Reviews for Never Meant to Be
faithful poet chapter 16 . 11/27/2015
Well my dear first and foremost I have to say THANK YOU! Thank you for sharing such a stunning tale with the rest of the world. I am absolutely overwhelmed by every bit of it. Ive only recently become acquainted with the “Gargoyles” series and after watching the series dived straight into the fandom, searching for all kinds of fanfiction. Truth be told Im currently reading anything I can get my hands on but I am especially fond of romantic stories involving Brooklyn and a OC. Now I encountered a lot of OFC so far (currently Im on page 29 and Im not giving up till I went through everything has to offer) and being female myself, dived straight into different characters reaching from Mary Sues to BAMF females who dont take shit.

But what you did just baffled all my senses. I read the description and became intrigued, so I started reading fully expecting another vanilla story that will amuse me. Imagine my initial shock, when I realized that somehow Ive only encountered male OCs. I told myself to get going, because so far the whole setting, descriptions and characters were speaking to me even though I was still sceptic. And then I got to that one scene, where Ronaldo admires the stone sculpture of Brooklyn and I just couldnt deny it any longer: I stumbled over a SLASH fic. Now no worries for I am no hater, quite the opposite, I love them. I was just then that you opened a whole new world to me! Here I was in my small-minded world full of female counterparts for the wonderful hothead and then you give me this! I mean this is like Christmas, Birthdays and whatever occasion you get presents for mixed together! I will admit this to you, I squealed in delight and that means a lot coming from someone who has herself mostly under control… But lets get back to you and your wonderful work.

As I already said your descriptions are great. You put me straight in a position where I had a movie playing in my mind. This is truly something I love in well written stories. From one moment to the next the reader is transported far away. There was no longer a “me” there, I was part of that story going through the ups and downs, laughing and crying with each and every character, seeing what the saw. I had a hard time stopping myself at 4 A.M. and going to sleep for there were still so many chapters for me to go!

I absolutely love the way you portrayed Ronaldo. He is a very complex character and with all the homophobia AND his powers, Im surprised he hadnt gone nuts a long time ago. I highly appreciate you making him so human and not in the damsel in distress kind of way but so that many of his decisions and actions I can relate to. Hell Id sometimes even react quite similar! There is only one thing I have to criticize: you worked a lot with triggering topics like rape or the attempt of it. In no way do I want to offend you, its just that what I missed in the end was the emotional scarring, which occurs 100%. Ronaldo just seems to spring back into action after all the crap he has to get through and maybe I hoped for an explanation how he copes with it. Even Elisa has a major breakdown… I hope you understand what Im trying to say otherwise please just ignore that, my mind sometimes is even too confusing for myself :D

Now to the whole romance part, I think I better start at the end: HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! Yeah, I know Im taking it a bit personal but what can I say, your story just pushed the right buttons within me. I just adored the whole building relationship. There was no “Hey I just met you, lets be together”- thingy, this whole thing developed through time. I may have been tearing at my hair when Brooklyn came up with starting intimacies while being Brody but that just shows how good a job you did. So after all the heartbreak and almost loss to the extremely idiotic decisions made (yeah Goliath and Mike Im watching you guys (here a side note because the also deserve it: your other OCs are absolutely and without question awesome! I love the denial going through Gary and Jacks innocence. And the way you showed Goliath is astounding, because for him being an all honourable and whatnot leader he is a hypocritical self-righteous dick. Excuse my bad language…)) I expected a happy ending. Haha, nope. Did not happen. And I was just sitting there for almost five minutes and contemplating about what just happened. After going through a little breakdown I sniffed my snot away and searched through your page to find if there was more to it. After all you could not just let people hanging like that right? And then I found it, the perfect closure because the truth is what you did in WHAT WAS MEANT TO BE: 5 YEARS LATER was the balm to my sobbing soul. It showed character development, how each of the guys had grown in their own way and I loved it.

So, to end this little rant of mine (I hope youll forgive me for this) I again wish to thank you for the great work. My dear youve done very well here. Thank you so much!

Love, Poet
Akuma the Dark One chapter 2 . 10/8/2012
What the hell is going on, you keep changing the pov.
Akuma the Dark One chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
A nice start, also be careful how you use Santa Madre the older generation of my race doesn't take to kindly to people insulting the Holy Mother.
HalfBloodDragon621 chapter 16 . 2/20/2012
The story is well written but obviously not reviewed enough before the upload words are misspelled, missing, or the wrong one is in place. The cliffhangers at each chapter keep me wanting to read more. That all said and done I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the story but I despised the ending with every fiber of my romance loving heart. This is the kinda of story the inspires new writers (me included). I can't wait to read more of your work.
Crystal-Wolf-Guardain-967 chapter 16 . 7/2/2011
loved it!
Myslef chapter 16 . 1/20/2011
This story is sad but very good, I enjoyed reading it thank you
callmeBaby'08 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
this is nice not what im used to but i like where this is going
Billie the fourth sage chapter 16 . 11/28/2009
This sent me on so many roller coaster ups and downs, making me laugh and cry and dream about it and run to the computer to continue it in the morning.

I feel like crying now, with that end ;A; Terrible, but lovely. You made everything come together so perfectly. I really can't express my emotions so well here, but I LOVED THAT TOO MUCH.

Thank you for such an amazing fic.
Billie the fourth sage chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I have fallen in love with your story :3 Honestly though xD

I'm sad because I spoiled it for myself since I stumbled upon the sequel before this fic, so I know the outcome. But still, seeing it all coming together is just LOVE for me. Plus, your writing's pristine :3

Onward to the next chapter
Dario Argento Syndrome chapter 15 . 12/21/2007
please update this interesting story.
Brooklynfan chapter 15 . 8/5/2007
This is such an awesome story! I sure hope you get the chance to update soon! I GOTTA find out what happens next!
Inferno chapter 15 . 7/18/2007
Wow! Honestly, all I can say is just wow. I love this story. As soon as I started to read it I just couldn't stop until this last update. It was a great idea, this story. It's very original and very well written. I give you a standing ovation with this story. I hope that you update soon! Anyway again awsome job with this story!
Bloodyblade666 chapter 15 . 2/24/2007
i was holding my breath on that last chapter!

Please update!