Reviews for Power Ten
fuz chapter 15 . 8/31
I enjoyed this story very much.
Thank you.
JasiHT chapter 1 . 8/6
I read this several years ago & after a recent conversation about rowing, it popped into mind. I accidentally (and happily) came across it in another writer's favorites list, since I apparently forgot to add it to mine. I love the glossary of terms & explanations at the end of the chapter. A handy reference in which to refer back.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 8/5
So many things still open. Did Bella and Edward eventually marry? Does that relationship beginning with his father get any bigger? Did Edward make the Olympic team? Does he accept the assistant coaching position? Does Bella get offered the very same from Esme when she is close to graduation? I really want all of those questions answered with a yes. Thank you for wrapping up about two thirds of the things, bringing the story to a decent close though. Maybe an epilogue someday with all those answers? Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 8/4
Fun chapter. I was wondering when you'd have them christen that boathouse. It fit perfectly here. Her taunting during his class, was all kinds of fun. The competition was also fun to read. I'm guessing he scored very high, if his teammates and Bella were so proud of him. You never gave his final time. Just what he and Bella worked him up to before the actual event. I'm sad there is only one more chapter, as I don't think it's enough to finish the story. She's only a sophomore and he's a senior. So there's at least two years before she's even done with school. Plus, his Olympic dreams. Was hoping for at least a wedding for them. That's entirely too much for one last chapter. Eek!
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 8/4
His mother is a witch and his father just lets her do whatever she wants. Clearly to avoid the confrontation. Those two were so cold and icy that I am really surprised there is an Edward at all. At what point did they let loose enough to create him? Hank and Marcia were both wonderful people. It makes me wish for Edward to suddenly become very wealthy, just to steal those two away from his parents. Then, just keeping them retired in his employ but not working. Just letting them enjoy their latter years. How awful to be around his parents day in and day out. His mother was awful. I very much liked that Bella stood up to her, not once but, twice. Go Bella! Edward roaring out his anger over Christmas breakfast was fantastic. They never should've treated him so poorly. It was about time that he stood up to them. Having a strong woman by your side can do wonderful things for a man's strength. I'm glad they left and showed they won't put up with that crap. Edward's girt to Bella . . . the initials . . . GAH! So perfect. She truly appreciated it so very much. The fact that she got what his mother clearly wanted, was effing priceless. The reason his mother didn't get it in the first place, was because Elizabeth thought of it as material and not sentimental. Edward appreciated it for what it is, sentimental. As did Bella.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 8/4
That was a wonderful chapter. I loved that he got so nervous as they landed, when he suddenly remembered he would be meeting Bella's father . . . the Chief of Police. Too funny. I really liked his introductory speech to Charli. I think Charlie did too. Bella even told him how much she loved what he said. I liked that they got some alone time in her childhood bedroom. Texting to get him to come into her room, made it even more fun. Him knowing how to make stuffing was a bonus. I really liked his talk with Charlie after dinner as well. I hope Charlie makes it to a race. It would mean so very much to Bella. Not sure if that will hurt Charlie too much though. I hope he had been quite active in his son and his preferred sport, before it claimed his life. He took him fishing, that has to mean he's accepted Edward, right? Very much enjoyed the ILY's and that Bella said it first. It seems perfect for them that she did.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 8/4
You know, I'd wondered if her joining the team went deeper than Alice pestering her to do so. Did not know her brother's story would be so sad though. For that matter, didn't know she had a brother, since this is all EPOV. I do like that he is going with her to Forks. She'll be waiting at the airport for him for quite the long time since he said his had several connections. I imagine hers will only have one connection. I'm glad she opened up to him on the plane. Without him asking, too. She may have only done it because when they get to her dad's house, he'd bring it up somehow. Not knowing he didn't know and she never told him. It was good she told him on her own. I can see why he'd feel the way he does too. Wondering why she never trusted him enough to tell him and that hurt him. He was the last to know in their immediate group. The others on the eight most likely don't know but, they shouldn't have to know. Edward deserved to know. Glad he does now.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 8/3
