Reviews for Upstaged
KayValo87 chapter 6 . 8/18/2013
For a nice guy, Virgil can be evil when he wants to be ... as well as Gordon ... and Alan ... sometimes even John ... and Scott ... but, I guess that is a sibling's prerogative. :)

Awesome story. I have to take a break now, but I'll check out the next one soon.
KayValo87 chapter 5 . 8/18/2013
You know, it almost looks like Jeff came up with IR as a way for his sons to have safety equipment when the inevitably found trouble ... just an observation. ;)

I love how Virgil was still confused about why he didn't want to see Gordon, never mind what happened at the McClauley house. Poor kid.

One chapter to go ...
KayValo87 chapter 4 . 8/18/2013
So, I got halfway through this chapter before sleep finally won. (No reflection on your writing, it was well after 2am here.)

Now that I finished it with a slightly clearer head ... I think McCauley is in a world of trouble when Gordon gets hold of him.
KayValo87 chapter 3 . 8/18/2013
*gasp* VIRGIL! NO!

Okay, I WAS going to finish this chapter and go to bed, but now it looks like i won't be getting much sleep tonight. I don't even remember this part from my first read through ... well, I DID remember the part about the plant stomping on James, but that was as far as I could recall.

Anyway, better keep reading to see what happens ...
KayValo87 chapter 2 . 8/17/2013
Is it just me, or was Gordon a little bit TOO happy at the prospect of eating McCauley?

My favorite line(s) of this chapter:

"Louise Bailey? She liked him? But he liked Alice... who liked Virgil... who liked Melanie - who at least liked him back."

Lol, you gotta love high school. :)
KayValo87 chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
I read this story a long time ago but for some reason didn't leave any reviews. not gonna make THAT mistake again.

Great start, I love the set up with Gordon and Virgil, especially their talk in the art room. (When it comes to physical harm, so like them to think of the other first.)
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
Ooh! So many brilliant bits here, but I couldn't say them all if I tried!

I just thoughth that this was brilliant! Girl trouble, jealousy, bullies, drama. This had it all!

You seriously made me panic at Virgil being hit, but I'm really glad that it was all resolved in the end!

Loved the bit about IR being told to the boy one by one, and Virgil's complete refusal to tell Gordon, with the comeback of 'I can keep a secret', backfiring on the redhead.

Love this! Xx
McHammy chapter 6 . 8/17/2010
A standing ovation goes to Silver Bee!

This was a great story Bee. I thoroughly enojyed it. I am amazed at the Scott & Katie Reynolds story because I get the impression you did not set out to write this, yet you have obviously given it great thought and written it so well. It just gels together with the previous chapters so well. You should be proud. And to think Virgil did it! What other secrets does he have?

I do hope more stories emerge from such a creative mind.
Sam1 chapter 6 . 8/16/2010
Poor Virgil really had a time of it lately. Glad that Jeff saw it and had that talk with him. Nice of Gordon to offer some quality time with his big brother whilst his girlfriend had plans. *shakes head* Gordy really needs to be less obvious that he's bored.

Snicker. Virgil did have a bit of an ornery streak in him. Poor Scott, if he only knew what exactly happened. No, wait, that would put Virgil in danger...Don't listen to me. You do enough damage and harm to Virg without my help. LOL

Anyway, I'm sorry that this story is finished cos I really looked forward to your updates. Any knew TB stories planned?
Agent Nova chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
Brilliant!

I'm so pleased Virgil recovered quickly and James got caught. And the story behind Scott's undignified rejection was a lovely (and very amusing) way to finish off - a wonderful ending to a fantastic story.

I actually got a shiver of excitement at the hint of International Rescue being on the cards. :)

Sue.
Math Girl chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
Poor Katie... I definitely feel for the girl, stumbling onto stuff written about her by someone she was halfway in love with. That's a crushing blow to a teenaged girl, and Virgil is lucky that the backfire wasn't worse. Certainly does answer the "What happened between Scott and Katie" question. Please... Please tell me that Virgil's romantic path will have some equivalent twists and turns. The rascal certainly deserves it...! Great ending to a wonderful story, Bee. )
bubzchoc chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
great chapter poor scott wud of loved to seen scott's reaction tho lol
GinnyStar chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
Well written, good inaction, and good background, IR what the chat was about?
MitzyTN chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
that was genuinely funny. And I suppose Scott did deserve it. And so James is punished, Virgil is safe and sound and Gordon gets the girl. Happy ending all around!
whirlgirl chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
Great ending. I was waiting to see what you had in store for us since that last chapter seemed to wrap things up nicely. I was thinking maybe James was still young enough for juvenile court and thats why he confessed after Ross was charged. This is better. Thanks for clarifying Grandma for me. And who knew Virgil could be such a brat? Oh well, if it still bothers him he can just consider it his contribution to giving Scott a more well rounded character. Alice came to bat for Gordon after Virgil was run down, but Mel seems to be out of the picture. It's good that Jeff brought Virgil on board with the Project. The prospect of working with his brothers would appeal to him. Thank goodness he's off to Denver in a little while or Gordon would bug him to death! Now that he knows something is up he may not mention it but I don't think Gordie will forget about it either.

Always love your stories Bee. Thanks for writing.