Reviews for Young Sam's Teacher
yay chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I like the comment regarding the spoon.
Madlenita chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Wonderful story!
I really like idea that Susan would like to tech young Sam... ANy chances for sequel?
kim-onka chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Of course, who else! It's great how you kept everyone IC, and I especially like the footnotes, they are just in Sir Pratchett's style and contribute to the humour of the story.
Ebzenka chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
A very little bit OOC, and I cannot understand why the interview looked like Susan desperately wants to teach little Sam and is doing a casting, but even that was not so bad, because I liked the story very much (and I really have no idea how else could you do it, so I should shut up and stop nagging). The main thing I really liked, Commander interacted great with your Susan, and I loved the way he cooperated with her to keep her incognito.
Stina Whatever chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
lol, this was great
fledge chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
A very nice little something, even if Sybil is definitely somewhat out of character - imperious and graceful are not words that come to mind readily when thinking of her. And I'm a bit surprised that Vimes has no idea of the grandfather business.

Otherwise well done* and certainly deserving of some follow-up.

* including the footnotes
Thobbit chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
And then Sam grew up with about as good an education as it's possible to get - coppering from his da, society/diplomacy from his ma, and all the practical and occult stuff from his teacher. (Though I'd be willing to bet Vetinari teaches him a couple tricks, and Carrot never shuts up about Ankh-Morpork history:))
BillyTheMadHatter chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I liked reading this, although I though Sybil was a bit out of character. A little to imperious and over-dramatic. But you definitely got Vimes down, and I'm told that this is not an easy thing to do. The footnotes were good, too.
Gothgirlreid chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Wow! I love this fic :) Is there any chance of you continuing with it?
Lauren chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
I love it - is there going to be anny more?

your formatting could use some work but I don't if thats your fault or ffnets ...
A.A. Pessimal chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Lovely!

Just one little quibble, though.

Sybil also went to school at QAYL. Even though there'd be at least twenty years between them, the fact Susan went to her old school would count for points - Sybil would possibly have asked "Did you have Miss Stamp for History or was she before your time?" or "How did you get on with Delcross and Butts?"

We are told the old girls of QAYL are the close-knit Ladies Who Organise. And who Organises better than Susan...

I can't see this passing unackknowledged, but apart from that, grand tale!
rtag chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Loved this story. Kinda like to see more of it.