Reviews for Caged Bird
DakotaLady chapter 2 . 2/24/2011
Beautiful ...
Kuchiki-san urahara chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Beautiful story. Definitely one of my best GA stories ever.
optimistiCelia chapter 2 . 11/26/2010
Really, really, *really* lovely. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so very much for this.

celia
Leyy chapter 2 . 11/25/2010
i was trying to clean my inbox and came across this story alert so i decided to read this again. i realized that i haven't submitted any feedback after reading this beautifully written 2-part story. my bad, i should be ashamed of myself :)

this is one of the reason why i can't help but reread your stories about merder because it brings me to a different level. this one brings me to another level of their inner understanding, their trust to be just the way they are without the fear of being judged or misunderstood, the complete surrender to the fact that they both can't survive without each other. sometimes i feel that merder is the ultimate couple for me and ask myself if the merediths out there would meet their dereks in their lifetime.

i love this & my heartfelt thanks for sharing :)
Frozenfan7 chapter 2 . 11/13/2010
I like this story.
merderluvr chapter 2 . 8/4/2010
Dear Double Scotch:

I like the symbolism of the caged bird in this story. Mer is definitely a bird in need of flight. I also love that you explored that scene in the car where we all were trying to guess what Christina and Mer said to one another. Derek was also a strong, supportive friend and lover to Meredith in this story in a way that I found more comforting than Grey's can ever explore. You gave us a steamy love scene, but it really was about giving every single ounce of eachother and just feeling connected as one being. I enjoyed this story, as I do the others you've written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and imagination. Sue
mollyisfast chapter 2 . 8/4/2010
apes!

love this story.

i love getting the holes filled in from where i feel like the show left off or left out entirely.

and this was such a powerful part of their story.

showing up.

no running.

and ultimately being rewarded with each other.

i love everything you do- you know that!
cahillfive chapter 2 . 8/3/2010
Geez! You're on a roll... absolutely beautiful work from you! What a joy to read. Thank you!
spydrga chapter 2 . 8/3/2010
Beautiful. In this fic, for them, they are like a dance. A spiritual, emotional, sensual dance. Loved it. Thx for writing it.
MerDerSoInLove chapter 2 . 8/3/2010
"He washes me clean … he kisses me clean … he loves me clean … he loves me … period."

My favorite phrase from this fic. He loves her, no matter what.
halfbakedsourdough chapter 2 . 8/3/2010
Reading this whole thing again this morning while the house was quiet was such a treat for me...because it is such a beautiful story, and because it makes me appreciate what I have with my own husband so much. The intimacy, the suss, the thoughts and emotions, the unconditional acceptance, the connection between these two lovers...I swear to God woman, you write the best love stories I have ever read.

xoxoxo
McDreamy's Post-It Wife chapter 2 . 8/3/2010
Loved it!
Wamzwrites chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
APES. AGAIN. MY GOD.

Ok the start of this: Derek holds my hand as he starts the truck and pulls me away from my self-imposed imprisonment – my chest hurts, my heart hurts even more – and the whole time I was in there, in that chamber of mercy, I speculated what I would feel like when I walked out of that moment and back into my life. ... the idea of the self-imposed imprisonment... was so.. resonating with me. It just.. was an amazing sentence. I loved it. Anyway onto the rest :)

I love Meredith's monologue here. I love that she's questioning how she's going to deal with this.. and just how watching someone die will affect her. I love this: because he's finally there, right where I need him to be, and for the first time it felt like there was a 'we' - GOD, Apes, that was perfection. Seriously like.. the best dessert on a plate right there.

I loved the moments between them.. the love-making... (you know you write amazing suss) and then the end... with the balancing act. God, again, I felt like you were writing about me... mainly because you know who has to know when to push and when I'm just not ready to talk... and frankly, I'm still not ready to talk about it. I'm not ready to admit it... or deal with it.. or anything. I'm too scared. But this part.. between Meredith and Derek about that... about their relationship and how to make it work, and how Derek finally made it, is PERFECT.

This story was amazing, Apes. Amazing and beautiful. So... beautiful. Thank you for writing it and sharing it. You are amazing.

xoi
Wamzwrites chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
APES!

My god, woman. I loved this. LOVED. It made me cry. Partially because I'm an emotional mess these days... but also because it was just so DAMN good. I had forgotten what this episode was about, but you reminded me immediately in your amazingness. And still this line.. from the episode...

"You see things in black and white, Meredith doesn't."

That line is one of my favorites of the entire series. I don't know why. It just is.

But this part... (and I'm lucky because I get to go right to the next part in a second)... was AMAZING. I love that Derek's questioning his understanding of Mer. I love that he's trying to figure it out as he waits for her to emerge from the prison.. and I love the end of this part.

You are AMAZING. It's that simple.

Onto more :)

xoi
halfbakedsourdough chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
I adore this moment...when Derek finally 'gets' Meredith. I can picture him standing there, all hunkered down against the cold wind, waiting for his woman. Your writing always makes me sigh like a fool. :)

I love that you wrote this. You're the best. I mean it.

xoxoxo