Reviews for Tales From The Ravenclaw Common Room
Guest7 chapter 1 . 8/28/2015
Terrible spelling errors - you need some english lessons
Hydrozoa chapter 8 . 6/1/2014
No one else besides me is reviewing at this point of time... *sigh* I am also reviewing in the wrong order, but anyway, I have too many ideas!
I'd like a kind of gory story (hey, that rhymes!) to be a chapter. If you don't want to, as the rating is K-plus, that's okay. I would suggest "Faithful Johannes", also known as "Trusty John", with a lot of variants.
PLEASE update soon!
Hydrozoa chapter 2 . 6/1/2014
In the non-romanticized version that I heard, the evil stepmother wants to eat her lungs and liver. And I thought, what if Snow White had cirrhosis? Or lung cancer? Fairy tales sure leave out a lot of details.
I know I probably shouldn't post a review when there are so many chapters to go, but I couldn't help myself. Great story so far!
Hydrozoa chapter 9 . 9/4/2012
it goes this way

today i bake
tomorrow i brew
for i am so glad
that no one knew
that my name is Rumplestilskin!
Emily Mae chapter 2 . 9/25/2011
I love all the interruptions! I wondered how you were going to write this without it just being a retelling of Snow White. I like the way you did it.
Emily Mae chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Cool idea! I've never been convinced that each of the common rooms were totally off-limits to students not of that house, so I like that this Ravenclaw tradition would promote inter-house unity.
Witty Eagle Proud Ravenclaw chapter 7 . 8/26/2011
Wow. You've managed to give one of the best-loved fairy tales in the world a spooky tone. I like it. Lisa Turpin was soooo funny here. She's one of my absolute FAVOURITE minor characters ever, and you did her so gracefully. I've always thought Lis had a compassionate nature. And agreeing with Espoir Noir's review of a previous chapter, I love how this 'Claw-centric. The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs need more love. The lions and snakes take centre stage so often. Another thing which is great in this story (if you can call it, but I suppose it's a drabble collection... god, I'm just like Anthony, I over-analyse things) is that you resurrect characters that only turn up at their Sorting or only a few times. Like Orla Quirke, Stewart Ackerley and Demelza Robins to name a few. Speaking of Demelza, can you have her turn up again? Maybe she can be particularly engrossed and compliment Terry on his story-telling... sorry, I just LOVE the idea of Terry and Demelza together. It's such a pity no-one's done them as a couple. Oh the torment of being pushed into the shadows!
silverbirch chapter 9 . 8/11/2011
I wondered what they'd make of this one as soon as I saw the title, as it is teh most ridiculous story of them all.

Great line from Lisa - "I reckon it was just an inexpensive thing, plastic or something,"! That made me howl with laughter.
silverbirch chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
Another wonderful re-telling; I am enjoying these!
yaxl3y chapter 7 . 5/19/2011
oh my god, this was adorable. i giggled my whole way through it. :3
Luiz4200 chapter 7 . 2/27/2011
True, this tale was morbid when seen from that POV.
silverbirch chapter 7 . 2/27/2011
I think this was the best so far. The sense of the ridiculous behind these tales reminds me of the comedy sketches trying to explain either pantomime or cricket to an American.

There is no logic, no rational explanation, yet they seem to work for us, but for people who can do real magic...

The cross talk between the group was so incredibly well done. Seeing a new chapter in my in-box always brings a huge smile to my face, and I can't wait for the next one.
silverbirch chapter 6 . 2/22/2011
I liked that one, and the way you had Wayne unfreeze as the chapter progressed.

Sometimes it helps to realise that we aren't the only person in the world with a problem.
Hedwig466 chapter 6 . 2/21/2011
Eleanor Rigby, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door...

I've loved these chapters! I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed more often!
silverbirch chapter 5 . 2/19/2011
Very good! Maybe that's why we stop reading these stories as we grow. Goldilocks is a ridiculous one, all things considered.

Another thing I like about your story is the background, which is hovers just out of sight. They're telling these tales to escape form a situation which isn't pleasant.