Reviews for Under The Table And Dreaming
sanctuary-in-dreams chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Wow. This was awesome! The characterization was really strong, the dialogue witty, and the plot solid. _ Arthur's fear of not being able to dream was interesting. And the fact that Arthur didn't want to be in Eames' fantasy relationship was a nice touch as well.

Nice make up at the end. Even though the sex at the end seemed a little rushed, it was still a nice touch - especially with that last line. :-)

Also: LOL with Eames as the blonde. Too funny.

Nice job!

Sid
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Excellent fic, I really enjoyed it. I definitely felt that you kept true to the characters even while developing them further. I love the idea that Arthur doesn't mind Eames's flirting but his caring is what's scary!
Skye Scape chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
EE! OMG! PERFECT! Just.. perfect. I love your portrayal of Arthur.. and dreaming like a drug.. XD Just.. AWESOME! I need more! Onto Games We Play next!
Agrafie chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
You were one of the Arthur/Eames authors I had my eye on because I enjoyed all of the other short pieces you had done and the way you write the characters. They always felt real rather than some romantic heroes. I knew I would be in for a treat when I started this one and you didn't prove me wrong.

I love the way you wrote Arthur's isolation and sense of meaninglessness and restlessness after the job was finished. Again, you nailed the 'real' there. I also love love love the way Eames just sort of imposes himself upon Arthur's life and doesn't take no for an answer. The dialogue when Arthur is shaving and Eames is wandering around the apartment is priceless ("I had to explain to her that you're a cold bastard" and "I decided on Indian"). The way he ignores all of Arthur's silly little questions about how he got there and what did he want. I loved it when Arthur says he can't brush Eames off anymore and then when Eames eventually says he's putting his foot down (that was pretty sexy). That was great because when you're in a slump or if you're used to being alone all you want to do is push everyone away and stay in your bubble. I still don't know how I feel about the ending because I think that even if Arthur was willing to give it a go it would still be more gradual. They'd at least have to get wasted first.

All in all I really enjoyed this story and I'll be looking for more from you. Thanks for sharing!
Francesca Monterone chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This is awesome!

You know, I just got back from the cinema, where I watched that movie for the first time and on the entire way back, I had my mind firmly wrapped around this pairing. I went to see the movie with three friends (two girls and a guy) and at the end one of my friends said: "That was perfect, but there should have been more of a love story between the two of them." And I asked her: "Arthur and Eames? Yeah, I think so, too." Well, guess what - everybody was looking at me as if I had said something very odd, and when I tried to explain to them that really it was sooo obvious (much more so than Cobb and Ariadne), all I got was "No way!".

Well, I guess, this story proves that I'm not the only one who thought so...
RuByMoOn17 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
bloody good!
claustro-phobia chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Very nice. Adequately descriptive without becoming heavy-handed, and truly lovely characterization throughout. In spite of a few muddy transitions, a truly enjoyable read.
Lucy'sDaydreams chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
I'm floored- this is amazing. The characterization is so WELL, and their exchange at the end- what with Eames vowing to wear the jacket every day of his life, and Arthur's fond exasperation murmuring against his lips. I love it. I'm in love with it. And with them. Gorgeous; simply gorgeous.
minlin chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
I just saw Inception today for the first time and I *knew* that there had to be Arthur/Eames fic somewhere.

This is absolutely wonderful! At first it's rather sad, but Eames is so determined and honestly caring and concerned. And the ending is lovely!
Falling Cinders chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Ok... this story.. was hella good and incredibly solid all around. The sheer amount of little details in this story was amazing and really cemented Arthur and Eames' voices as belonging to the same two characters as in the film.

What really struck me was the bit about Eames getting Arthur some of the takeout food, which in itself is a nice gesture, but then it turning out that he's given him the spiciest from the dishes just to be that little bit antagonistic. I think that's the point where I thought that the writer really had a grasp on the characters and their personalities.

Honestly, I can't wait to read the next story from you regarding these two and the Inception universe in general cos I'm blown away and super grateful that I was allowed to enjoy this story. It really did feel like a gift. :)
A chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
unnnfff soo freaking hot!
br0kenmind chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
[Arthur rolled his eyes. "You can have the couch. I don't know if I have any blankets for it or anything."

"You're leaving me all alone on the couch?" Eames pouted.

"You can have the bath tub if you prefer," Arthur said, getting up to clear things away.]

This quote made me press Ctrl D immediately and add this to my bookmarks because HELL, I AM SO READING THIS FOR A WEEK FROM NOW ON. I promise.

This. Was. So. Bloody. Awesome.

Huh. So, review. Well, what can I say? You have to know about me that I am possibly the most lazy reviewer in the world. I review, like, one fic out of thousand. And only the best. So, feel honoured, will you. xD (Translation: Very, very, very, very, very, VERY good job.)

I also love how full of quotable dialog/description your writing is. (See the upper quote.) Just like a good, witty movie dialog, have you ever considered becoming a screenplay writer? Or are you already one? 8D Also very in-character, as in-character as non-canon can be. :D

And your writing style. I mean, your writing style, your writing style... may I repeat myself? Your. Writing. Style. Georgeous and hot and wonderful. And the plot. Georgeous and hot and wonderful, too.

Well. Sorry if all this didn't make any sense to you, but since I am not a native speaker in English and it's half past midnight over here, I consider myself conditionally able to speak foreign languages and I just want you to know that reading your story was awesome. That's it. I am done babbling around. Have a nice, well, night, day, evening, morning, whenever you may be reading this.

Thank you muchest for writing this. 3
OneWhoSitsWithTheTurtles chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
lol nice ending. I really enjoyed this story! It was great build up and the ending made me so happy :)
A Price to Pride chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Very wonderful. It had a nice flow. I love these two already. I watched the movie today for the second time when suddenly it was just so obvious that these two belonged together (in my warped slash-obsessed mind) So thank you endlessly for posting this lovely fic!
FinalFallenFantasy chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
I am so horrendously late now... But I had to finish reading this. It's so well done. I love how Eames seems to be an anchor for Arthur throughout all of it, and I like how Arthur seems to be aware that Eames is in love with him, without making a fuss about it.

It's a really good story. I would write more, but I seriously need to run.