Reviews for Sacrifices
the-kids-are-NOT-alright chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Wow, this made me tear up! I saw the movie when I was in eighth grade, and recently got it for my birthday, and realized there might be a poem like this about it! I do have some suggestions, though (please know, I'm not nitpicking, I'm just saying what I thought could make it even better!) :

1. If this was free verse, by all means, ignore this, but if you were going for narrative or something, you might like to have a rhyme scheme!

2. "prize at the end-someday" instead of the " after "someday," because dialogue is continued in the next line, use a comma (,) after "someday" and keep the quotation mark at the beginning of "the person..."

This was a wonderful poem!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
So, you wrote this forever ago. Haha, but I just watched this movie at school, ad cried my eyes out. It was ridiculous. Thank you for beig the first to write something. A beautiful and heart wrenching view on such a horrible example of human aggression. The full extent of the holocaust (or Guido's death) didnt truly hit me until I realized that Joshua was to grow up without a father. So, thanks :)
Pinbreaker chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Beautiful. I love the things that show Guido's bravery and dedication to his family. Thank you for posting this.
Ditte3 chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Very you.
Jess chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Hey

I watched the movie last year at school. It nearly made me cry at the end like your poem does. It is really, really good. It summarize the main plot of the movie quite well - so all in all you did a geart job *thumb up*

P.S. sorry for my bad english I'm german...
TellMeLies12 chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
This was a sweet poem.

I love that movie. It's a tear jerker. (sniffs, one tear falls onto the keyboard)
angelwriter2492 chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
this was so sad, but it was fantastic! i love this movie, and the poem is great :)
swallowfatewings chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
You've said it all, all the amazing things the movie was about that I knew but was never able to discrib it like you did. Well... never mind, I don't have to describe it, I just know it :) You're poem is beautiful, I loved it. So simple and TRUE. It's such a great movie, don't you think? I love this movie.
LadyRaven-321 chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
I just came across your poem, and I must say you do put a lot of emotion in your writing. The one thing I notice when it comes to writing anything poems to stories is to keep working at it.

Also, read story books and poems (and other fanfiction stories) you tend to pick up a few things that normal classes may not teach. When it all comes down to it, it is called experience ;)

Before I started focusing more on writing I use to be a terrible speller. Mind you, I still need work with certian areas in grammer, but after a few good constructive criticism as well as assisting beta readers I have been able to improve more with that.

Keep up the awesome work!
Sparrowsoul chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Nice. i like writing too, and i am also new to fanfiction. i think you should include a bit more about his principesa, or did u leave her out for a reason?
Kreepi Spicer chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Not bad. I liked it.
TanzSavino chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
This is a great poem! don't say it's bad! could you write another one?
bambi eyes chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
omg- your poem was really really good! i loved the movie & your poem was very touching! good luck on your future writings
Orenji Yume chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
lovely poem. ) simple but i find it sweet in a way. um...abt the format, u cud try uploadin again but in the 'poem' format instead of 'story' mebbe tt will help..._
Elraralia chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
*sob sob* This is beautiful. That movie made me cry so hard.