Reviews for Walls of Jericho
Julian Chester chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This is damn good, you know that?

I always like seeing variations on Evangelion that turn out better, although I do admit that sometimes I prefer variations that don't change something huge. It seems much more challenging, but at the same time much more gratifying in a way, to read a story in which the variation, the key difference, is the mythical nail from the phrase "for want of a nail." Nothing tremendous, just one small thing, a pebble falling down a mountainside that by the time it reaches the bottom has turned into an avalanche that utterly buries Gendo's wretched scenario. I don't know if I ever would have been able to do this myself.

I am mildly disappointed that you only wrote the part describing the one thing, the single, small, almost insignificant act that changed everything, and did not continue with the rest of it. But then, that probably was never the point.

I tip my hat to you. This is very well done.
nervwriter chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
A good one shot. I think Shinji might have been just a tad bit too perceptive here, but overall it worked quite well. Also, I'd like to ask for your permision if could do a story expanding your idea beyond a one-shot, if I may. Just send me a message whenever you can. Thanks!
Archnecromancer King chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Actually found the story very interesting. Note 10.
justbehappydammit chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Very interesting. I'd love to see in detail how this affects everything. It was hard to follow at times, but it was still very good.
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
This was a strong story. Good job. 5/5.
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Good story thou I wish you had decided to continue it.
Jho chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I like how you developed this story, it was short but nice.
King of the Fallen chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Well that was...anticlimactic. Really you could have made it a little better, even if you just had Asuka be a little kinder after he figured it out, would have made it better. Though I'm not against a little gratuitous sex, to each their own.
Illogically.Inclined chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
That didn't suck. That didn't suck to a spectacular degree.

It was perhaps a tad too neat, with Shinji being a little too perceptive, jumping to a few of his conclusions rather too quickly, but on the whole I liked the storytelling, and I very much liked the way you constructed the inner monologue.

Could have done with fewer ellipses, though.

...

At any rate, good work, and good luck with any future ventures into Eva fic territory, should the fancy strike you.
V-departed chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Haha, just realised:

"What is the Wall of Jericho?"

"Something biblical." Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, say no more...
Loco77 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
wtf
Incognito girl chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
that was a nice quickie!
Tetsui chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Well...I just realized something...I'm going to be very bored when you go on your trip...Ah, well. Awesome fic, as usual!
freebird chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Not too bad, you could have had more interaction between the two.
Flux Casey chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I hated Evangelion (so very very much). But this was a good read.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »