Reviews for Drunkin' Donuts
Sammyscougar chapter 4 . 2/13/2012
Brilliant frivolity, absolutely loved reading this story. The comical banter between the brothers was hilarious. LMAO at " Big Brothers are from Mars, Princesses - that'd be you Sam - are from Venus" just one of many funny's in this fic. Also felt sad for Sam, trying so hard to save Dean from whats to come... Beers & Cheers
peaceloveswim chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Are you from New England? Cause that whole dunkin donuts thing sounds just like something a new englander would say.
Jimelda chapter 4 . 8/12/2011
Again first let me say that I just love your titles, they always manage to make me laugh. Secondly, not only was this fic about a drunk, hurt Sam (two of my favourite things) and a super-awesome, kick-ass Dean, it also involved a creepy cat clock, yes I am with you there, those things scare me! So all in all you've probably made this one of my favourite fics ever! :)
arodhwen chapter 4 . 3/7/2011
Nicey nice :D

I'm always wary of trapped action stories, but you handled it brilliantly. The best part is that there was none of the pairing-that-must-not-be-named. Oh and, you know, it was a monster hunt.

You win.
phyllis16hotmail.com chapter 4 . 11/6/2010
read another it was really good going to read a couple more of yours tonight
casammy chapter 4 . 9/28/2010
thanks you for the awesome story, sam hurt and dean overprotectiveness, my stories favorites
IheartSam7 chapter 4 . 8/8/2010
just such lovely descriptives. It draws me in and keeps me wanting more. Good descriptives to me, are like favorite toppings on already good icecream. They make it just so much tastier. Great job!
IheartSam7 chapter 3 . 8/8/2010
awesome stuff!
buggyswifter chapter 4 . 8/8/2010
Hey there friend! Sorry for not reviewing each individual chapter but between RL and some stupid computer issues (it's a crapshoot whether or not things will stay running long enough to post this)time has been at a premium. I just sat down to read your latest and I must say...you again delivered the diversion and smiles that I needed to cheer me up! Just the right combination between suffering Sam and hero Dean. Thank you! Thank you!

I agree completely about the creepy Felix wall clock. My grandparents had one in their kitchen. When I was a kid I refused to be in the same room alone with the stupid thing. It is a toss up which was creepier from childhood, that stupid clock or my older sisters baby doll with the blinky eyes. Both are the things nightmares are made of!

Life continues to be a challenge on all fronts. I want to thank you for your kind message a few weeks ago and apologize for not getting back to you, but I'm sure you understand. Your words touched me and brought strength. It really means a lot to get some words of support and encouragement from one who has been through this rollercoaster ride. You are an awesome person for taking care of your father-in-law, sounds like you both certainly had a time of it. He was lucky to have someone like you in his life. My mother continues to deteriorate. She has a strong constitution and a strong heart, I'm not sure how long we will be struggling with things. Today was a fairly good day - even though she isn't sure who I am anymore it is a relief when she isn't angry or weeping. It helps when she can be distracted by some pretty flowers or taking her for a stroll outside in her wheelchair. Tomorrow she could be threatening to strangle the lady across the hall. We have needed to place her under a guardianship and part of the process involves a court appointed visitor assessing her and providing a report to the court. Even though I have been dealing with her condition and behavior for months it really hit hard seeing someone else put everything down in black and white. Depressing.

So again, thanks for the wonderful words of support and for providing another gem of a story to lift my spirits and take me away for a few minutes into a Sam/Dean fantasy world.

Be well - I am truly grateful to call you friend!

Amy
buyokitty chapter 4 . 8/7/2010
Good story! Now everytime I see one of those clocks, I am going to think it is possesed by some crazy ghost.
TraSan chapter 4 . 8/6/2010
Awesome story, Karen!

Loved all the banter, the brotherly concern, wet/hurt!Sam and big!bro Dean.

Sigh.

Just bro-perfect.
Kynstar chapter 4 . 8/6/2010
So cool! Thanks for sharing! Those clocks are creepy... LOL

Loved this! Poor Dean and Sam [ gotta feel for the boys! Been thru so much and now the 'deal' issue. Great work! So enjoyed it!
Menthol Pixie chapter 4 . 8/6/2010
I could never resist a wet, drunk, hurt Sam. *gets lost in daydreams for a moment...*

Anyways, awesome work!

-Dean drew back, squinting disbelieving at Sam through the downpour. "Dude, are you drunk or hung over? Make up your mind."-

-I loved this. I fact, I love Dean completely in this chapter with his handling of Sam. It was so very in character and sweet without being sappy

"So," Dean sighed, "That's your big plan? A sit in."

-Awesome. I can just picture this scene!

"Pick one Sam or it's the trunk for you."

-typical big brother threat! Great work. Thanks for sharing. :)
Wallflowergirl chapter 4 . 8/6/2010
I loved this poignant ending! All the hugging *YAY* and them telling each other they loved each other (Sam in code... and Dean just straight out!) I guess I should have paid more attention to it before, but I liked how you pulled together Chester the uber-creepy cat swishing away the time, and Dean's time ticking away - nice little... metaphor? symbolism?... there!

And props for the inspiration! Don't you just love it when ideas come from the oddest places!
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 4 . 8/6/2010
Thank you for the funny story.