Reviews for Sailors Take Warning
septemberly chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
It was such an amazing fic. It was beautiful and honest.

"You're reading me." Lisbon growls, low in her throat. Again, it comes across as more husky and less threatening. "Stop it. Don't you ever turn that off?"

"No." His answer is simple and nonchalant, punctuated only by a slight shrug of his now-bare shoulders. "And given the circumstances, I'm not sure I want to."

THIS was my favorite part!
fiona249 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Oh, so shoulda actually happened this way. Love it :)
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
I think I love you. :p

I cannot believe you failed to mention you'd written a pretty wonderful M rated story. I would've put this at the top of my priority list if I'd known LOL. There seems to be such a shortage of good written J/L love scenes, so me stumbling upon this elicited a squeal, I'm not even gonna pretend otherwise :p

Let me list all of the things I loved! (because lists are ALWAYS fun)

* the fact that Jane initiated the first kiss, even though he didn't really know what his motive was at the time. For some weird reason, I've always had it in my head that in most cases, Lisbon would be the one to cross that barrier first. And it's generally what's floating around here as well. So the fact that you wrote it differently - and it worked so nicely - was an added bonus.

* their whole mini-conversation about him reading her. SO perfect. And very much in character, for both of them. I was laughing, because I could just see it so clearly in my head, which doesn't happen often. I love that he never turns it off, and I personally also wouldn't want him to in those circumstances, heeee.

* this line: "Later, Jane will reflect on the fact that just over two weeks prior, he had to escape to the bathroom on his absolute farce of a date. Nothing about this feels forced or unnatural". *flails* I must admit I had my doubts about the fact that this was post S2 finale, given that Jane was just so screwed up after that. But this line made me smile, especially considering my huge dislike of the whole Frye date haha.

* the ending, of course the ending. THE ENDING. There, that needed to be in caps. And everything about it, really. From the time he wakes up and she's the one who's gone, to him showering at her place (images, I have such wonderful images in my head), finding her at the office, etc etc. And the perfect way to end it as well, on a kind of hopeful note.

To sum up (as I seem to be incapable of leaving short reviews, heh) I enjoyed! :)

- Cathy
Anne Hedonia chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Oh, I need more smut from you. :). This is delicious and grown-up and SO refreshingly free of CLICHES. Please write more fic, but *definitely* more sexytimes! :D
Chibi chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Hey :P

I was re-reading this because I was in the mood for something sexy and I knew how much I loved the ending. The smile still refuses to leave my lips, it's just so sweet and hopeful. Also, I think you should change the genre. Not because it's not angst, but because, in my eyes, it's romance too and just angstthe summary is kinda misleading. If you weren't my friend (and had told me it was Chibi-safe), I think I'd be scared of reading this because from the description it looks like tragedy.

Once again my friend, can't tell you enough how lovely this fic is. You rule :D! *hug*
hardly loquacious chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Alright, first, love the title.

Second, love the ending. It's all lovely. Okay, the whole fic is lovely, but the ending is especially lovely. I don't know if I'd have called it angst exactly, but I know why you did it. But I'm not feeling particularly angsty, more hopeful. Of course, I probably shouldn't talk as I sometimes just feel like picking the ffn categories at random for stuff.
EnsignRo chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I think you did a great job-Jane and Lisbon are such complex characters and their relationship plays out on so many levels it must be tough work to write them believable to have we seen them in the show.
erica83ca chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
"You aren't the only person in this world who's lost someone you love, and you aren't the only person in this world who's lost someone to Red John"

Thank God, someone needs to tell him that and I'm glad you made it Lisbon.

I love the comfort level you established in the aftermath. There is no embarassment or shame. Maybe because they are not discussing it...but still...no real akwardness.

Great job!
Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Oh, how I wish this had been how the season had ended! Great story, great dialogue. I'll have to check out more of your stories.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Wow, that was amazing. Really.

I was also disappointed in the finale. sigh. But this totally made up for it. On a little sidenote, I was listening to 'Stolen' (by Dashboard Confessional) and between that and your fic, I now have an idea for a story. Not that I need one right now...*grumble*

But thanks anyway! And THANK YOU for posting such a wonderful fic!
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Wow, that was very good. Not to mention HOT! I really think something like this is going to happen between them in the show. Anyways, that was great, nice job. I hope you write more.
anthropologist chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Hi. You are so awesome.

I loved the honest tone of your piece.. The scene at the end, especially, was just so true and so touching, and it was impressive that you kept Red John a part of everything without making it all about him at the same time. (I hope I'm making sense right now.) The love scene was also incredible. It was simultaneously moving and sexy and it's just the kind of moment that goes so well with Lisbon and Jane and all their emotions and problems and everything. And I really liked that for once it was Lisbon who slipped out of bed first the next morning, because it's pretty much always Jane in other stories, including my own. Overall, your story was very memorable, and I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for writing :)
Aquila1 chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Somehow, despite the rating, I wasn't expecting the turn you took. Still, it was a terrific piece. Great characterization, especially at the end. Even with the turn I wasn't planning on, this felt very true to the characters. Lovely, clean writing. A great story that I really enjoyed.
ThranduilsDaughter chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
I love strong independent Lisbon who takes lead because that's just her. There are hardly fanfics who show her strong side.

I like your idea of her guiding Jane to tell her the truth, that was very touching.

LSR-7 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Wow. Don't know quite what to say. I do wonder how the 3rd season will start up, but somehow I doubt it'll be like this lol.

One has to wonder at Lisbon's strength in this, many (including myself) are guilty of portraying Lisbon in a less strong, less matured sensuality than in how you've done it. She is a grown woman who knows what she wants as Jane "suggests" with his own actions that began this.

I thought it was almost adorable in the show how Jane would escape to the bathroom from his date with Frye, something he'd never do with Lisbon, at least not in that way. Never saw Jane and Frye coming together seriously since he seemed rather frustrated by her and at her insistence that she's a real psychic.

Anyway, great job.