Reviews for The Piano Player
Awww! Kind of cute.
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
This is lovely!
Silvertongued Dreams chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
In all actuality, Gillette's first name is Phillip,. as one of the writers said in an interview. Also this was sorta bordering on slash so you might wanna... up the rating?

~ Norrieo
Sachita chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
I love stories about Norrington and Gillette and their friendship. It's just a different spin on the whole saga, one that I fully enjoy, because we so rarely see this perspective. Great job and I also love playing the piano. :)
mynameisgirl chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Good job! I like how James was given a more sociable image through this story. Most people, I believe, would not associate him with music. Same for Gilette.

And yes, James really ought to smile more. 3

Keep writing!

ggggggggg4sd chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
i hate that feeling of wanting to do something but you cant from lack of time or skill. but nice story :D
duchessloki chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
What a lovely one-shot! This was wonderful, I love it. You made Gillette a far more likeable character in this. It's a definite favourite for me.:)

xx darkness xx
Nytd chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Nice to see some more writing from you!

I could certainly see a man like James, who has so much responsibility, continually promising himself that someday he'll have time to learn the piano, even though he knows that it's not likely with the little time his duties leave him.

The dinner party was a fun look at the earliest days when James first gets to know his officers.

I have to admit that Gillette is certainly not my favorite character in canon, but here, when he's young and first getting to know the captain, you've managed to make him seem more human and a little more likeable.

It was also nice to see this piece remain in the realm of friendship, something that was likely awkward enough at first between officers of differing rank.

As usual, a nicely written story! :)