Reviews for If on a Winter's Night
urmistaken chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
I love your use of symbolism - "my reflection in the doors blurred and distorted" - their lives completely changed in an instant.

I am curious to read in Edward's POV the context of his comment "It's all your fault." Who was he talking to?

So Jasper is the dreamer, Edward is the planner. Edward seems to be pretty thorough and methodical in how he thinks/learns about things (WoW scene). It will be interesting to see these characters as they are being developed deal with Edward's injury.

And Edward's text at the end *tear*. Is he truly angry with Jasper, or trying to push him away?

"The Sun Also Rises" - has a character who is rendered impotent by a war wound; also deals with male insecurity and failure of communication.

OMG I *love* this story.
twistedbytwilight chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Oh TS...I feel for these boys so much. Your chapters require some major tissues, you know that? Of course you do :)

This story is amazing.
Nostalgia-in-Starlight chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
This is like the most heartwrenching story I have ever read! You capture emotions so well! I was reading a chapter ( well, trying to) during school today and I would get about three sentences before feeling like crying. Needless to say, this story and school don't go too well together. Hope to see an update soon!
jllfish chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
poor edward, he is hurting so much. breaks my heart. good chapter.
twilightmom67 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
My heart if breaking for both of them... I know that Edward is just trying to push Jasper away because he doesn't want him tied down to an invalid, but Jasper will no doubt think it's becaue Edward blames him for the accident. I just want to force those two together to talk things out, but I know Edward needs time...
Sumi chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Oh god, no no no no no...

I just found this story today and couldn't stop reading until now.

I've been close to tears several times while reading it and wish I would have found this story already being colmplete, so I just could continue right away.

I can't wait for the next chapter!
secretsforme chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
This just absolutely ripped my heart apart. Really well done.
Julestwentysix chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
I knew when you said 'might be angsty' it would be heartbreaking and I was right. Poor Jasper left alone with his memories and misery with no one to talk to. I don't know how he will deal with the text become angry and fight to see him or become more depressed and closed off, I think he possibly needs to talk to his mum even though that will be hard.

I know Edward is going through a lot of emotions anger, grief and denial being just some of them. He's going to be angry with Jasper and afraid of rejection among other things.

Beautifully written I feel I am going through it all with these two, going to need more tissues. Jx
Kate714 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Love it!
ChloBoLow Hale chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Ooo angsty was right. That chapter was ruthless.

Fantastic!

And have I mentioned that I love all of the Beatles stuff! The wrote some of my all time favorite love songs. Beautiful.
kinney-69 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Oh no no no...Edward, please don't...*sniff*

I do understand that he will try and keep Jasper away "for his own good" but after all that they've been to each other I hope he will realize very soon that Jasper is not going to give up on him.

They love each other!

But oh how much he must be suffering...

But at least he wanted to hear Jasper's voice...singing to him...*sniff*

And poor poor Jasper...I just fell apart when he tried to keep Edward on the phone...and when he went to see him...telling him how much he loved him...and then Edward saying it was all his fault...*sobs*...It was like a punch in the stomach...but again I understand what he is trying to do. But still...that was heartbreaking.

And to top it all...that bastard driving drunk!

*sigh*..

It was good to have some hot smut though... :) Made me smile a little...

But Edward's "Don't try to see me. Leave me alone." made me start sobbing all over again...

Don't give up Jasper!

Amazing chapter as always bb. *hugs*
ivmiv chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
Oh, it's just so sad.

They're both hurting so much
ktblove chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
O man that is so sad... :( Poor Jasper.
clairdeluneisgreat chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
*sniffles* and so it begins... Ed trying to push Jasper away. Such a sad but wonderful chapter.
Kristen618 chapter 5 . 9/13/2010
So sad! Poor Jasper. I'm sure that Edward thinks he is worth nothing now and that Jasper should move on. He thinks he is selflessly letting him go...if he only knew he Jasper was suffering for it. I just want to give them both a big hug! Thanks - great story!
3,580 | « Prev Page 1 .. 210 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 230 .. Last Next »