Reviews for This is how the world ends
crazyhpcfan chapter 1 . 8/31/2015
I loved this story. It was great, and was such a unique take. Thank you for writing this.
ClosetFMAfan chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
I thought it was absolutely brilliant. One touch that I especially liked was the parallel between the beginning and the end. That was very nice. It was all pretty nice. Better than nice, actually... absolutely brilliant! XD Good job!
maryh10000 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This is absolutely amazing.

Perfect description of Izumi deciding to transmute her stillborn child. That is her exactly, as she was then, and fits perfectly into how she is now. "She is an alchemist. She is brilliant. She will fix this." and then "the world's flow is temporarily disrupted."

Description of Roy's reaction to the array on Riza's back; again, perfect. The counterpoint between seeing the beauty of the array and the wrongness of using a person to hold it.

I'm not sure I like "innocent girls with sad eyes and breathtaking smiles." At this point in the timeline, I don't see her as being particularly sad. She's idealistic and carried away by Roy's ideals. The sad eyes come later, I think.

"His mother positively shines in his presence." Yes!

"Yes, he knows that technically ... It doesn't work that way." Yes!

"And they both smile and laugh a little, because of course they're going to bring her back, how could they not?" Yes!
NotAnAlchemist chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
this is so *powerful*. im very glad that i read it. youre very talented.