Reviews for When Opportunity Knocks
ALICE IT'S RAINing chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
good work

Random Peep chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Loved it! This was put together so perfectly, I'm still 'aww'~ing about it! Hee Hee awesome job! Gosh I just loved this story, can't get over it, haven't read a good one in a while sadly, heh heh anyways ignore my rambling, just know this story is awesome. P
DogWizard chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Nice new story! I like how the feel of your stories varies, they're not all the same. I also like how familiar you are with all the characters- it's not just pretty girl A likes pretty girl B.

Keep on writin'!
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
HAHAHAH! Oh, man! This was enjoyable on so many levels. you're still doing RaeJinx SO damn good. It makes me a little sick, to be honest! :D

All the comedic parts were clever and hilarious. I especially liked Jinx walking up to the Tower's main entrance and hitting it with a freakin' sledgehammer. Also the image of Nightwing's face when he got bitch-smacked by knowledge. Then the image of Jinx' face when he sat beside her.

Freakin' classic, LK! Excellent work!

I noticed these kerfluffles:

"...was currently using her powers to the hydraulic legs still so it couldn't run away." -I think it should be 'to hold the hydraulic'.

"Raven, who was never much one for publicity" -This seems awkward. Maybe you couldn't decide between 'never' and 'much' and you left both in by accident?

"An odd, sharp shape of darkness crept down the side of the building as looked on." -I think maybe the last part is missing a 'she'.

Besides that, it's looking good.

Thanks for sharing!
Atrum Nox Noctis chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
OMG! It's a new fic from one of my favorite Jinx/Raven authors! 3 You have no idea how ecstatically happy I was to see this!

Let me just say that this is just one fine piece of literature. Everything from the pacing, the character interactions, and emotion you conveyed through them was just so spot on!

I'll admit that you had me surprised throughout certain points of this fic as far as how some of the characters reacted to various situations, such as when Nightwing realized who Raven's secret admirer was. I honestly thought that he would try to interfere with the budding of any type of relationship between Raven and Jinx once he found out. When he just calmly considered everything and even went as far as to help Jinx, I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, when I consider the fact that five years have passed, it's not too surprising at all, and your author's note said as much. No one is ever the same as they were five years ago, after all.

Then, there's Raven and her little moment of pique in the kitchen with Nightwing after having to deal with Jinx's hesitation to see and speak with her. I found that to be so hilarious, but when I read it, the possibility of her doing that seemed very believable to me. I like this version of Raven. She's still as powerful as she ever was (if not more so), but she has a better hold over her emotions. Granted, little things like exploding teacups happen when she gets aggravated, but I honestly can't blame her for that. With the fact that she has more control now, I was absolutely squealing with delight when I saw the little snog fest going on towards the end of the fic! I love seeing the usually distant Raven actually being happy for once! And nothing bad happened afterwards to boot! It was just so cute!

As for Jinx, I was kinda expecting her to go back to Raven's door in the middle of the night and confront her about her feelings at the very end. Imagine my surprise when I read that she just went straight to the Titans' door instead and knocked on it - with a sledgehammer no less! Still, I thought that was perfectly in character for her, and when I read your author's note about the scene, it made all the more sense! I mean, by going that route, she let Raven know of her interest in her, but she was willing to go through the rest of the Titans to show it. It seemed to have impressed Raven, seeing as how Jinx found the biggest door to express her feelings of interest with, especially according to your author's note. I'm kinda sad that little scene wasn't included, but I completely understand why!

All in all, this was a fantastic one-shot and a long and very well-written one at that! I really hope to see more of this pairing from you! I mean, let's face it: when it comes to the older versions of these characters, no one can quite write them like you can!

Thanks for the great read!
Fears Unspoken chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
I just love all of your stories. It was like christmas to see you posted a new one. Now I feel like writing. Which is good since i haven't updated in a while.
Drenn chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Awe-freaking-some. (Sorry, I had the urge to use a word that sounds like Jinx or Beast Boy could have come up with it)

You wrote that in one day? I think my record for one day is 5,000 words... Seriously k.a.

So, wow. The characters, the dialogue, very high end considering what normally points its head around here. The fact that I'm trying not to gush out how awesome it is means that I think it's pretty awesome. I really appricate that you did all that research, and really thought this through. I don't think I'll look at dinosuars the same again.

So, yes, favorited and reviewed. Well done.
Spikesagitta chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
aww cute story! thanks for sharing!
Rannison chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
My god, I think this is the best Raven/Jinx fic I've read yet! Needless to say, this is my favorite pairing, so I thank you wholeheartedly for brightening my mood.

I sincerely hope to read more from you in the future. Keep it up!
100 Silver Wings chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Usually don't go for oneshots that seem about a million pages long, but you had me hooked from the first sentence. Your style is amazing, your research is insanely in depth, and you make the characters so beleivable. That scorpion does sound awesome, by the way. If it had been my decision, I would have done a giant robot squid. But that would be pretty counterproductive for a fight on land. Hmmm dilema...

Love love love how you tell how you wrote the story in your author's note. Since on this site all the reader gets to see is the finished product, that little bit of insight is really great. Seeing how stuff comes to be is always interesting.

Is the cafe's name French for 'ray of sun' or something like that? My French is limited, I can only toss out really random insults that usually involve cats.

I think it's hilarious how the whole giant scorpion thing comes across as totally normal. Something like that goes on in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle...'Hey, the protesting naked bycyclists are back. Still not sure what they're protesting though...' Every city has its normal stuff.

All in all, a truly awesomely amazingly epic oneshot you have here. And you wrote it all in one day? I'll just sit back in awe now if you don't mind.
chibichoco chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Hahahaha! That was AMAZING! I really enjoyed reading this one. It was hilarious and the end was really sweet too. Great job. :D
Harley Quinn Davidson chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
will definitely open the door for a raejinx moment lol, loved it!
27 | « Prev Page 1 2