Reviews for Overcoming Destiny
JMech chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
IZAKAMINA!
The Golden Phoenix Song chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
I really could not care less whether you included excerpts from other places; it was mentioned in your author's note in the beginning. Ignore stupid flames.

Anyways, onto the actual review. Well, not that I have much else to say apart from 'beautiful'. This story literally gave me goosebumps, and it is very, very rare that a story is so moving that it actually triggers a reaction like that.

But anyway, I'll try to be a bit more specific:

Your characterisation was spot-on, your dialogue was fantastic, your vocabulary was lovely, no flowery big words.

Specifically, I loved the way you characterised Izanagi. Just going by his dialogue, I could envision what kind of character he would be and what kind of personality he'd have. I think he'd be similar to Igor, the all-knowing wise kind of character.

I loved the way Izanagi inspired Souji to continue to battle, and how he could hear his friends' voices in his head 'until it flowed freely from every inch of his skin. That was so beautiful.

Anyway, if I go any further, I'll be analysing the story line by line.

In a nutshell, it was amazing. You are an amazing writer. Well done.
KeRose chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Interesting tidbit of your take on what happened for true ending scenario.

I can't comment much on the story, but I can say that the last reviewer is an $$ for simply leaving a flame about not quoting the lines.

I see where he is coming from, and I suppose he/she is right in correcting you, but it should have done with a little bit more tact like putting that criticism within some comments and praises.

I can't stand people like that.

Anyways, good job.

K( )
SH chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
stolen lines from gurren-lagann. Either you put a note where you got it from, or get rid of it before you're branded as plagiarist.