Reviews for Waking Up
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
NotMarge chapter 16 . 12/25/2013
Really enjoyed this retelling! Very true to the story and all the added parts flow well. Well done!
Nocturnal Elle chapter 10 . 10/10/2012
I always love the line when he says "you're better off with this guy" because he says it like he means Alice is better off with Jack but his true meaning is "you're better off with ME."
Nocturnal Elle chapter 9 . 10/10/2012
"Hatter was so frustrated, he felt like a kettle on the boil; any minute steam would come out his ears." Great metaphor!
LENKA chapter 16 . 7/24/2012
This section WHAT IS THIS written so it was not in that movie...
Aileil chapter 16 . 5/31/2012
Thank you for this. It takes a unique skill to re-write a story from a different view-point than its original one. That is a skill that few possess. And fewer still put it to use. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and your thoughts with us. And truly, I believe with all my heart that the best parts of the story were the extra scenes you added. It made it far more complete and wonderful.
Aileil chapter 15 . 5/31/2012
I'll give you my full opinion at the end of the story but I had to note the best line in the history of lines.

"You've already been conquered; you just haven't sense enough to surrender."

Really. Best. Line. EVER!
Pica Britanica chapter 16 . 5/25/2012
This story is awesome. I love it. It's really good, amazing even. :) Sorry, I'm gushing... g'bye.

Mags
Adriannu255 chapter 16 . 5/15/2012
I gotta say that you write some of the best Alice stories EVER! I really like your take on Hatter's thoughts throughout the movie. This was very entertaining to read. Keep up the great work!
Region and District chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
This is so totally AWEOSOME! I love Hatter! you did an excellent job and I can't wait to read the rest!
A.J AL chapter 16 . 2/19/2011
Great story! You wrote Hatter's point of view perfectly. Ur great at writing so keep it up! I really enjoyed the story and read it all in one day.
scubagurl22 chapter 15 . 9/20/2010
Sorry you don't have FB access anymore, here's a copy of the message that was posted.

Since you asked for more about Hatter's back-story, here's a rare glimpse of how original Scene 100 (up on the hill after Hatter returned from contacting Catapiller) played out before revisions to the final movie.

...ALICE

You think you can win?

I have to try. As Dodo said, I've lived my

life playing both sides of the court.

Something I inherited from my family. Now

it's time to take a stand.

ALICE

Your family? What did they do?

HATTER

My father and my brother both worked for

the Queen. I shouldn' t blame them... what

are ambitious men to do in a world like

this? There's one way up. .. take it or leave it.

ALICE

But you didn' t take it.

HATTER

I had their example before me.

What do you mean?

HATTER

My father hated what he'd done... what he'd

had to do. Hated it so much he finally

poisoned himself... a painful way to go. My

brother, on the other hand, found his true

calling. A natural born killer. I kept out

of his way until I couldn' t anymore. He

came after me.. .

(a beat)

... I got him first.

My god...

HATTER

After that I had to work both sides... it

was the only way I could stay alive. I'd

make the Hearts think I was working for

them, while I fed their enemies... well...

those days are over.
Sucker4Stories chapter 16 . 9/19/2010
Wow. That was AMAZING! As a fellow Hatter fan, you brought me to tears with bringing out his sweet, stubborn character! Thank you so much for such an amazing story! Kudos to you! :D
scubagurl22 chapter 4 . 9/17/2010
Don't know if you saw it yet but the production company released some cut dialog on their facebook page. Apparently Mad March was Hatter's brother.
smiles2go chapter 16 . 9/14/2010
I love the way you did this. I can read it over and over. the only thing i disagree with is Jack...he wouldn't have helped Hatter at all. Great job!