Reviews for If on a Winter's Night
ChloBoLow Hale chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Ooo angsty was right. That chapter was ruthless.

Fantastic!

And have I mentioned that I love all of the Beatles stuff! The wrote some of my all time favorite love songs. Beautiful.
kinney-69 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Oh no no no...Edward, please don't...*sniff*

I do understand that he will try and keep Jasper away "for his own good" but after all that they've been to each other I hope he will realize very soon that Jasper is not going to give up on him.

They love each other!

But oh how much he must be suffering...

But at least he wanted to hear Jasper's voice...singing to him...*sniff*

And poor poor Jasper...I just fell apart when he tried to keep Edward on the phone...and when he went to see him...telling him how much he loved him...and then Edward saying it was all his fault...*sobs*...It was like a punch in the stomach...but again I understand what he is trying to do. But still...that was heartbreaking.

And to top it all...that bastard driving drunk!

*sigh*..

It was good to have some hot smut though... :) Made me smile a little...

But Edward's "Don't try to see me. Leave me alone." made me start sobbing all over again...

Don't give up Jasper!

Amazing chapter as always bb. *hugs*
ivmiv chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Oh, it's just so sad.

They're both hurting so much
ktblove chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
O man that is so sad... :( Poor Jasper.
clairdeluneisgreat chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
*sniffles* and so it begins... Ed trying to push Jasper away. Such a sad but wonderful chapter.
Kristen618 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
So sad! Poor Jasper. I'm sure that Edward thinks he is worth nothing now and that Jasper should move on. He thinks he is selflessly letting him go...if he only knew he Jasper was suffering for it. I just want to give them both a big hug! Thanks - great story!
Heidi34 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
*grabs tissue* Hold my hand, please.

The phone call, Jasper singing, Edward silent, then the text :Don't try to see me. Leave me alone.

Gah! you're killing me Babe.
Pyejammies chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
YOu have captured the anguish that both boys are feeling so well. The uninjured paties are often forgotten and in Jasper's case things are worse because no one knows their real status. Good work, Hon.
kaytes chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
omg you did not just end like that ( i dont know who to be more sad for. your story is incredibly touching keep up the great writing!
Anne-so67 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Ok, a warning like "if you love this story so much that you can't wait to be at home to read it, reading it instead in a hallway full of students between classes on your stupid phone, please skip the last line" may be useful for this chapter... Who am I kiding? I know I would have done it anyway xD After all, who cares if people think that I'm crazy, crying for no apparent reason, right?

Thank you so much for sharing! This fic is just amazing!
Jasper-replaces-edward chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Oh this is sad, I know we need the journey, but it's hard. xx
Guest chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
oh, edward, nooooooo. ugh my heart breaks for him. when he said it was all jasper's fault i swear i had to pause and take a breath. i want to believe that he'd rather be dead, and it's all jasper's fault that he can't bring himself to kill himself... or something. something, anything. but after that text message...grief can do unexpected and unfair things. maybe edward does blame him, somehow. and edward gets to take care of his own needs first right now, i just hope that eventually he'll let jasper help.
izziey chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
as much as i hurt for jasper, i truly cannot fault edward. he's a teenager, in physical, mental, and emotional pain, dealing with a devastating change in his life. i hope that edward didn't truly say it was jasper's fault, but we are all quite capable of hurting others when we hurt.

edward and jasper both need professional help; i'm sure it will be offered to edward, but since no one is aware of jasper's relationship with edward, i doubt anyone, except maybe bella, will suggest it.

i truly loved how you referred to the photo then explained it later instead of immediately; when you mentioned it in this chapter it felt familiar to me, and made the story more tangible.
reve2weaver chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
I love the pacing of this story. The presence of their happy memories and future plans provides sharp contrast to an uncertain future of wheelchair ramps and catheters. It would be difficult to accept for a young man. You can see why Edward would push Jasper away; to protect himself from what he believes to be inevitable: their break-up.
completely-cullen chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
Holy shit, I just discovered this story today, and it is the most amazing one I have ever read! You have combined my two greatest loves in the world... The Beatles and E/J slash! I cannot believe this story has been out here for months and i have only just read it now!

I am considering deleting the other 85 stories on my favorites list so that Winter's Night is the only one on there!

I have cried so much, but I love it. Please make it so many more chapters than 10! The angst is so good, yet so bad at the same time! It is killing me, but I love it!

Damn, I know Edward is going to try and push Jasper away so that he can have a normal life, but Jasper's life won't be normal without him!

While reading these chapters I can't decide which parts I like more; the flashbacks that are either very sweet or very hot or both, or the present day where all I want is for Edward to let Jasper come and see him so they can hug it out and say how much they love each other!

I am sitting in my room, staring up at my Beatles posters, wiping the tears from my eyes and trying to make my chest stop hurting! This is truly the most fantastic fic I have ever read, and now every time i check my email I will be waiting for the one that says ' [FF New Chapter] Ch. 6 of story, If on a Winter's Night, by Touchstone67 '

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait!

xx