Reviews for Decades
GalanthaDreams chapter 5 . 12/12/2011
How can I not love this story? How can I not add this to my favorites? The reasons I love it lurk in every line and every action written. My heart by now-after rereading it like religious text-is timed to beat at the same times it reveals a new sentiment. You prove that words do indeed have power.
Schneephoenix chapter 3 . 12/15/2010
I absolutly love your story, it rocks! It is sooooo really good.
LightStarDusting chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Hi there! I've been meaning to check this out for awhile but I kept holding off because I was always in the midst of writing Roseward. But now there's a lull and someone on twitter (MademoiselleGF - love her!) reminded me of this story and here I am! ;)

You've captured both Edward and Rosalie so well here and I love the short, acerbic answers they shoot each other after such an intimate act.

'"No."

She's toying with me now. Rosalie always says no just to make sure her mouth remembers the word, to make sure I remember she can. Can she still break me with a single syllable? Yes. Damned if I let her know that. 112 years of practiced politeness and restraint are all that keep me from pinning her to the windowpanes.'

Love that!

The banter is very interesting and sharp. Really enjoying this! Thanks for writing. xoxoxo
And.also.angels chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Please tell me if edward and rose will eventually end up together.. I really wish them to because i hate bella and hate it when she intrudes and makes her appearances hahha lol if ed and rose do ebd up together i w

Will be fan#1 of this story

Wrll really love your writting style abd the stiry plot update soon
soobliette chapter 5 . 11/27/2010
I was so happy to see an update! I've missed this story but this chapter was worth the wait. I enjoyed seeing more of their push and pull throughout the years. What's best is that their characterizations really seem like canon to me. I love getting to know this Rosealie but she's smarter, more witty, and more complex than most people give her credit for in the original canon. I'm completely convinced that this dynamic could have been part of their pre-Twilight back-story. Given how much history is between them (as well as Rose's demand for "one more night"), I'm looking forward to reading how this dynamic changes in 2005.

One of my favorite lines from this chapter was: "...you don't have to stand still to wait. You walk forward into new horizons, onto new territories that your footsteps claim as yours, and you call these new places homeā€”but you don't stop looking backwards at the skyline you left behind. You don't stop waiting. Edward thinks he's been waiting for me since 1935. But he had me in 1935. I was waiting for him to notice." I'm still in love with the writing and tis plot. Thanks for updating!
ReluctantRomantic chapter 4 . 11/27/2010
I am (almost) speechless. This is one of the very best pieces I've read in FF. I'm usually a boring canon pairing gal, but can't deny that something about the E/R pairing is extremely intriguing, and you are capturing so much of the complexity that I feel like I've intuited, but has never made the leap into my consciousness.

Your telling is so well-written that it simultaneously feels startlingly insightful, yet incredibly familiar, like I already knew the story but just didn't have your ingenious combination of words to be able to write it. I'm just stunned. Although I generally prefer laying low, reading this makes me wish that I was one of those people with fandom clout so I could recommend it far and wide. I know that I will anyway in my future reviews of other stories.

Thank you, and I so hope that you continue.
ilovekittenz chapter 4 . 9/16/2010
I like the "why aren't you mediating?" banter in this one.

I would like to understand the relationship between Rosalie and Emmett more, and how he handles Rosalie being with Edward.

I'm very curious if Bella is going to eventually enter into this mix and what will happen if she does.

Thanks for writing.
ilovekittenz chapter 3 . 9/16/2010
I liked that you had Jasper step in, since I could see how that situation would make his life uncomfortable.

Your writing is very poetic.
ilovekittenz chapter 2 . 9/16/2010
Edward deserves to have Rosalie kick his ass for his "But you'll lie down for it" comment.

I really liked this line- "this closeness is a barrier and not a bridge"

The frequent first person POV switches disorient me slightly when I'm reading.
ilovekittenz chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Fabkish highly recommended this story to me. I'm new to Roseward, but I wanted to give it a try. I think you did a good job so far of creating an antagonistic relationship, while still showing how they are drawn to each other.

I thought it was interesting that you had two excerpts 70 years apart in this chapter.
soobliette chapter 4 . 9/11/2010
I enjoyed this chapter immensely. The past and the present seem to be weaved together so seamlessly. I never feel a sharp break between the decades. It just seems to flow.

I also love how Edward is so intimately aquatinted with Rose...so in tune with her her personality, her quirks and her needs. A couple of quotes really underscored that perfectly: "It's important to acknowledge Rosalie's snarkiness from time to time, or else she begins to complain that I'm ignoring her and that we're fading...Whatever I can say about Rosalie and I, we did not fall into this. It did not overtake us... Rose and I, we were a fight, not a freefall. We still are." I really adore this story. Thanks so much for updating.
envyme13 chapter 2 . 9/10/2010
Wow, sad /
envyme13 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
LOVED THIS!
Kat SaaLe chapter 4 . 9/7/2010
Thanks for reviewing... i'm really intrigue as where are you going to take this story... is it gonna be a canon story? will Bella be involved? I just hope it ends in a happy ending for R/E... and by that i mean R/E ending up together! )
Amber1983 chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
PS I adore your writing style - olde worlde and completely unique. And all the 80s references are brill x