Reviews for Fast
John Spangler chapter 1 . 4/12
What the...that's why Rei is a vegetarian! A good interpretation, and realistic too!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
fufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufu!
SkyeandMax chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
OK that was um... special. The cat thing I kind of saw coming, I hoped I was wrong, but I sort of expected it and was ready to accept your logic on that point and move on to greener fiction pastures as soon as I finished.

But seriously? a four year old murdering a trained security agent? I'm not sure which is more stupid, the idea of a person as selfless and purposeful as Rei killing someone for no reason or the idea of her doing it at FOUR?

You disturb me, on a very deep level.

-Max
mistakenot chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Your summary was a blatant lie. Not that I expected any different.

As soon as the cat ate the mouse, I predicted all that followed. Except the omake, of course.

Your story is awful. I loved it.
Ghost chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
YOU LIED! I CANNOT UNSEE! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
It's... different. I'll grant you that. That omake is just so many shades of wrong. ::chuckles::
Virusir chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
This story was so wrong on many levels, that I could not help but love it. The point of all this was to inform us on why Rei dislikes eating meat.

GOOD JOB!

:D
Karg42 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Aww, little Rei is eating the flesh of her little pet kitty after eviscerating a grown mans skull. How positively adorable!

Okay, this was good. Believable, (even 4-year-old Rei living alone, as Gendo is a bit of a prick) engaging, and perfectly in character. I like.
TheAncientTree chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
I should have know it would turn out like this. Damn that summary for tricking me.

I wanted to see if you were going to write something other than strange angst.

Still, I liked it.
Alpha Taco chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
WOW this is good.
Fresh C chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I liked it. Simple, disturbing, and plausible. You did a very nice job describing the cat's hunting tactics and relating those to Gendo's scenarios. That was the highlight of the story for me.

The conclusion was... well pretty messed up, but again plausable. Since she has no idea of morality and sees things in such simple terms, it's believable that she'd do something like that without much emotion.

Though I wonder how willing she would be to fall into Gendo's Cannonical trap... maybe her genetics gave her no choice in the matter.

In any case, good work. The omake made me laugh.
Leserlich chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Another well-done story, another remarkably creepy Rei (I) (you have a real talent for writing this character).

I particulary like the buildup of the story and how ultimatively Deconstruction/Subversion of the tropes 'Pet the dog'/'Morality pet' was.

I wonder how the second Akagi would think about the 'cat-incident'.

It would be certainly another good reason for her to dislike Rei despite the innocence of the latter incarnations and yet at the same time it is something else they have in common.
Des Shinta chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
That...was quite clever. Admittedly I could see Rei 1 living alone at that period of Time, Gendo never came off as a competent caretaker.
Zed Tea chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Now I'm imagining a scene in which, following another activation, Gendo says:

"You do not like to eat the flesh of any animal. And, for the record, in this case humans DO count as animals."

Good job, man, and don't worry, my disbelief was firmly suspend. I think any possible plot holes were ignored over the awesomeness that was reading a decent, insightful Evangelion fic with Rei in it that had 0% romance or fluff. And, of course, solid writing and an exquisitely dark sense of humor also helped.

...Although, to be honest, it is not that hard to imagine Gendo leaving a four year old girl to fend off for herself. Not exactly the caring and nurturing kind, that man.
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
This... was scary.

The evangelion-kind of scary, which I suppose is a good thing, but still... scary.

I really loved the slightly sarcastic description of the world, like the city being rebuilt after the devastations of the 2nd Impact.

There were powerful turns/all saying-simple lines in this, like suggesting that Rei intentionally mocked Naoko with her knowdlege about what Gendo tends to say with just three words, or when she killed the cat and the section 2 guy. Like a child playing, ripping the wings off an insect or making a frog explode by putting salt on it... Innocence is not always a good thing...

I always thought that Rei I was slightly scary.