Reviews for When You're a Stranger
LadyJewel chapter 5 . 4/15/2003
Your story thus far is beautifully written. I would very much love for you to continue with it. Please!
Leanie chapter 5 . 4/5/2003
Hello! I love where this is going (i think). I'm a little lost on some of the things though, I got that Duke does not remember that he was a duck, (or never was depending on if it really is Duke and Dive is just in another world or something). I like that Duke is taking care of Dive and cannot wait for that slash that you promised. I like how you have Canard in this as well. I cannot wait to see how you explain everything and if Canard will still be there when and if everything goes back to the way that it should.

Maybe being a duck as all really a dream, maybe being human is a dream that he cannot wake from just yet cuz he has felt pain... Who knows yet. I cannot wait to know more.

Please put another chapter out soon. Thanks. )
physh chapter 5 . 3/4/2003
Whoo hoo! I checked in on this on a lark, and what do ya know, it's updated! This is still a wonderfull fic, and the guys are beautifuly in charater. Story is interesting too. Can't wait to see what happens next! Hope you update again very soon.
Orenda chapter 5 . 2/20/2003
Wow.. I can not believe how much I like this story so far! This is so cool.. You must continue this soon.. Please? You have a great style with both points of view, and you definitely have a way with keeping the plot moving and interesting, yet keep whatever you have in mind a secret. Poor Dive, I feel sorry for him. Now even *he* doesn't believe in his past. I must find out what happens!
Death Lord La chapter 5 . 2/10/2003
Another awesome chapter. I'm sure Iv'e mentioned it before, but you really have the characters down pact. I also enjoyed the very subtle hints ofslash on Dive's part. I'm glad Duke decided to take him in after all. Ca'twait till the next chapter.

Till then.
m jane chapter 5 . 2/10/2003
The story is great so far, keep up the great work. JUST ONE THING MAKE THE CHAPTERS A LOT LONGER. To me they are not long enough. Cant wait till chapter 5 is up,I check every day to see when the next chapter is going to be up. Thank you

M. jane
RaneyLee chapter 5 . 2/9/2003
AWW... man... poor Dive! Are they in a different reality and everyone's but Dive's memory taken away? Creepy... So... when will Dive be able to talk again? Ya know, I probably would've asked for somethin to write on instead of just stand there. Can't wait for more! I want to know what happens!
Icelightning chapter 2 . 2/7/2003
Wow! This is simply an amazing story! Kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.. I can't wait to see how the others are reflected in this story and how it turns out! *Cheers* It's great!
Lily C chapter 5 . 2/7/2003
La said it...DAMN. :)

(more later after I stop feeling and start thinking)
Death Lord La chapter 4 . 2/6/2003
damn...your good
Reona chapter 4 . 2/5/2003
I’ve waited so long for another chapter that I’d almost given up on you. This was awesome. Totally. Can’t wait for more.
Lily C chapter 4 . 2/4/2003
!

Thank you, Nix! Now I may breathe again which is a good thing because old wrinkly ladies look funny turning blue. The pacing on this is excellant and the terse stylalism of your sentence structure really works well. I like the fact that although, from Duke's point of view, everything is normal he still feels a connection to Dive, even if he does not know where it comes from. From this point you have a good chance to explore the differences between the human and the

alien identities of your characters and you have already laid the groundwork well in the first chapter when you had Dive comparing the difference in tactile sensation between his duck body and his human flesh. Well done!

But I have to admit to a little curiosity about

this version of the brotherhood. Does Human Duke have NO friends but Doc? And if not, how will he explain dragging a stranger into the "Hallowed (heeeeeHee)Halls"? I assume he WILL have to explain it, since appears he has not, as yet ascended to leadership. Or are we missing something?

Please update soon :)
RaneyLee chapter 4 . 2/4/2003
Ok... I'm confused... What? Duke doesn't realize he's human? And the Doc patched up his eye? Are we on Earth or Puckworld? Mypoor brain is VERY confused. I like the chapter though. Esspecially the 'respect the forks' part! _ Waht's Duke going to say now that he know's that's Dive? I can't wait for more!
M Jane chapter 4 . 2/4/2003
I would like to say I love the story so far. Cant wait till you get chapter 5 up and more. cant waite to see what happens in the next chapter.

Keep up the great work. Dont take to long to get the rest of the story up. I am not very good at waiting. Thank you for your time.

M. Jane
Ancai chapter 4 . 2/3/2003
Wonderful! I'm so glad you've updated. I'm very curious as to how Duke will react to Dive's story ... please, update again soon!

Let's see, some nitpicks ... the asterisks dividing notes from story come right after the end of the last paragraph of notes, which I imagine you didn't intend.

Not sure if it's "somebody or another" or "somebody or other," maybe both are valid. "...he says, with utter disgust," that last "oh" might be better in quotation marks, "it would even if nothing was broken."

"Even if he saved my life" sentence; forgot to capitalize "yeah."

"The kid's eyes light up..." paragraph; there's a period after "it's" instead of "..."

(I like the "respect the forks" line. D )

And, the final asterisks are also just after the text. Did you mean it after all?

I think that's about it. Mostly nitpicking; there are choppy sentences and such, but those work, and I like them. I'm looking forward to more!
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »