Reviews for Summer of my German soldier: Alt Ending
Lisa Cooper chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
I loved the ending of your story. Thank you, L.
everlastingtrueromance chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Oh My goodness that was amazing, it was so romantic that they ran away together and the before they died they told each other they loved each other once more. Brilliant if i had ended this way it would have even been better, it was so sad that he died and she lived in the book. But it was a good book none the less.
deziprincess88 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Awwww... so sad but cute... I like it. :)
MysticWolf1 chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
I have read Summer of my German Soldier about three times over the years, and although I loved the story, I hated the way it ended.

I also often wondered what would have happened if she had run away with him. I had wished the author could have at least let him get away, or be recaptured. I hated that Anton died in the story.

Your version may have worked if Patty had been a bit older, but at 12 years old she was still just a child. At 22 Anton was a young man and he would never have allowed Patty to come with him unless there were extraordinary circumstances.

The book was from Patty's pov and it hinted that Patty probably had a crush on Anton, and he probably felt strongly toward her after getting to know her, and all the help she gave him, but I kind of doubt his feelings would have been romantic since she was only 12_ 14 or 15 maybe, but for a 22 year old to have romantic feelings toward a 12 year old would make him seem a bit of a Pedophile.

It was a let down when they ended up getting killed in NY at the end. The death scene would have been beautiful in a Bonnie and Clyde scenario, but again Patty was just a child, and they were unarmed; logically the police would have gone for capture rather than kill. And Anton would have been insane to even think about taking Patty (a Jewish girl) to Germany with him during WW2.

I loved your basic idea, but it needs thought out a bit more.
korra chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
i love that book i never thought id see fan fiction about it... ur ending was so sad but it makes sense.
Ifab1ndiya chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Sad ending but lovely ending ending.

I think if they didn't explore & used disguises(hair color, make up) and lied low they could've made it.
SonomaCurtis chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Oh, just fantastic! I love it! I always hated the ending to that spectacular bok and I dearly love yours better!
Alicia Roth chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
TRULY WRITTEN WELL *CLAPS* AMAZING ...INTELLIGENT... INCREDIBLE
J chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
I like this better than the book because they are dying together and are safe from anything that can hurt them now in heaven. It is very sweet
rose rosie chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
wow is all i can say i loved it