôt que sur mon travail (ne le dis pas à mon patron).

Mais ce sont les perles de dialogue (comme ma préférée ci-dessus, drôle et tendre) qui me restent en mémoire...

Merci beaucoup ma belle
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Would make a great SPN episode.
wopatwoman chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
First being buried alive is my biggest fear,so reading this story was giving me shortness of breath. I was really shocked when poor Mandy after her resscue,died anyway.. The discription of her confinment was way to real..

Great story..
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Man! I am sooo exhausted from reading this. Might have to take a nap now. :D

What a ride! Sam experiencing what Mandy was going through was horrible. It affected not only her and Sam, but Dean and ME as well. Whew! I hate tiny places and lack of air, so this one hit me where I live.

I'm so sorry Mandy didn't make it! It does make sense tho if she was one of Azazel's 'special kids'. She was saved some extra grief later.

"God, he loved that jerk!" My favorite line. :D

Great fic! :)
Cainchan chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
wow, really amazing story. I really miss the time, when sam had his visions and dean comforted him after them. You did a very good job with this story. thank you.
Impaladreams chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Started reading, couldn't stop.

You captured Sam's visions so perfectly - they were terrifying. Oh, this was a beautiful visit to a much simpler, yet just as exciting, time.

I enjoyed every aspect of this story, the dialogue was spot-on season 2 (it's gotta be my fav season). The uncertainty of what the visions meant, the effect they had on Dean and the wonderful brotherly bond that was always there.

I loved 'God, he loved that jerk.' Just kinda jummed up the pair of them.

Thanks you for a very entertaining, heart-wrenching read.

geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
For my money, this is your best casefic ever. Taut and tense with just enough details to keep us on the edge of our seats, not knowing what's going to happen. Felt like I really was watching this as an ep (and oh, wouldn't it have made a good one!). Love that both boys are on their game both as hunters and brothers, and even though there's a ton of emotion tangled throughout, it doesn't go overboard. The end was a direct hit, and just perfect in delivery. I haven't enjoyed a casefic this much in a while!
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4