Reviews for Natural Selection
pregar chapter 8 . 8/19
Wow. I did not expect much from this story, but... Wow. That was beautiful.
TheSilverInfinity chapter 8 . 3/19
this story was beautiful in every way. Words and imagery so carefully and wonderfully constructed, it brings me awe. I feel like i've witnessed something magical. Its not often that I come across a story that leaves me feeling so, so... I'm not even sure how to express this it. I feel like this story will stick with me for a while to come.
iamrobinnxp chapter 8 . 8/18/2019
This is one of the best fics I have ever read. Not just for Spirited Away, but fanfiction in general. Your choice of words and the way they flow are beautiful. So glad to have found your work. I love how Haku is portrayed here because it's really close to my image of him 3
Wren Truesong chapter 1 . 2/5/2019
Gods (prayer intended!) I still love this fic so much. But I've already reviewed the last chapter, so hopefully this one will let me say it~
SimplyTruth chapter 8 . 10/12/2018
I just want to know that I really adore this fanfic and always find myself coming back here years after years to reread it and reminiscence its beauty. How the words flow, and how you chose not to dwell with the complication of Chihiro and Haku's struggling to get together but rather the aftermath of the said "happy ending".

I'm truly, truly fascinated with this decision. It's where the story of Gods and modern world truly shines, and while Haku's change in appearance and element could took a while to get used to, it was necessary. It's melancholic, but as you lose something, you gain something as well. Everything changes, and both of you portrayed it beautifully.

Thank you for taking your time to write and share this to the world!
Metamorphic Jenny chapter 8 . 9/7/2018
Very lovely story!its charming and cute and the relationship between Chihiro and Haku is sweet
Reymen chapter 8 . 8/15/2018
This one was really good story. Thank you.
Royal blueKitsune chapter 8 . 2/8/2018
You guys sent across the perfect feeling of trepidation - I swear I felt it grow inside me as we got closer to reviving the goddess.

AND THEN COMPLETION. AND PERFECTION

I love the simple ending...because it doesn't feel like an ending. It feels like another beginning we'll just have to imagine.

Thank you so much for writing this! The romance, the mystery - it's freaking 4 in the morning and here I am happy as a lark and unable to go to sleep now. 3333
Royal blueKitsune chapter 7 . 2/8/2018
*smiling stupidly* How are people so darn talented? I doubt I could've thought out this scenario in a hundred years but you make it work so well!

SO WELL. KUDOS. ALL THE KUDOS!
Royal blueKitsune chapter 4 . 2/8/2018
Spot-on description of the parents. I always did think the father was kind of brutish and the wife was sort of...not really interested in much but herself.

Ugh. Glad Haku put them back in their places. xD
Royal blueKitsune chapter 3 . 2/8/2018
iShe laughed and stepped away from him, spreading her arms wide and spinning around. She looked ageless for a moment, a young girl wrapped into the body of a grown woman who hadn't forgotten joy, and Haku felt his heart trip over itself as he fell in love with her all over again./i

I smiled stupidly

i His mind, his belly, and ...other parts of him ... would soon be full./i

I cackled madly

iThe thought made the nausea increase; his hands twitched as he thought of Chihiro. Of how fragile she sometimes felt in his arms, and what would be left behind afterward And for himself, after she was gone.../i

I felt an emptiness in my stomach.

You're killing me with feels over here. [[INSERT OVERLOAD OF FEELS GIF HERE]]
Royal blueKitsune chapter 1 . 2/8/2018
I just finished rewatching Spirited Away and went to the Tv tropes page for some extra reading. And lo and behold - fanfic recs! AND YOURS IS A BLESSING.

IT'S JUST SO DARN ENTERTAINING I COULD WEEP. WEEP I TELL YOU!

(first time reader of Haku/Chihiro fic - I wasn't even sure this fandom, let alone this pairing, existed in written form!)

Haku's adventures in the human world are just the perfect thing after Chihiro's adventures in the spirit world. I love how you write his dragon-ish nature - PERFECT!
Basil Allegri chapter 8 . 10/20/2017
I love how you portrayed Haku with Chihiro and her family - it's not always easy to have in-laws (god or human ones), but the tension was more natural than despicable, and you could tell everyone was trying.
BooksandBrownies chapter 8 . 10/10/2017
This was completely and utterly charming. Not in that vaguely patronizing way that little girls with ribbons who lisp out complicated words are, but like tiny clockwork butterflies that you could stare at for hours but feel your thick fingers could bend with the wrong touch. Charming in a way that completely spoils me because I adored your prose, and your characterization was wonderful, and when I was nearing the end I had to keep taking breaks to try to make reading last longer. Your writing was...(And here I hate English, because the word that best fits is "humanizing" which is ironic, but because English, at least, doesn't really use a word besides "human" to carry the feeling of real, solid, breathing, tangible in a way beyond seesmelltastetouch that makes your brain connect with something on empathetic levels. The type of connection that makes you go "person" even if the "person" is, say, your cat, who you know isn't a human person but is much more empathetic than, say, your rude uncle. Not that I admit to liking my cat more than my uncles, nope, purely hypothetical, moving on.) Good, let's say good. Your writing was good and I liked it.
I could keep going and gushing, but I'm going to cut myself off.
Tldr: I really adored this story, so thank you for posting, and I hope you have a good day!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/2/2017
This remains a thing of beauty. Every so often (call it every other year or so) I get reminded of Spirited Away, which reminds me of this fic, and then I come and reread it. And I love it every time.