Reviews for In Verse & Reverse
justaskalice chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
omg SO DUCKING CUTE! I thought you might pull something tricksy and have her be bridesmaid. I hoped you would, actually. It was adorable, and sweet, and sad, and happy! I'm rambling. Love! Thanks for writing.
Adair7 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
This is really quite brilliant. I love the idea of telling a story in reverse or in telling a story in bits and pieces all askew and having to reread it just to make sure you didn't leave any of the important bits out.

It's all quite perfect. Unless you're Jake.
jessieka chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
This was so gooood! I like the style of going from the end to the beginning... did you write it like that or did you go chronologically.

NGL I did have to skip the whale watching scenes. Just thinking about a boat started to make me nauseous. :)
Capricorn75 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Oh, I see what you did there. You sly thing, you!
jansails chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
ExB are charming together.

It's easy to see the initial attraction, the slide into awareness, of want, the reason for their escape.

Bella went on a vacation alone for herself, Bella abandoned Jake for herself, to be who she really was, to love freely.

Bella, obviously, had lived a life of duty, being a good girl, pleasing others'.

Edward was the one thing she was claiming for herself.

However- I would not want to be Jake.

Does he deserve to be abandoned after the vows?

Why make the vow in the first place if you doubt, & are not 100% in love?

Unless Jake is an absolute & complete a**hole, he is being stabbed in the heart, taking a blow from which he may never recover.

Which may lead Jake to treat the women he now meets with disrespect & contempt.

I DO understand the prompts, the goals & intent of the story, but without info to tell me Jake was a jerk, I cannot forget/forgive the damage done to him.

I certainly don't believe Bella should have married him period.

The runaway bride to her true love sounds wonderfully romantic, but I would have been more sympathetic to the couple if Jake had been an unlikeable character within the story.

majose chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Hahahah! I really liked it! I thought that Bella had married Jake and then ran away with Edward! Such an original way to tell a story :-)
lisamichelle17 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
You did an awesome job with this story. I loved how you went from the end to the beginning. I've never read something like that. Thank you for sharing and writing it for us.
Lily Adrienne chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
You are a GENIUS! I must admit i thought bella runs away with edward after her own wedding to jake! So glad i read the story until the end. Pheww!
Hoosier Mama chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Tres, tres cute.

I thought I was going to be picturing Dustin Hoffman pounding on the glass at the back of a church, but this was better...less mess to clean up since B's not the bride.

Very sweet.

kbramley chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
EXCELLENT! Thoroughly delightful reading. Superbly written! Have never read anything quite like it. No wonder you're one of my favorite authors:D Really ANGSTY too...the emotional undercurrent opened up this great literary piece and you expertly led us to the beginning of where it all started. GENIOUS~!
nurseroxy chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I want to tell you how just how beautiful this story is. You've done an amazing job convincing us that there really can be love at first sight. I think writing the story in reverse was ingenious, but I do however want to apologize. I couldn't do it lol. After reading the epi and just the Sunday parts I had to start at the end just to know for sure it wasn't Bella that was getting married lol. That just shows you how wrapped up I was even after the first few sentences. Great job.
readforfun8 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Hi! I really enjoyed reading this. I had so many questions in my head when I start it but soon I discovered that you did a great job, telling the story backwards. I mean, I felt surprised about how things where in reality, you know? For a moment I had this whole idea in my head and then I was just like: Wow, she is not the one getting married! - It was a totally "facepalm moment", and I'm not really good at reviewing but I just wanted to share that with you.

Anyway, Clever story, really sweet too! Thank you for sharing! :)
bryzness chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Beautifully written. This is all shades of awesome...and I secretly hope this story will continue ;)
The Love Peacock chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
wow that was an interesting read and i really liked the ending/begining? i liked the very last line!
Basketgirl chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Wow girl. I am blown away. This is beautiful. I know this is a one-shot but I would love to see another chapter or two. What happens when they run away and then return?
122 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »