Reviews for Degrassi: The Boring Point, A Parody
Amethyst Beloved chapter 23 . 3/27/2016
Okay, I recant my previous comment about Riley and Zane being a part of Sav's class because I clearly remember that they were not in the Season 11 "Steal Your Heart" music video promo, which happens to be my favourite out of the four. No wonder he was seen hanging around The Three Tenners and entertaining the thought of an affair with Ms. Oh.

I like how the characters are beginning to mention Tumblr. Degrassi fandoms predates that social media platform and message boards were where fans used to go to congregate. Isn't it funny how the clothing department takes the time to separate the grades by shirt colours but then storylines mix up the grades regardless? I guess that's why I wasn't more attentive of who was wearing what. Even though Fiona was the show-runner's all time favourite character, I like how you explained that she was held back because of her lesbian status.

Marisol coming after KC to give her a real character status was funny and extra points for referencing Pinnochio. Do you remember why Imogen threw herself on the ground to give herself a nosebleed and blame it on Eli? The "Miles cut my hair" Esme parallel is pretty hilarious.

"But I'll bet if someone got a crush on Ms. Oh, all the other guys would be like 'oh YEAH get some,' whereas when Paige had a crush on Matt all her friends were like, 'eew pedo!'" - Too true. Which is why girls were even more angry at Degrassi romanticising Sav and Ms. Oh.

Atlantaenea cameos are awesome. I recommended this fic to my friend who recently watched Boiling Point and he was telling me how he loved the way you made her out to be the most perfect Mary Sue. I'm very curious to see her in her role as Holly J's mother.

I think it was the fact that Eli had Clare on the brain that the ninjas were holding back. As long as he had some representation of Clare in his life. As Triles fans, we were a lot happier seeing Miles spout out "And Tristan also sucks" as opposed to forgetting that he dated him in 14B.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 22 . 3/20/2016
The Keke Palmer episodes kick off the beginning of Season 11 if I remember correctly. Reading your chapters is the best way to refresh my memories of these Degrassi episodes. I do remember being very impressed with Bianca's dancing, feeling very uncomfortable with Fiona parading around in her bikini in front of Charlie and the Drianca gang stuff. It's kind of heartbreaking to read about Drew dreading the fact that he'll be killed off (and using the excuse that he has a brother on the show as a reason for why he was important) when the writers would kill off said brother two seasons later. Wait, was Sav really the only guy in grade 12? I never even noticed. I remember Holly J, Anya and Chantay being part of his graduating class but there had to be more than that. Riley and Zane were a part of that class too but even with that logic Sav is still the only straight guy.

I liked your comments of how the Eclare fandom didn't know what to do with themselves when Eli and Clare broke up. It's kind of the opposite of the Zaya fandom who didn't know what to do with themselves when Zig and Maya got together after waiting three years.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 21 . 12/27/2015
It sounds like Eli was using the bad habits that he developed for hoarding and applying it to Clare in terms of wanting to keep her and being unwilling to give her the freedom of doing other things. People were actually shipping Bullfrog with Mr. Simpson? The fandom was a wild place before I came around. Bullfrog sure said, "and stuff" a lot in your fic. I hope the character wasn't that dedundant in his dialogue.

I remember the running joke about Anya being the number one LGBT supporter. Cheapnovelty also made a jab at that. You sure know how to get major mileage out of KC's "basketball" line. Descriptions such as, "ripping the basketball hoop out of the ground and snapping it in half with his teeth" have me rolling!

As yes, Eli crashing his hearst was memorable where as I really don't recall the events surrounding Jenna delivering her baby.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 20 . 12/20/2015
I also thought it was weird when Chantay became Holly J's best friend all of a sudden. Your opening theme is always the best. So on point. Bhandarco is a cool ship name, but it could easily apply to Alli and Johnny (no clue about their ship name). I liked your explanation for why there was no longer a gifted program. Nice way of bringing in your own college experience to discredit the Degrassi logic. I had no idea that there were so many plot holes in the Bhandari family storyline until you pointed them out.

"Ever since the movie Twilight came out, unrealistic expectations have been set about teenage love." Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Way to pair up Atlantaenea and Tingsley out of the blue.

Awww, Fiona and Holly J actually kissed and there was no follow up? How frustrating since I know how much you shipped them. Even though it seemed that Fiona's orientation was established and wrapped up in a handful of episodes, there are some people who believe that her coming out story started long before that with her erratic behaviour, such as kissing Declan.

Nice jab of how a lot of people in the fandom can't spell the characters' names right with the announcement of Imogen.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 19 . 12/17/2015
I don't remember how I felt about the Fitz finding Jesus storyline. Oh well, if anything would peak Clare's interest, it would be that. The way that you described how the drum audition went was precious. I liked how you made Xanath the connection between Fitz and finding religion.

I think Sav hiring Drew as his drummer would be the last time there would be anything Dralli related until they graduate. Did Holly J really go from complaining about math homework to saying that she should be a lesbian? I like it when you make cameos in your parodies, Zoë.

The DegrassiTalks podcast girls had a field day over Johnny coming back, which is hilarious because I'm listening to The-N's podcasts around the time that Lakehurst merged with Degrassi and Johnny was a major creep.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 18 . 12/17/2015
So I'm on the bus headed for Toronto and even though I have wi-fi, YouTube is blocked and my podcasts keep getting cut off. Smooth catch of Dave doing a 180 from tazering Wesley because he had no friends to being friends with his classmates all along. As abnoxious as Wesley and KC was when gloating to Drew about how they weren't single, it's true that relationship drama makes the character relevant. The Riley and Anya scenes were sweet. It's refreshing when a guy and a girl can be friends and there's 0 chance of sexual tension between them. I liked Bianca calling out Drew as a bad boyfriend. I'm glad that you found the "Drew's the best drummer" thing as obscure as I did. I felt so bad for Alli when her mother caught her with the cigarette. Indian parents may be shy about The Talk, but they will stop at no end about the dangers of smoking. It sounds like it was hard to buy the Drew-KC-Dave trio. I guess considering the amount of hate Jenna got for breaking up Klare, it's understandable why she's so bitter against Bianca for breaking up Drew. High Drew? I almost forgot that happened, haha.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 17 . 7/2/2015
The show has a ridiculous amount of school events and a high attendance rate at that. The girls from The Degrassi Experience commented that not a lot of people went to their school's dances. Re: the Anya's mom getting cancer plotline, the hosts from the DegrassiTalks podcast were talking about how it could have been an interesting way to tell a story about teens dealing with a parent being sick. But it really was a way to get Anya and Dr. Chris together, wasn't it?

"Everyone at Degrassi can either play an instrument or act." - that line is so true! And if they don't play an instrument or act, they're fabulous dancers like Bianca and Jack. I was fond enough of the Dave/Sadie story to remember it and reading your parody was lovely. The Holly J choking at Anya's request is still a moment that's being reblogged on Tumblr to this day. Nice Life With Derek mother reference for Fadam! I never watched the show myself but there were enough people who had fun with the coincidence. Especially when Season 13 started and there was talk about Mr. Hollingsworth's "other family".

Fiona was hitting on Clare? FiClare! [insert heart eyed emoji]. Hahaha! I don't remember this scene, but reading about Fiona and Eli makes me happy because they grew to be pretty close.

Ha, were people that uninterested in Drianca? They were treated as the golden couple that should have stayed together after Bianca broke off the engagement in Season 13. Probably the gang plot and almost marriage solidified them for the fans.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 16 . 6/26/2015
Announcer guy is really great. You write him so well. I loved how unimpressed Holly J was during his spiel. Your adoration for Folly J really shines in this chapter and I really enjoyed that. My favourite part is when you jumped in as yourself and were talking about how you called Folly J since season nine. Did they really threaten Eli's life? Hard to imagine considering that he graduated back in Season 12 and is still rattling around in Season 14...
Amethyst Beloved chapter 15 . 6/26/2015
Okay, so now that I see that the Sav and Jenna thing was just a plot device to get her and KC back together, it makes more sense why it's wiped away from my memory. I wonder who this Jess person was that the fandom speculated about. I liked the way you poked fun at the Wesley and Anya plot. Man, the promos must have left a lot of people confused. I really enjoyed the congregation of the empty shells of the characters who never got developed that kidnaped Fiona to convince her to fall in love with Adam.

All right, you have me intrigued. Who in the world is this manufactured boy band made up of teenage boys with emo haircuts and feelings that girls really like because they're not sexually threatening? I still wouldn't buy their CD, though.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 14 . 6/22/2015
You weren't kidding about this being the Really Nutty chapter. Did Clare really go that insane? Can't say I recall even though I do remember the hoarder plot and the tazer story. I'm more fond of Wesley and Dave more than ever considering that their class is graduating and they got shipped off to the Degrassi Bermuda Triangle. Drew and Fiona is making me go blank. I liked the way you made a cameo to pat Eli on the back after he said that Clare was being ridiculous.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 13 . 6/15/2015
The Bianca prediction about her pulling a Jay and becoming an awesome human being came true! Ha, I remember when we thought Alli being shipped to an all-girl school was a write-off. Were we ever wrong. There's that joke where Drew goes after every girl Adam liked at Degrassi but I can't remember Drew/Fiona for the life of me. I love the way you mentioned how Eli's parents must read fanfiction.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 12 . 6/15/2015
What a strong chapter. The conversation between Holly J and edward_cullen - _can_go_die_- cuz_declan_is_- way_hotter_227 was the best way to show how ridiculous the Declan stans were acting and you weaved through some solid information in there as well. Nice catch on the reused uniforms. I think during the next hiatus I might rewatch the episodes starting from mid-Season 11 and I'll try to keep all of this in mind.

The Edwards' divorcing really was out of the blue, isn't it? Because Tristan mentioned that he was having troubles at home on two occasions, my fanfic writing friends are painting a turbulent picture if his parents are interacting.

The use of all those song lyrics was golden.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 11 . 5/16/2015
The Fiona that I remember is the one who dated Imogen even if I was there for the whole ride. Seeing her interact with Declan and Holly J really gets to be nostalgic. Even if I’m not into Declan. I liked how you referred Holly J as Fiona’s nemesis/best friend/girlfriend/rival to cater to all of your readers’ opinions. I love your “everyone on Degrassi ends up at least semi-trying to date everyone else at some point” because it’s SO TRUE. Drew is the perfect example and Tristan staged-dated Maya in Paris.

Declan’s show of wanting Holly J to take him back was everything. What a champion groveller! Wow at Mrs. Edwards complaining like no tomorrow. I guess this is around the time of the divorce. By the way, with all of her screaming she’s giving Mrs. Torres a run for her money. Nice callback to the vibrator — what a plot! I have absolutely no recollection of the District Theatre Awards. Nice cameo by the Voice of Reason.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 10 . 4/17/2015
And so the reign of the ugly school uniforms begin. It will be a long season for these cast members. Ha, ha, Clare's character comes full circle with another uniform. I will never stop praising your intro. It was creative to change the words to fit the music. Ah, Instant Star. Never watched it, but I remember its run right on the tail of the first season of Canadian Idol. It was Epitome's baby. Pff, instead of fiddling around with Open Heart they should just give us MOAR DEGRASSI. Awww, desperate Chantay. It's a wonder she managed to graduate. I don't recall "Don't Be A Slut Class". I love the way Love Queen is sticking around because you make it hilarious every time. To be honest, I don't remember Alli and Bianca's cat fight. Probably because the Season 12 music video of the Bianca/Katie fight is fresher in my memory. Simpson has "parent-phobia"? Why am I not surprised. I enjoyed your PTSD interjection. Ha, Jack Simspon was mentioned in 13B. **Applaudes Simpsons' soliloquy.** Sometimes I miss KC but then again, what the heck would he be doing in Season 14? I like the new faces. Still, I'm enjoying him immensely in this chapter, rage and all. Very nice Mia/Jenna parralel. I liked the pun even if it wasn't intended. You know, we all thought that Alli was going to leave the show after she transferred to the all girl school in Season 11. Then we thought she was going to enter college early in Season 12. But nope, there she is in Season 14, graduating with the rest of her grade like a normal person.

Thanks for making my late shift at work (where I get LOTS of downtime) entertaining! Have a good weekend.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 9 . 4/17/2015
Yup, still here! This season 14 hiatus is killing us and I desperately need a Degrassi fix to keep me going.

On to the Filler Chapter. I wonder who was pre-Season 11 Jess. Ouuu, so we meet an Eli fangirl. What an irrational creature. Loved how you called out Degrasi on their unnaturally long school year. And little fangirl, of course Chantay is a super senior. She was kicking it with Manny and Emma back in her prime. I didn't expect Xanath to make a comeback. Nice jab at Twilight. OMG, just when I thought that your theme song parody couldn't get any funnier, you just went ahead and intellectuallized it! Fantastic! Oh yay, it's the Eclare ninjas. Nice spiel about the downfall of women trying to be in dependant on Degrassi. Wow, the return of Love Queen! Yup, you didn't spare her for a second.

Eli: "Take all the time you need. I was, after all, created to be your boyfriend so you have until we get too old to play teenagers to make up your mind."

Oh sweetie, if you only knew what the writers had in store for you...