I was glad she remembered pieces, well most of, the previous night. I had worried she wouldn't. I understood Bella's embarrassment the next morning and not replying to Edward. I was glad that Alice actually helped Edward, since she seems to be against him being with Bella. She shocked me by thanking him for taking care of Bella. His time out on the water was very good for him. He really thinks well out there. I was very happy Bella showed up at the end of his ride on the water. Even hugging and then kissing him. I really liked their date. It was sweet. Them talking more about their parents opening up about things. I hope Edward brings Bella with him, home for Christmas. It seems she may have no place to go, since she skirted the issue. I'm still so glad their first time wasn't a drunken romp. Instead it was wonderful and just perfect for them.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 8/3
I was all for the fun drinking. I was all for the dancing. I was all for them making out. I was soooooooo happy you stopped them from their first time in bed together being drunk. M probably the only one that was happy you stopped them. After everything they've been through, they deserve to be sober he they connect intimately. I'm sure Bella will,only remember him stopping and not all the things he said. Especially when she needed to throw up the whole time he was saying everything to her. She had to have been distracted.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 8/3
If he doesn't work, how will he pay for that boot to be removed? Since he didn't pay any of the other ticket that gave him the boot in the first place. I liked that she undressed him. I liked that he suddenly got modest and had to use her comforter to cover up. Alice's reappearance was surprising, as she did say she was doing laundry and visiting a friend. Strange that she was back so soon. I loved that they go to kissing and a lot of it. Even opened up a bit about their parents. Bella kept using past tense with the little boy she had the crush on. Did he pass away?
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 8/3
Why is Alice so mean? She's really kind of an awful person. I think she's supposed to be coming off stern and/or sarcastic but, she's just plain mean. I'd noticed it when she was the coxswain in the first chapter. She's gotten worse. I was glad that Bella and Edward worked their crap out. I guess from that closing author note, that it really isn't over yet. That she is still going to be angry with him.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 8/3
I was so glad that the team blamed the right person in Edward. Thank you for that. He was way out of line and cost them the race and the bet. His anger at her and being so positive that the team would want her gone, was making me think he was delusional. Then when Mike said the team would keep Bella and remove him, it hit home and he backpedaled. I was too worried about chafing and injuries, for any of that naked rowing to be even remotely sexy. Especially when he was going on and on about which parts were hurting and what was chafing. Plus, men can be rather unclean and knowing they had naked guts on those rowing seats, leaving behind who knows what, made me naseaus. Nope, not sexy in the least. *shivers* I was glad that he finally realized how wrong he was while out on that water though. His epiphany made me happy. I also liked that she agreed to stick it out and not quit the team.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 8/3
Loved the whole scene of their dinner and him relaxing her, all the while him getting more and more amped up. The race was horrible. He refused to listen to her and it caused them to lose and almost collide with the other boats. She said it right, he let ego get in the way of listening to her. I bet she had it all planned out and they would've won, had he bothered to listen to her. I also hope that each of his teammates, and more importantly the coach, tell him so. It was him that went against what she was telling them to do and they followed because that is their responsibility. Although, any one of them could've told Edward to knock it off and listen to her, and they chose not to. So, it was a team screw up after all. The blame lies at Edward's feet. I loved that her punching him resulting in him throwing up. He deserved it for placing the blame with her, when it was all his fault.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 8/2
I wonder if Alice and Carlisle are in cahoots with one another? Punching the two of them together this way. I don't think they could be any closer, unless they were naked an rolling around in the sheets. And, I don't think they're ready for that aspect of their relationship yet. I liked that Edward had her notebook. That he read some of it, yay. I really liked the phrase you out it French too. I thank you for translating it. It was rather pretty.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 8/2
Well, I'm glad they made nice with each other. She still froze, when it was time for her to call commands . . . and that was just a simulator. Why does Alice have so much confidence in her when she doesn't even know the commands? Me thinks that Alice needs to spend more time teaching Bella, before she leaves the eight behind and ruins their chances altogether in heir senior year.