Reviews for Incomplete
WheelerValentine chapter 3 . 3/3/2014
I Love these they're so well written.
Wandering Around In The Dust chapter 3 . 8/7/2011
Oooh, I think out of the three, this one was the most fun. ;D

I really feel sorry for JACK since he's the only one in the relationship who knows that Carly was a Dark Signer (and he also saw her die ;_;). He has the bear the pain by himself (unless Carly gets her memories back some way, which I personally would not be against at all if it was done realistically). It's sad; two simple colors that one person might simply find appealing together can cause bad memories to resurface for another.

Again, that characterization was done well. Carly is sweet, but also pensive ("And it appears that he still kept a key to my place") and self-conscious about her clothes. JACK also comes off as insensitive at first (well, to Carly XD), but really, he just is shaken because of her attire and he really does care; I love the part where it says "He had never been big on compliment." That's so true!

The ending made me chuckle, what with Carly asking JACK what she can and can't wear and the part where Carly suggests that she dress up as Yusei and JACK gets mad. XD "Don't even think about it," indeed! :D

Overall, these three drabbles were all *very* nice, and if you have the time and are still interested in continuing this story, I'd love to read more! :D
Wandering Around In The Dust chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
Yay! Martha's on my Top Ten 5D's Characters list, so I really liked seeing her make a vital appearance in this drabble.

Carly's always so clumsy (IIRC she tripped on her own feet in one of the earlier episodes with her XD), so I can definitely see her breaking mugs and messing up kitchens. Again, I really like how you included the line about swallowing "the surge of uncharacteristic anger", showing that she has depth in her character.

This one takes place before the first one, right? (Assuming they all happen in the same universe, of course XD). I felt that JACK came off as a bit meaner in this one, so I liked that it's explained that he's just acting that way for her own good. That really sounds like something JACK would do, especially according to his introspections during D-Carly vs. JACK duel.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this. (And I really hope that JACK went to go after Carly instead of chickening out XD).
Wandering Around In The Dust chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I adore this! The thought of Carly having bad dreams (snippets from when she was a Dark Signer, I expect) and JACK comforting her (and living with her! :D) is really sweet. :3

You really kept the two in-character, capturing Carly's sweet side ("Goodnight, Jackie") as well as her more perceptive and mature side ("He wasn't really asking, she mused; he was pretty much demanding to know."). A common trap in fanfiction and even actual TV is dumbing down a character to their most basic trait (in TvTropes terminology, this is called Flanderization), which in Carly's case would probably be her spazziness, and you avoided that mistake quite smoothly by showing the different facets of her personality.

I especially adore how you let JACK keep his seemingly callous personality yet still made it obvious that he cares for Carly-through actions instead of words. As much heartwarming as it is for me to see JACK being kind and gentle with Carly (which I can envision him being after he's *finally* come to terms with his feelings for her, and-most importantly-they're alone together XD) I believe your way of having him keep more of his Jerk With A Heart Of Gold characterization is more effective, especially for people who don't know what their relationship is like. I love his little introspection; JACK always seems like someone who spends a good amount time thinking, and you conveyed that aspect of his character well.

Overall, I really enjoyed this drabble. :3
Sisypheria chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I love thinking about what transpires between the two after the traumatic Dark Signers arc. What you've written here does not disappoint me at all! Jack surely would be quite protective and possessive, and it's bittersweet that he alone remembers what happened when Carly was a Dark Signer. I like the idea that she would have nightmares...because sometimes we're able to recall our dreams, but the girl wouldn't be able to understand that her nightmares were actually memories. Amnesia is scary to think about!

All these short stories were a pleasure to read. I hope you will continue to write-you are a very skilled writer!
Sisypheria chapter 2 . 7/6/2011
Ohhhh, I love reading about Martha in a Jack and Carly fic. She really is Jack's "mother," so it's fun to read about how he reacts around her. Admitting that he loves Carly to Martha is something that I see as very believable. I really liked this one!
Sisypheria chapter 3 . 7/6/2011
Aww, poor Jack being reminded of bad times. I really enjoyed reading the way you think he would tackle that kind of situation. Good job!
dqbsurf chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
how swat! lol. make more please
Paul-Kun chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
neeeeeext please X3
Surgical Rose chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
this is truly brilliant, i can see martha giving jack or yusei a little lecture about telling the truth. I can see why jack doesnt want to say anything about it though.
jenuinetears chapter 3 . 8/16/2010
Aw, these are some cute drabbles!

These are all really cute. I mean, Jack doesn't want to tell Carly about her being a Dark Signer, and it's hard not to, but he makes up excuses.

Individually! 3 I think the 1st chap was my favorite. That just two more letters added onto his name could cause such an effect on Jack- scary. And I love the picture of Jack living at her house and waking up when she gets nightmares or bad dreams. .

Two was nice. I can really imagine Carly messing up Martha's kitchen.

The third- again like the first, being reminded of DSC. I'd like to see Carly dressed up as a pumpkin! And how Jack says that she looks good in blue so that she won't wear black/orange. Aww.

Update soon!

-Jen
carlyxjack chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Ha Jack is so nice here and so caring.

I wish this would also happen in the anime.

I really luv your story and part 2 is also nice.

I can imagine Martha saying that to Jack
Animad345 chapter 2 . 8/6/2010
Oh my God! I am loving your story!

The first chapter was so adorable- you dealt with the memories of Carly being a Dark Signer sensitively and really brought out both sides of Jack Atlas.

Please write more soon!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
You gotta update I really liked it, jack was arrogant as usual but he also cared whitch made this story great!