Reviews for Power Ten
dreampills chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
LOL, why is the boy such a doofus? / thank goodness bella stood up for herself!
SabLuvsLogan chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Freakin' awesome update! Holy UST girlie. Can't wait for the next update :D

~ GGSophie
justwanttoread chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Too bad his ego got the best of him ... And after such a wonderful evening too...
Hezpixie chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
THAT WAS THE BEST ENDING EVER.

Seriously, I am so glad that Bella punched his ass. He deserved it. She was doing SO WELL for her first race, and he turned into a class A Asshole. Gah! Seriously, so so so good. AND they lost the race. I cannot wait to see them row naked!

Amazing chapter, my dear!
laurafc1107 chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
awwww! I was so glad when I saw this morning the update alert! I love Strokeward! great chapter, as ever
ethelouise chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Glad you're back! I really like this story and its unique setting. I love learning about rowing, too. I look forward to your updates!
FluffyZGiggler chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
this story really is a good time, and I'm enjoying the comfortable equality of rowing and romance. I'm also probably one of the few readers you have who doesn't actually need most of the glossary, and not because I row but because I knew rowers in the past.
TinyLitleDragon chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
well I hope as hell the others will blame edward, not Bella for the failure.. Great chap as ever, btw. i would punched him in his pretty face, she was too gentle... :)
shaz308 chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Interesting chapter, looks like a bit of sucking up on Edward's part is due. Thanks for the update.
mulhollanddrive chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Yes, finally a crew B/E fanfic! Between The Social Network and reading Georgetown's coxswain's blog I've had Ivy League crew on the brain so this is awesome! Totally imagining Edward as a Winklevoss ;) I'm excited to get past chapter 1...please continue this!
ARAbiAN bEAUty chapter 5 . 11/7/2010
This story is so funny I absolutely love it.
PopsicleToes chapter 5 . 11/7/2010
Gah!

Can I just say how much I love this fic - and especially this chapter. That massage was, well, it was dayum hawt! Glad those two connected in that way. And I really love that Bella finally found her voice.

If there were any time for a BPOV of a chapter, it would most definitely be this one. I know a lot of authors are not comfortable switching back and forth between chapters, but I would so love to get in Bella's mind to get her reaction not only to the massage, but to her fight with E - I have a sneaking suspicion she's off fighting off her angry tears somewhere - and boy I would like to be in her head.

The only thing I might offer in the way of a critique would be the way you bold-face the glossary terms within the body of the fic. Personally, from a reader's standpoint, I find them terribly distracting. They just slow down the read because the terms aren't melded into the narrative, and the bold words scream out "look at me, I'm a glossary word and you need to pay attention." Readers who don't understand should know to consult the glossary you have provided at the beginning of the chapter. Truth be told, it just kind of reminds me of those text books you get in middle or high school where the "learning words" are highlighted for the reader.

I think you can be confident enough in the way you are using the technical terms to give readers the benefit of the doubt - and their abilities to look up the words provided - especially this far into the fic.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from with that.

Keep on writing. You're doing great. CAN'T WAIT til the next update.
alli62 chapter 4 . 10/3/2010
It's good. I like it and i like this Bella a lot. She's so sweet and sincere. I think she has it bad for him but he is not there yet.
Swino chapter 4 . 9/9/2010
Apologies for being so slow at reviewing, I hate it when work gets in the way of fic life. As I briefly said in my tweet, I am really enjoying your story plus I am learning a lot about rowing. I live in Sydney near where a number of the boat crews dock/are housed and I see them out there every morning so now I have a new interest as I head off to work.

Edward is getting in deep isn’t he, little things are drawing him into her and I am sure he is really worked up about it as he likes to control everything and this is probably one thing he cant control.

I don’t know how I would learn everything let alone the commands (prevy as they are) so I certainly understand Bella, plus she is slightly clumsy (that certainly doesn’t help) and also has a tendency for self harm (banging her head against a rigger). Lucky Strokeward was there to comfort her! Plus I would be do heaps of fist pumps if I remembered anything.

But Bella also appears to be quite taken with our boy, “Rowing is a perfect mix of raw, masculine strength and feminine grace” amongst other things. Plus her words in the notebook, a little heart ache perhaps.

They certainly are growing that connection that Coach Carlisle wants them to have. Edward may soon be in unchartered territories!
jarkin33 chapter 4 . 9/9/2010
Great chapter.. Strokeward is just in denial isn't he?

I can't wait for these two to get in a boat on the water!

Thanks for sharing & looking forward to the next update

xo