Reviews for If on a Winter's Night
rosesmom61 chapter 2 . 9/3/2010
I just found this and only after two chapters I'm hooked.
dtav chapter 4 . 9/1/2010
Oh geez, you brought me to tears with this one. Beautifully written chapter, can't wait for more.
jfk06 chapter 4 . 9/1/2010
It was great - you did a beautiful job of capturing the despair and pain a teenager might experience upon learning that he would never walk again. I felt so bad for him!

I just wish Jasper had been there... :-)
pepolas chapter 4 . 9/1/2010
This chapter was tragic but sweet at the same time. I am glad that Edward called Jasper and also that he wanted to hear him sing. I think it's a positive thing.

So, he won't be able to pee anymore? Only with the catheter?

Poor boy... Be strong Edward!

Thanks for this story
reve2weaver chapter 4 . 9/1/2010
Oh how difficult it must be to write this. I read it and I grip my desk and I shake my head, but I am not afraid because your writing is thoughtful and honest. So difficult as this is to read, it fills me with such hope that readers get a glimpse of love beyond perfectward.

That he almost did not call Jasper... but then did. I was on a knife's edge and... they don't have to speak... just so damn good. Love this story.
laraspain chapter 4 . 8/31/2010
Hi there again , I see you've chossen to follow your angst side again... I just read yours cause usually I prefer my fics to be entertaining and not depressing but your writting is si good I couldn't resist. These first chapters were very heartbroken but beautiful, can't wait to read their first encounter after the accident . Great job !
parrotchic chapter 4 . 8/31/2010
I like the flashbacks within the chapter and the song Jasper chose at the end was just perfect. :)
weatherday chapter 4 . 8/31/2010
Cant wait to read more (even with the angst warning. I hope Edward doesnt push Jasper away, he really needs to have him in his life right now.
dlb2546 chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
Wow, I think I'm going to go ball my eyes out now. That was intense; but very, very good. Why are men more suseptible to sci?
sessahhh chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
Thanks for making me look utterly ridiculous on my commute home. I am bawling like a f*cking baby and the runny nose is just annoying.

But thank you for continuing to write this beautiful, depressing story that makes me look like a mess on the train. You know, the lady no one wants to sit next too? The one that makes you'd prefer to sit closer to the stinky guy muttering to himself? Yea, thats me.

As usual, your writing makes me need tissues or towels in large quantities but for VERY different reasons. I love that we get to experience the full gamet of negative emotions. It makes me want to scream, "here, take my working legs! You need them more." which is insane but still... your boy's too pretty to not have working legs and penis and ass. Come on! You couldn't leave him something!

Beautiful job.
featherme chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
EPOV was so beautifully written. When he said "Mom," I cried. Esme was very well-written in this, too.

Loved that E asked Jasper to sing to him and J did so, without hesitation.
kinney-69 chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
It's a miracle I got through this chapter in one piece...

I don't think I've ever cried so much reading anything. I can't see straight...

I thought the flashbacks at least were going to give me some time to get myself together but it only made me cry even more...it was so sweet and funny yet in made me so utterly sad the way they thought things were always going to be ok as long as they were together... *sniff*

"It was a simple moment, Jasper in my kitchen, getting a drink from our fridge and helping my mother reach something in the upper cupboards, but my heart still burst from sheer fucking joy.

We were happy and healthy with our entire futures ahead of us."

Your description of Edward's feelings were just heartwrenching.

I felt everything Edward was feeling. The fear, the hope, the dissappointment, the anger...and it just terrified me thinking something like this can happen any day. That life can change in an instant...

And of course Edward's "sing to me" made me sob so hard I am amazed I can think straight...my head is absolute mush...

Oh and Let it be...such a fitting song. Love it.

As I loved this chapter, however hard it was to read...Simply beautiful bb.

And for god's sake stop chewing your nails! You know you can do anything you set your mind to and it always turns out perfect. *hugs*
Jasper-replaces-edward chapter 4 . 8/30/2010
Ok god, I was fine until Jasper started singing. love it. thank you
mrsbeas chapter 4 . 8/29/2010
Another heartbreaking chapter - I can't wait for Edward & Jasper to talk. I love that Edward was able to sense Jasper's presence - such a beautiful relationship.
ChloBoLow Hale chapter 4 . 8/29/2010
Just found your fic and read straight thru

Yikes!