Reviews for If on a Winter's Night
bbbluez chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
I'm seriously into self torment as when I saw this would be more than 10 chapters I was thrilled (I meant it in my profle when I said "bring on the angst")! I'm really sad that Edward is pushing Jasper away. I don't want to believe that Edward blames Jasper and am wondering what he was really thinking/dreaming when he said "it's all your fault".
circe290 chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
I was ridiculously excited to get this alert.

Oh. ( The singing. So, so sad. And beautiful.

This is so...understandable: "Each footprint I left behind in the snow was one of guilt.."

And that "what if" and "if only" game we play when something tragic happens. Pointless and nonproductive, but we're helpless to stop it.

I can't imagine the torture for Jasper (and Edward) to have the adults calling the shots... "Maybe in a few days"... ugh. I get it, but ugh. In all the uncertainty and despair, a few days must seem like a lifetime. And Edward needs him. I'm so afraid he's going to go through that whole "I'm paralyzed, you don't need this, get lost" stage, ya know? Ugh.

Every Star Wars mention makes me love Jasper more. Just sayin'.

I love that J's parents combined their names to make Jasper. Love that!

Oh, man. ( And another phone call. And singing. And Edward hanging up.

Oh! Jasper's going to the hospital! Oh thank god, and good for him! I'm worried it won't turn out well, or hurt him (and Edward), but they need to see each other. Edward needs to know Jasper would do anything to see him. I'm rambling again. Guh.

"He had already given up." - ( (

And he's not up for any visitors. Understandable, and almost expected, really...but so very hard, I'm sure, for J to hear.

This is all just so heartbreaking and honest and real.

And that last line killed me. ( Again, I almost expected it, and it's entirely realistic, but still. Poor Jasper. Poor Edward. (

Thank you for the update!
brief-atlas chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
my heart truly goes out for Jasper...This chapter should have had a tissue warning cause I was blabbing bu the middle...can't wait for the next chapter
Lori94 chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
OMG! I know it's not really how he feels but OMG! Poor Jasper! It's soo not his fault! It's the drunk driver's fault! This chapter was heartbreaking!
JakeDanielRoss chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
Breaking my everloving heart. At least he is alive,mine was killed when he was struck by a drunk driver. I know not everyone gets a happy ending,but damn I hope at least the fecking drunk driver dies of a heart attack or something, the bastard that killed my Galen lived another 27years and died of old age.
cdd12 chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
Oh no, E is going to push J away. Good chap.
daffy410 chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
I feel so badly for Jasper. I know that it's Edward who's suffering the most, but his rejection is just as much to Jasper.
mybigteddybearemmett chapter 4 . 9/12/2010
Great job!
ky93 chapter 4 . 9/12/2010
This is the reason why I read FanFiction at all, this right here. I am so happy that you had the courage to take on a topic so serious and heavy in your writing, such a scary, fragile thing that does unfortunately exist in the real world. My eyes have been opened to SCI's. My heart has been opened to all of the people in this world who suffer from this injury.

Your characters are real, and just listening to The Beatles makes me feel connected to them. I know that Edward and Jasper will get through this, I know that Jasper will always support Edward. What I'm worried about is Edward; Will he push everyone away? Will he allow himself to be weak and vulnerable? Will he allow himself any sort of happiness? I am anticipating a hell of a lot of angst but I love angst, without it there would be no pull to the story.

I am so excited for Edward and Jasper's reunion, and how much this injury will change things and how everything will be handled. I feel like I'm going crazy! Please, please, please update soon!

*Also, I am wondering how/if they are going to have sex?
mspacman1 chapter 4 . 9/12/2010
*tears* That's probably how I will spend every chapter... I sat down and read all of these yesterday and there are just no words to describe how hauntingly beautiful your writing is. As always thank you for taking the time to share this with us. I can't even begin to imagine Edwards anger and grief over this... bless his heart.
mspacman1 chapter 3 . 9/12/2010
"I realized my hand was moving over his, stroking him as I talked. When I stopped, his finger twitched.

Perhaps he could hear me, feel my touch."

I hope he could...

I won't lie, there were tears w/this chapter. Especially when Jasper blames himself, which it goes w/out saying its not his fault, Edward wanted to be there w/him as well. I am worried about the first little bit of the first chapter now... the part about a heart being locked up. I hope that's not Edward in the future...

Jasper vowing to be there and be his legs for him made my heart ache as well as Jasper having to pretend that he is only Edward's friend...
mspacman1 chapter 2 . 9/12/2010
deep breath... oh gosh, I cannot imagine. its crazy what I take for granted everyday. I love Jasper's flashbacks.
mspacman1 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
what a great first chapter to a story. I am immediately hooked on the characters and their story. I hoped sooo much when I read this that it was nothing to serious w/Edward, but the tone of the story told me otherwise.
Luvtwismut chapter 4 . 9/11/2010
Crazy waterworks over here! It is so incredibly sad and must beso hard for you to write.
TrulyShadowKissed chapter 4 . 9/9/2010
I absolutely love this story so far. I can't wait to see where you take this. I'm eagerly awaiting the Edward/Jasper reunion.
3,539 | « Prev Page 1 .. 210 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 230 .. Last Next »